Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 02:57 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantman
It sounds like when a radio station does not come in clear. It comes and goes randomly with every app, ihart radio, podcast, Spotify, my music, and even during phone calls.

I'll try turning down the treble and see what happens. Thanks for the input.
I see, that’s different. You might want to check all audio connections. Maybe you have a loose wire.
Old 02-04-2023, 12:38 PM
Mike Dodd
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say 99% of the issues with Isudar are related to installation and those ribbon cables being the tricky part. Most people should have a spare set on hand. Static? Cable. CD not ejecting? Cable. Not coming up at all? Cable (80%). Have the below on hand before you start, in fact practice with the below before using the isudar cables as they are IMPOSSIBLE to find with the little "tabs". After its working with the below then do a final connection with isudar cables.

Amazon Amazon
or
Amazon Amazon

I can't remember which type I used, A or B after I bent one tiny "pin" on the Isudar supplied cable. My cd player didnt work.

I think more people should have a pro do this one unless you have magnifying glasses, tweezers, and have worked with the retainers before, you don't want to snap off the retainer which many people here have done.

I have no static on mine, no connection issues (if anything its TOO aggressive in staying connected now with the newest firmware). What does that mean? It means you could be eating dinner a few hundred meters from your car and its still connected and sending audio to your now off speaks.

Last edited by Mike Dodd; 02-04-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:30 PM
ChimChimCO
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed my unit today - no sound coming out so I'm reading thru this thread and came across this: "You just need to move the optical cable from the original plug to the new one since it is not "bridged" like the normal ones" I didn't see this in any of the install instructions. Maybe this is my "no sound" issue? Anyone explain this for me? Thanks!
Old 02-12-2023, 03:38 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ChimChimCO
I just installed my unit today - no sound coming out so I'm reading thru this thread and came across this: "You just need to move the optical cable from the original plug to the new one since it is not "bridged" like the normal ones" I didn't see this in any of the install instructions. Maybe this is my "no sound" issue? Anyone explain this for me? Thanks!
You have Bose system ?
Old 02-12-2023, 09:50 PM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

if you have bose:REMEMBER--BOSE orange fiber optic wires need to be unplugged from the original wiring harness and put into the new harness that goes into the PCM.

The following users liked this post:
ChimChimCO (02-16-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 05:35 PM
ozzythething
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Dodd
I would say 99% of the issues with Isudar are related to installation and those ribbon cables being the tricky part. Most people should have a spare set on hand. Static? Cable. CD not ejecting? Cable. Not coming up at all? Cable (80%). Have the below on hand before you start, in fact practice with the below before using the isudar cables as they are IMPOSSIBLE to find with the little "tabs". After its working with the below then do a final connection with isudar cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
or

I can't remember which type I used, A or B after I bent one tiny "pin" on the Isudar supplied cable. My cd player didnt work.

I think more people should have a pro do this one unless you have magnifying glasses, tweezers, and have worked with the retainers before, you don't want to snap off the retainer which many people here have done.

I have no static on mine, no connection issues (if anything its TOO aggressive in staying connected now with the newest firmware). What does that mean? It means you could be eating dinner a few hundred meters from your car and its still connected and sending audio to your now off speaks.
yeah, my disc drive is dead now too, but I don’t care as I never used it anyway.

Opening it up again just to fix the disc drive is way too much work. I barely managed to fit those damn cables in there.
Shotgun (04-29-2024)
Old 02-14-2023, 02:29 PM
TerryC
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the isduar kit last night everything seems to be working good so far. Only thing I’m trying to figure out is why the music is so much louder then when you make/recover a call or it reads a txt message. I have to raise the volume to hear txt messages or phone calls but then when it switches back the music is way to loud. Also there is a bad echo on the person’s phone I’m talking to I’m thinking that has to do with the mic sensitivity but have had a chance to try it.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:12 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryC
I just installed the isduar kit last night everything seems to be working good so far. Only thing I’m trying to figure out is why the music is so much louder then when you make/recover a call or it reads a txt message. I have to raise the volume to hear txt messages or phone calls but then when it switches back the music is way to loud. Also there is a bad echo on the person’s phone I’m talking to I’m thinking that has to do with the mic sensitivity but have had a chance to try it.
Thats a PCM issue, not Isudar. In PCM, go to phone and the OPT… raise the phone call volume…

Press phone button then options button

Scroll to Telephone settings

Select Call Volume

Adjust volume

See if this helps.

Last edited by Santirx; 02-14-2023 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:24 PM
TerryC
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Santirx
Thats a PCM issue, not Isudar. In PCM, go to phone and the OPT… raise the phone call volume…

Press phone button then options button

Scroll to Telephone settings

Select Call Volume

Adjust volume

See if this helps.
Ah I didn't think of that. I think I had to do that before cause I couldn't hear very well when on a Bluetooth call wonder if it reverted back or if Bluetooth is different. I'm using the carplay wired not through Bluetooth for now
Old 02-16-2023, 07:39 AM
pbuechel
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Santirx
But these settings are only available when a phone is connected to the PCM. When you use CarPlay your phone is connected to the Isudar board.
So this won’t help.
Old 02-16-2023, 08:50 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

No i'm not sure, phone is connected only at the pcm.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:01 AM
TerryC
5th Gear

Originally Posted by pbuechel
@Santirx
But these settings are only available when a phone is connected to the PCM. When you use CarPlay your phone is connected to the Isudar board.
So this won’t help.
yep I realized that when I started messing with it again. But I was able to get the music audio and phone audio sync’d using the Isudar so I’m no longer using the car Bluetooth for phone calls. Just plugging in to CarPlay and everything is going through there
Old 02-16-2023, 10:13 AM
pbuechel
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@TerryC
may you paste a screenshot of you sound settings. I’m not really lucky with mine.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,711 Likes on 2,741 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Dodd

or

Look on your Amazon order, that will provide you information on the type of cable you bought. Examples of multiple cables is confusing.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:23 PM
TerryC
5th Gear

Originally Posted by pbuechel
@TerryC
may you paste a screenshot of you sound settings. I’m not really lucky with mine.

This is what I came up with to get it working
pbuechel (02-28-2023)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1