Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 05:30 AM
Prince.Lu
6th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Generally, the black screen after installation or the return to the original vehicle interface during use are caused by loose or incorrect installation of the flat cable. Please avoid several examples of wrong connection of flat cable.

Old 02-26-2023, 05:17 PM
pchak
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In market for a mid aughts Pan, and found this for upgrades. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2023, 07:36 AM
pbuechel
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@TerryC
Thanks f
or the pic. I'm wondering that changing "Voice Assistant Volume" has no effect in the resultant volume.
I think that this setting is for common Siri answers, like asking for weather conditions ...
But no matter what value I choose, the resulting volume of Siri's answer is always the same.
Any idea?
Old 03-22-2023, 07:53 PM
ekranoplan
Intermediate

Default Awful Audio static noise with ISUDAR PCM3.1 on AUX

Appreciate any advice folks - all audio good from OEM PCM Radio, CD etc. But after installation of ISUDAR CP31DCBSJ8812WP3 getting a sharp crackling noise when using either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and factory settings from Isudar. Original mic only - was working ok with telephone calls. See video here:

Leaving switched off overnight and trying again - Isudar audio works for about 20 secs then distorsion / static increases until the music is no longer audible. Thereafter it comes in after 1 sec.

Have left message with Kimi at Isudar.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:11 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

@ekranoplan for the music playing on AUX, what is the source, I know that it is coming through that input, but where is the file?
Old 03-23-2023, 08:44 AM
ekranoplan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Westcoast
@ekranoplan for the music playing on AUX, what is the source, I know that it is coming through that input, but where is the file?
Thanks

Its using an iPhone (BT and WiFi connected to ISUDAR with Carplay). Same happens with Android Auto and Spotify thtrough teh ISUDAR (which uses AUX channel for sound).

Old 03-23-2023, 02:35 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ekranoplan
Thanks

Its using an iPhone (BT and WiFi connected to ISUDAR with Carplay). Same happens with Android Auto and Spotify thtrough teh ISUDAR (which uses AUX channel for sound).
Well, I tried out music playback, from the phone, using Spotify, XM Sirius App and actual MP3 files on the phone, all worked fine, clear and clean audio playback from all sources.

I did notice now looking at your screen shot of the input sources I notice that it is missing the AUX(BT) selection, IIRC this is enabled as part of the Isudar installation?

From the Isudar manual, and resulting addition of AUX(BT)

Additionally perhaps the optical fiber cable connection is at fault, either dirty or not fully seated? The sound in your video reminds me of digital static when all of the data is not getting through.

Relocation of fiber optic cable from OEM harness to Isudar harness.

Playing from my Android phone

Last edited by Westcoast; 03-23-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:05 PM
ekranoplan
Intermediate

Thanks,

AUX BT is available for PCM 3,1 but not needed by Isurdar unit. So use AUX instead Tried again today with Isurdar microphone and suggested set up (74dB-77dB) setting for echo/background noise but makes no difference at all compared to internal mic. tried phone calls - all screen visuals OK but the noise is terrible - awful static distortion sound - un readable in aviation R/T speak. Have made another video with Android Auto - just as bad as Carplay - same noise issue.

Must be a faulty Isurdar circuit board or maybe a saturated capacitor on it?
Old 03-23-2023, 08:08 PM
ekranoplan
Intermediate

Old 03-23-2023, 08:21 PM
ekranoplan
Intermediate

Here are the Android Auto videos of same noise problem:

and

Old 03-24-2023, 01:22 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ekranoplan
Thanks,

AUX BT is available for PCM 3,1 but not needed by Isurdar unit. So use AUX instead Tried again today with Isurdar microphone and suggested set up (74dB-77dB) setting for echo/background noise but makes no difference at all compared to internal mic. tried phone calls - all screen visuals OK but the noise is terrible - awful static distortion sound - un readable in aviation R/T speak. Have made another video with Android Auto - just as bad as Carplay - same noise issue.

Must be a faulty Isurdar circuit board or maybe a saturated capacitor on it?
If you haven't already, I would go over the complete install again and check for proper seating and orientation of all connections to and from the Isudar board. One thing I wouldn't do is tape the BT/WiFi antennas to the top of the PCM and behind the display essentially reducing their range, by design the cables for these are longer to allow you to position them in the clear.

Have you heard back from Isudar support?
Old 03-26-2023, 01:39 PM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

On you pictures i see that you do'nt have put hose clam on the two wiring inside pcm and the connector at the right seem to be bad.
It's very important that the wiring don't move.

Last edited by Marcus13190; 03-26-2023 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:17 AM
MrLArgo
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently installed ISUDAR in my 2011 Cayenne PCM 3.1, all went well but I am having some wireless carplay issues.

Randomly, when using wireless carplay, the sound will drop for a second and pick back up. It does this a few times, then ultimately the entire wireless signal drops, and I lose Carplay connectivity, and it goes to the ISUDAR home screen. I try to manually press Carplay icon, and it acts like my phone is not connected (gives me the screen saying how to setup wireless). Wired CarPlay via USB works perfectly, so I have isolated it to the wireless signal/connectivity. Thoughts/suggestions?

Is my unit using the latest firmware (see pic)? Also, have they addressed/fixed wireless staying live for 30 mins after car shut down? This is my only gripe...

Thanks!

Old 03-29-2023, 12:09 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Same version that I am running, no issues at all with AA wireless connection. I suggest that you try 2.4Ghz connectivity instead of 5Ghz to see if that wifi connection is more stable.

The following users liked this post:
MrLArgo (03-29-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 01:05 PM
ozzythething
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MrLArgo
I recently installed ISUDAR in my 2011 Cayenne PCM 3.1, all went well but I am having some wireless carplay issues.

Randomly, when using wireless carplay, the sound will drop for a second and pick back up. It does this a few times, then ultimately the entire wireless signal drops, and I lose Carplay connectivity, and it goes to the ISUDAR home screen. I try to manually press Carplay icon, and it acts like my phone is not connected (gives me the screen saying how to setup wireless). Wired CarPlay via USB works perfectly, so I have isolated it to the wireless signal/connectivity. Thoughts/suggestions?

Is my unit using the latest firmware (see pic)? Also, have they addressed/fixed wireless staying live for 30 mins after car shut down? This is my only gripe...

Thanks!
try changing the wireless channel, if you’re not on 5 GHz bands switch to one of those bands as they allow for more bandwidth

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1