Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 12:10 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by MrLArgo
I recently installed ISUDAR in my 2011 Cayenne PCM 3.1, all went well but I am having some wireless carplay issues.
Also, have they addressed/fixed wireless staying live for 30 mins after car shut down? This is my only gripe... Thanks!
Originally Posted by Tangerine
I also have this question.
Originally Posted by Westcoast
I am at the same firmware version as MrLargo, I too experience where the wireless stays active long after the vehicle is removed, in fact even if the door of the Macan gets opened the Isudar WiFi tries to link up with my phone if I am nearby...

I asked Kimi about this and she promised to get back after checking with her engineers, and told me not to install any firmware that didn't come directly from them (I told her I had a newer version I got from another user), nothing so far... Maybe I have send another email?
Originally Posted by pbuechel
I have two problems with my board.

After powering off the machine and closing the car, Wi-Fi is still on for a long time. Garage and kitchen are close together so my phone ist still connecting.
Originally Posted by SonofaBish
Subscribing....
I was having a battery drain issue and sent pcm 3.1 and the amp off to Becker in NJ... had a bad amp, but while fixing, I had them install the Isudar board, and only 3 days in after the install, I've noticed the same as what appears to be happening to others... the board never shuts off, so it's going to eventually kill the battery. Last night I locked the car up and when I came into my kitchen this morning, I watched my phone open Android auto and hook up to the car.... so, even after about 7 hours, it's still active.
It seems that I have the working solution from Isudar if your board and revision levels exactly match the picture below, if not I recommend that you contact Isudar for the appropriate update as they were very clear that the file you use to update your board is version specific! I received this update a few days ago and so far, early testing during normal use has shown that when you remove the key to exit the vehicle (I have a2016 Macan), the connection between my Android phone (Pixel 7 Pro) and the Isudar board terminates.

To me this file appears to be a patch, it is very small when uncompressed (58 KB), I used a 2GB USB memory stick formatted in FAT32 but SD card in a USB adapter would work as well (see picture below), this gets plugged into the USB extension cable that is part of the supplied wiring harness. Make sure the memory stick/card is blank and only copy the unzipped patch ( acm_upgrade.bin ) to it in the root location.

USB cable from Isudar board, with SD memory card in an adapter, or simply use a USB memory stick.

Here are the instructions I received from Isudar support, note the card size and type, also they specified to format it FAT32.

1. Copy the upgrade file (see the attached picture) to an empty SD card, note: Must be 2.0 SD card and which memory should not be larger than 6GB). The file must be copied correctly, otherwise the upgrade will not be successful.

2. In Settings - Version Information - Click Update (the system will recognize the file content).

3. After clicking Update SOC/Update, the screen will be black, and it will take about 15 minutes to wait. Please be patient and wait for the device to restart.

4. Be careful not to power off during the upgrade process!

Below is a video that Isudar support sent that shows how to navigate to the correct screen for upgrade, in practice the file should enable only the appropriate menu choice in the update screen, in this case "MCU"

https://youtube.com/shorts/uc6dc0dGT-M?feature=share

Here you can see the update screen, the only option to proceed with the upgrade is "MCU", otherwise "Cancel".

This shows the updated version for MCU in the upper left: M:230221V1

Finally, the update file itself... This is ONLY for the version shown on the screen at the top of this post and is used at your own risk!If you want to be 100% sure about using the correct file, get it directly from Isudar!
Attached Files
File Type: rar
acm_upgrade_pcm3.1.rar (30.1 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Westcoast; 04-26-2023 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:38 PM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

That's fantastic! I'll have to do some looking tonight. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to get the PCM back out, which in a Panamera is a real PITA... but hopefully now that I've done it once, it'll be easier
Old 04-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That's fantastic! I'll have to do some looking tonight. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to get the PCM back out, which in a Panamera is a real PITA... but hopefully now that I've done it once, it'll be easier
That's too bad, so you didn't leave the USB cable somewhere handy to get to? In the Macan I routed it over to the passenger side of the console and tucked it up under the edge of the panel. IIRC you can use the USB connection like a Juke Box.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:11 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 71 Posts

I can confirm that this update worked for me, of course I made sure to make sure I had identical version/hardware numbers to Westcoast. Only difference was it only seemed to take a minute for the update to complete, not 15 minutes.

