Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 11:08 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Daluv_
Hi,

it is really hard to follow the FW version. What is the latest FW version available?

thanx

Mart
Whatever @Kimiiii sends you is the latest one…. they don’t have a firmware tracking or distribution system. Very hard to track.
The following users liked this post:
David perkar (12-05-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 06:05 AM
David perkar
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FHAsvadi
Opened up the PCM and discovered a component failure. Considering everything was working fine for several weeks, I can only assume the board had a defective component. Took the board out and PCM is back to normal.
Wrote to Kimi to see about a replacement.

You can see the black marks above the terminal with the yellow wires.
Write to KIMI or ISUDAR team and they will replace it for you.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:20 PM
Duc Hunter
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I installed this in my turbo recently and love it, except for one concern so far. It seems that the CarPlay stays on, even if the car is locked??

When I park my car at home I noticed hours later my phone would still be connected to the CarPlay. This even though the car was in my garage, key inside the car yes, and the car had been turned off for hours. The cars Bluetooth would disconnect from the iPhone after a short while (less than 10 min), which I assume was when the car shut all the electronics down. When I noticed the CarPlay acting up I thought locking the car would fix the issue, as when you lock the car it should shut all the electronics down. Apparently not, as even locked the CarPlay connects. I have also noticed that when sunlight it hitting the screen just right, you can still see the CarPlay on the screen (backlighting is off) even thought he car is turned off. It’s very faint, but it’s there for sure. Even powering off the PCM completely does not seem to change the fact hat CarPlay can connect even with the car locked. Though it does seem to fix the screen being lit issue.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-06-2022, 12:33 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
I installed this in my turbo recently and love it, except for one concern so far. It seems that the CarPlay stays on, even if the car is locked??

When I park my car at home I noticed hours later my phone would still be connected to the CarPlay. This even though the car was in my garage, key inside the car yes, and the car had been turned off for hours. The cars Bluetooth would disconnect from the iPhone after a short while (less than 10 min), which I assume was when the car shut all the electronics down. When I noticed the CarPlay acting up I thought locking the car would fix the issue, as when you lock the car it should shut all the electronics down. Apparently not, as even locked the CarPlay connects. I have also noticed that when sunlight it hitting the screen just right, you can still see the CarPlay on the screen (backlighting is off) even thought he car is turned off. It’s very faint, but it’s there for sure. Even powering off the PCM completely does not seem to change the fact hat CarPlay can connect even with the car locked. Though it does seem to fix the screen being lit issue.

Any thoughts?
This had been discussed in this thread. There is an update that addresses that. You just need to get a hold of Kimi (which can be a daunting task) to get it to you and then hope that your board takes the update.

I was able to get that update before I sold my Isudar board… and wasn’t able to apply it because system would not recognize it. However, others here were able to apply and solve this issue.
The following users liked this post:
mikewire (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 08:59 PM
Duc Hunter
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
This had been discussed in this thread. There is an update that addresses that. You just need to get a hold of Kimi (which can be a daunting task) to get it to you and then hope that your board takes the update.

I was able to get that update before I sold my Isudar board… and wasn’t able to apply it because system would not recognize it. However, others here were able to apply and solve this issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try Kimee. O have read through this thread but there is so much info in here it was hard to go back and find this particular issue. Appreciate it!
Old 12-09-2022, 09:18 PM
FHAsvadi
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will. But want $100 for shipping. On the fence on this one, questioning why the board would fail prematurely. So lucky it did not take the PCM with it.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:55 PM
ymaval
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lucky indeed. I still haven’t figured out what was low. In my car during the update. I wish it was the pcm that damaged as I have a spare. But it has damaged something in my car.

Originally Posted by FHAsvadi
They will. But want $100 for shipping. On the fence on this one, questioning why the board would fail prematurely. So lucky it did not take the PCM with it.
Old 12-12-2022, 06:00 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hi.. I installed Joyeauto for PCM 3.1. I have bose system with fiber optic. I only get audio out from Driver side speakers. 2nd try. Installed a new Joyeauto system.. same results. 3rd try. Installed Isudar system. While it is better than the Joyeauto system, it still only produces sound on driver side speakers.

