Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 01:56 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
I wonder if future updates will only be for V2 boards
Some of us were talking about that previously…. I’m asking Kimi to see if there is a similar 0105b update, developed for board 2.0, for board 1.2.

Certainly is a possibility and potentially inconvenient if the firmware updates diverge… or worst, they start ignoring 1.2 issues.
The following users liked this post:
AngelDutchy (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 07:45 PM
LarryB
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No sound

I just installed the board with some trouble. I now can see the CarPlay screen but have no sound. I’m sure I’m missing something simple.

I don’t see a way to run a mini plug wire from the aux in the glovebox to the unit. I managed to Bluetooth pair my iPhone.

I have sound through the PCM and can get SiriusXM,An and FM thru the PCM but nothing when I use CarPlay.

I did not remove the optical connector from the big plug because I don’t think I have it. I saw on another video that might only be for a Bose system. I have the CDR+ with the Sound System Plus speakers.

thoughts? TIA

Old 01-10-2022, 07:52 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryB
I just installed the board with some trouble. I now can see the CarPlay screen but have no sound. I’m sure I’m missing something simple.

I don’t see a way to run a mini plug wire from the aux in the glovebox to the unit. I managed to Bluetooth pair my iPhone.

I have sound through the PCM and can get SiriusXM,An and FM thru the PCM but nothing when I use CarPlay.

I did not remove the optical connector from the big plug because I don’t think I have it. I saw on another video that might only be for a Bose system. I have the CDR+ with the Sound System Plus speakers.

thoughts? TIA

did you changed the sound source to „AUX“ when playing Sound through apple CarPlay?
It’s important, otherwise it won’t play sound.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:56 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Originally Posted by Santirx
Some of us were talking about that previously…. I’m asking Kimi to see if there is a similar 0105b update, developed for board 2.0, for board 1.2.

Certainly is a possibility and potentially inconvenient if the firmware updates diverge… or worst, they start ignoring 1.2 issues.
Did the update file, which Kimi sent to you, fixed the wireless CarPlay connection issues?
i have problems with the connection when using wireless CarPlay (stuttering when connected and sometimes it’s even not connecting)

Old 01-10-2022, 08:12 PM
LarryB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Red981GTS
did you changed the sound source to „AUX“ when playing Sound through apple CarPlay?
It’s important, otherwise it won’t play sound.
there is no aux in the source. Maybe I do have move the orange wires from the original big plug to the Isudar plug. I couldn’t figure out which ones to move. Here’s the original plug. I have nothing in the two left slots. Do I have to move some wires?

Here’s the original plug. I have nothing in the two left slots. Do I have to move some wires?
Old 01-10-2022, 08:17 PM
LarryB
Intermediate

I also screwed up the CD player cable attachment at the radio end, but I never use the CD. I hope that didn’t mess up
the Aux
Old 01-10-2022, 08:17 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

there is no aux in the source. Maybe I do have move the orange wires from the original big plug to the Isudar plug. I couldn’t figure out which ones to move. Here’s the original plug. I have nothing in the two left slots. Do I have to move some wires?

Here’s the original plug. I have nothing in the two left slots. Do I have to move some wires?
I needed to activate the „AUX“ source in settings.
I’m not sure where, but I think it was if you press the „MEDIA“ button and then you go into settings. There is an option, that you can activate „AUX“.
I recommend try this out.

EDIT: Watch this Video https://youtu.be/TG6tIFoxRzw

Last edited by Red981GTS; 01-10-2022 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:53 PM
LarryB
Intermediate

Unfortunately AUX doesn’t even show up when I press Media. I get AM, FM, SAT and CD. But thanks for trying!

Last edited by LarryB; 01-10-2022 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:54 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Unfortunately AUX doesn’t even show up when I press Media. But thanks for trying!
have you tried watching this tutorial?

Old 01-10-2022, 09:06 PM
LarryB
Intermediate

https://youtu.be/TG6tIFoxRzw
Yes- I need AUX to show up when I press MEDIA and it doesn’t appear. It showed up
previous to the attempted install. I popped off the lock for the CD ribbon where it attaches to the radio and can’t connect the CD. I wonder if that is blocking the AUX?
Old 01-11-2022, 01:42 AM
lysicon
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have the wireless carplay reconnection issue. V2 board running FW 1124 (it came with this version originally) and iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.

Aside from the first day or so, it never reconnects automatically. I have to unpair and re-pair everytime. Sometimes I can’t even pair again until I reset the unit and try a few times.

In practice, wireless carplay is not usable. I have been unable to get a response from kimi@isudar.com

Until this issue is fixed I don’t recommend anyone who intends to use Wireless Carplay to purchase this module.

Frankly the level of support from Isudar for this module is not acceptable.
This is why many people on this forum still recommend older modules like NM Automative which provide decent support, even though Isudar has the better HW and is cheaper.

if Isudar wants to increase their market share, I think they need to address the following:

- FW updates shouldn’t be distributed haphazardly on this forum or privately over email. They should be clearly posted on isudar.com along with a detailed change list and installation instructions. It should be clear which FW version applies to which version of the HW.

- FW updates need to go through more QA and testing. It seems like every few weeks there is a new FW release which fixes one issue while breaking something else.

- Emails to the official kimi@isudar.com address asking for help should be answered within 2 days at the latest. I have sent emails on different occasions and haven’t received any replies. That seems to be the case for many others on this thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by lysicon:
AngelDutchy (01-11-2022), sac02 (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 02:26 AM
zuffen99
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasmos
After the firmware update all my issues are gone, I don't think I will be updating anything soon because everything works just fine
Fantasmos, Do you have a recommendation for which board to use? Old version or New version? What is important to me is the music sound first, I have a Burnmeister in my 2011 Cayenne with PCM 3.1. I do not mind connecting the iPhone via USB in order to get better sound. Doing the upgrade just to get the PCM to display Waze. Your input will be appreciated.
Regards from southern California
Old 01-11-2022, 06:01 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffen99
Do you have a recommendation for which board to use?
I doubt you would be offered a choice, you would get the V2 board. As yet I am to hear anybody say the sound is any better to the old board but at least with the new board you will get continued support
Old 01-11-2022, 06:19 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

I popped off the lock for the CD ribbon where it attaches to the radio and can’t connect the CD. I wonder if that is blocking the AUX?
If your DVD drive is no longer connected then this is likely your issue. During my install I did not disconnect the ribbon for the DVD at all as I knew it would be a pig to do once the Isudar board was in. I'm afraid you need open the PCM and re-install the board
Old 01-11-2022, 06:30 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

https://youtu.be/TG6tIFoxRzw
I have AUX enabled but have BLUETOOTH AUX disabled. I only have my phone connecting to the ISudar unit not the PCM as well so as not to cause any issues

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1