I can report that when I turned the car off and opened the door it (thank goodness) disconnected me from Android Auto. Yay!

But I haven't actually used it beyond that simple test. No idea if there's other new bugs, or if anything else is improved. (for me, the backup camera trigger is very unreliable, with a manual)
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (04-27-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 08:36 AM
SonofaBish
Instructor

That's too bad, so you didn't leave the USB cable somewhere handy to get to? In the Macan I routed it over to the passenger side of the console and tucked it up under the edge of the panel. IIRC you can use the USB connection like a Juke Box.
yeah, I saw no reason I'd ever use it, so I just zip-tied all the wires together and pushed them back in. Live and learn. I'll dig it out this weekend.

Here's my screenshot. Appears to be the same as yours, so hopefully this fix works for me. Off to buy a USB thumb drive!
Old 04-27-2023, 10:06 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

yeah, I saw no reason I'd ever use it, so I just zip-tied all the wires together and pushed them back in. Live and learn. I'll dig it out this weekend.

Here's my screenshot. Appears to be the same as yours, so hopefully this fix works for me. Off to buy a USB thumb drive!
Don't see a screen shot...

Either a USB drive or SD card (2.0 version or better) with a USB adapter, they also say no larger than 6GB, FAT32 format.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:12 AM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Westcoast (04-27-2023)
Old 04-27-2023, 09:00 PM
SonofaBish
Instructor

I stopped at Walmart to get a SD card or USB thumb drive .... there's nothing smaller than 16 GB... why is there a 6 GB max? Not sure where I'm going to find something so small
Old 04-27-2023, 09:10 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I stopped at Walmart to get a SD card or USB thumb drive .... there's nothing smaller than 16 GB... why is there a 6 GB max? Not sure where I'm going to find something so small
Not sure but suspect that the firmware on the board can only address a certain size of memory. (I could ask but it might be a while for a reply), I am a collector of such things and have old ones around, that is what I used. The same is true of a small SD card, I have them as small as 256 MB!

It won't hurt to try a larger device, it won't hurt anything, it will either recognize it and read the file or not.

Old 04-27-2023, 11:06 PM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Not sure but suspect that the firmware on the board can only address a certain size of memory. (I could ask but it might be a while for a reply), I am a collector of such things and have old ones around, that is what I used. The same is true of a small SD card, I have them as small as 256 MB!

It won't hurt to try a larger device, it won't hurt anything, it will either recognize it and read the file or not.
i found a super old 4GB one sitting around... had stuff on it from 2008.... safe to say i don't need it anymore

we'll give it a shot this weekend!
Old 04-28-2023, 08:43 AM
SonofaBish
Instructor

success!
JoeB3 (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 11:26 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

success!
Cool, great news!
Old 04-29-2023, 10:20 PM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Are you all still finding excessive battery drain? I've driven mine daily since install, so it's hard for me to say... however, I sat down in the car today to do some other maintenance, and heard the fan in the PCM running for a min... I hadn't yet turned the ignition on, and car had been locked in my garage for about 3 hours at that point. I see no reason that fan would be on unless the board is staying alive.... ?
Old 04-30-2023, 02:24 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Are you all still finding excessive battery drain? I've driven mine daily since install, so it's hard for me to say... however, I sat down in the car today to do some other maintenance, and heard the fan in the PCM running for a min... I hadn't yet turned the ignition on, and car had been locked in my garage for about 3 hours at that point. I see no reason that fan would be on unless the board is staying alive.... ?
Actually, not only in the Macan, but my 718 as well, as soon as you open the door a number of systems come on, including a boot up of the PCM IIRC. As these are computer based the only way they can be ready just after the engine starts is to get up and running, so I am not surprised the fan was running.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:57 AM
SonofaBish
Instructor

Actually, not only in the Macan, but my 718 as well, as soon as you open the door a number of systems come on, including a boot up of the PCM IIRC. As these are computer based the only way they can be ready just after the engine starts is to get up and running, so I am not surprised the fan was running.
Def familiar with that... that only happens when to open drivers door... I was in passenger side.... so I think this is unrelated to that procedure... 🤔

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1