I see with the Mr12 volt solution that there is a split cable for the fiber optic audio connection. I am wondering if that would solve my audio problem. I get audio on both sides of my car with everything (radio, cd, sat, ets) else, just not the Car Play systems I have tired. Any thoughts? thx...

Last edited by sup44; 12-12-2022 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:32 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by sup44
hi.. I installed Joyeauto for PCM 3.1. I have bose system with fiber optic. I only get audio out from Driver side speakers. 2nd try. Installed a new Joyeauto system.. same results. 3rd try. Installed Isudar system. While it is better than the Joyeauto system, it still only produces sound on driver side speakers.

I see with the Mr12 volt solution that there is a split cable for the fiber optic audio connection. I am wonder if that would solve my audio problem. I get audio on both sides of my car with everything (radio, cd, sat, ets) else, just not the Car Play systems I have tired. Any thoughts? thx...
This may be related to AUX input, if other inputs are OK. It may only be recognizing monoaural signal.

Could you connect your audio source directly to AUX with a 2.5mm stereo jack to see if you have the same problem? If you have the same problem, then it may be the AUX input channel issue.

Both Isudar and Joye use AUX input and what you are experiencing may be a function of that input in PCM being bad.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:49 PM
sup44
Intermediate

This may be related to AUX input, if other inputs are OK. It may only be recognizing monoaural signal.

Could you connect your audio source directly to AUX with a 2.5mm stereo jack to see if you have the same problem? If you have the same problem, then it may be the AUX input channel issue.

Both Isudar and Joye use AUX input and what you are experiencing may be a function of that input in PCM being bad.
prior to installing anything (CarPlay), I never tested the AUX input in the vehicle.. Just got it (2014 Cayenne S) last month. I am not able to use the AUX in the center console at all with the Isudar installed (didnt try it with the Joyeauto). Are you suggesting I uninstall (put back to stock. maybe I can just take off the Isudar harness and plug back in the OEM to by pass the Isudar MB so I dont need to open it up to remove the board) and test the AUX in the center console? If I get audio on both sides when back to stock, then I am ruling out a bad AUX connection and it points to the audio processing of Joyeauto and Isudar?

What input is the PCM set to with the 12volt solution?

Last edited by sup44; 12-12-2022 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 12:58 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Santirx.. You are right. I uninstalled the Isudar system and put it back to stock to check the AUX input. I can barely hear anything coming from the passenger side when using AUX (stock). This sucks. I guess my PCM is defective...... Does the Mr12Volt system also use the AUX ? I see that with that system, you have to press source and select TV. Does TV use the AUX? thanks for your advice!
Old 12-13-2022, 05:55 PM
sup44
Intermediate

so from all the reading, sounds like it does not use AUX so I just bought one .. crossing fingers this solves my problems.. thanks for the oem mic hack posts you made too.. i'll be doing that.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:36 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by sup44
so from all the reading, sounds like it does not use AUX so I just bought one .. crossing fingers this solves my problems.. thanks for the oem mic hack posts you made too.. i'll be doing that.
No, it doesn’t use AUX. It uses digital audio directly through MOST25.

Check here for additional details: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-pcm3-1-a.html
Old 12-14-2022, 04:46 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Hi guys 1 have question : when use optic sound module (for MOST25) in the Porsche for android autoradio, there is all speakers on or only front speakers ?
thank's
Marc

Last edited by Marcus13190; 12-14-2022 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:27 AM
Santirx
Racer

I’m not sure I understand your question, but, MOST25 is an optical fiber ring that transport signal to the amplifier from the source in a digital format. The amplifier split the signal and send it through either 8 or 12 channels (depending on the model you have), process signal through DSP, applying tuning and other processing, and then converts that signal into analog format and sends it to the car speaker connected to the specific channel. All channels active, it should send the signal to all speakers in the car. It doesn’t have anything to do with the source. But, at PCM level, you can control rear and forward fade, left/right fade.

This is more easily seen with an aftermarket system, like the one I have. I have to split the same signal to every of my 12 channels… then the amplifier process that same signal depending on the speaker that is driving. If it is a midrange, I set it up so that it only sends signal from the 250 to 3500Hz range. Then I tune the signal to Harman curve. That is the digital signal processing I’m taking about. Then the amp converts the signal to one that the speaker understand (analog).

You can certainly alter the input by playing with the source parameters.

Hope this answers your question and that it also makes sense.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1