Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 12:17 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Kimi tells me there is an issue with “ my Aux in PCM”

kimi now tells me this is not an “Isudar issue”,
I need to take my pcm to a “radio shop “ and “ re set my Aux”.. Laughing. Returning and going to MR 12 Volt.

Originally Posted by Santirx
I agree, the difference in quality should not be as you are describing. The difference between MOST25 input and AUX is noticeable to a discerning ear, as AUX is a bad input. But it should not be as bad as you are describing.
The following users liked this post:
16PanaHybrid (11-01-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 07:27 PM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wineguy94920
kimi now tells me this is not an “Isudar issue”,
I need to take my pcm to a “radio shop “ and “ re set my Aux”.. Laughing. Returning and going to MR 12 Volt.
It will be interesting to see if you can negotiate a refund off Isudar, I don't know of anybody in the UK that has managed that so far.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:17 PM
shoosha
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All,

I would also like to add CarPlay to my Panamera 970. Now insular seemed to start off as a great solution, but 75 pages later in this thread, it seems like a lot of people have troubles.

Would it be possible for someone to quickly explain the major issues? I thought it is generally easy to use (except having to use steering wheel audio control for PCM radio while in CarPlay), and the exception of some aftermarket camera issues and some sound issues through aux?

I also didn't understand what was the issue of connecting the phone also via auxBT and play music through this? or was there some special wiring needed for this?

For me the most important aspects are that
  • I don't have to use a separate mic,
  • camera is oem anyways,
  • and I would like to use Apple Maps and Apple Music,
  • as well as Sirius XM while in Apple Maps navigation without sound quality loss compared to oem.

that's the few things I care about. maybe someone could share their experience with insular and others related to these points?

Thanks so much guys!!

And, Sorry for my confusion...
Old 11-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by David perkar
Thanks
David perkar (11-09-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 07:07 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shoosha
Hi All,

I would also like to add CarPlay to my Panamera 970. Now insular seemed to start off as a great solution, but 75 pages later in this thread, it seems like a lot of people have troubles.

Would it be possible for someone to quickly explain the major issues? I thought it is generally easy to use (except having to use steering wheel audio control for PCM radio while in CarPlay), and the exception of some aftermarket camera issues and some sound issues through aux?

I also didn't understand what was the issue of connecting the phone also via auxBT and play music through this? or was there some special wiring needed for this?

For me the most important aspects are that
  • I don't have to use a separate mic,
  • camera is oem anyways,
  • and I would like to use Apple Maps and Apple Music,
  • as well as Sirius XM while in Apple Maps navigation without sound quality loss compared to oem.

that's the few things I care about. maybe someone could share their experience with insular and others related to these points?

Thanks so much guys!!

And, Sorry for my confusion...
The biggest problem is that the Isudar board is not fitted by an expert.... I don't mean to disrespect anybody but non of us are experts on these PCM units and we pull them apart and install new parts. Lots of people including myself have had problems with the install especially getting the ribbons provided seated, they don't seem to be as good as the Porsche ones. I thought mine was ok but under hard acceleration the Isudar unit would crash due to a ribbon not seated correctly. In the US you have the Sirius board already in there so things get a little crowded.
Early units had varies bluetooth problems and updates to remedy these were slow to come from Isudar. Distribution of updates was only done by requesting them off Kimi who wanted proof of purchase.
Two people I know in the UK have had board failures and had to send the boards back to China and wait months for replacement, I've never heard of anybody get a refund yet?
There are more supported options available now from companys like Mr12Volt which benefit from better sound output for BOSE equipped cars but are the dearer option.

Old 11-02-2022, 09:46 AM
rpetersson
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
It will be interesting to see if you can negotiate a refund off Isudar, I don't know of anybody in the UK that has managed that so far.
I also had major issues with installing Isudar, tested a bunch of new FW builds that were sent to me by kimi - to no avail. Returned and was refunded 100%. I'm in Sweden if that matters...
981BGTS (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 03:43 PM
IpsoFactoGTS
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
The biggest problem is that the Isudar board is not fitted by an expert.... I don't mean to disrespect anybody but non of us are experts on these PCM units and we pull them apart and install new parts. Lots of people including myself have had problems with the install especially getting the ribbons provided seated, they don't seem to be as good as the Porsche ones. I thought mine was ok but under hard acceleration the Isudar unit would crash due to a ribbon not seated correctly. In the US you have the Sirius board already in there so things get a little crowded.
Early units had varies bluetooth problems and updates to remedy these were slow to come from Isudar. Distribution of updates was only done by requesting them off Kimi who wanted proof of purchase.
Two people I know in the UK have had board failures and had to send the boards back to China and wait months for replacement, I've never heard of anybody get a refund yet?
There are more supported options available now from companys like Mr12Volt which benefit from better sound output for BOSE equipped cars but are the dearer option.
Hi I'm in the UK and was able to get a refund after receiving a defective board. It was a slow process and sometimes frustrating...

But I got a replacement and it's good, I'm glad I persevered. It's not perfect, and some of the responses on updates could be better but some clever thinking behind it.
981BGTS (11-02-2022)
Old 11-05-2022, 01:52 PM
dio001
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It has no sound

I’ve just finished the operation with isudar panel as saw in this post… unfortunately there is no sound… everything works, connection is O.K, but silence in the car. Could anyone help me?

thank

Csaba
Old 11-05-2022, 01:58 PM
wineguy94920
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Send a PM to Santrix. He is the OG.

Santrix has all the answers. In the meantime.. Re Seat all ribbon cables. Be sure the Blue side of the ribbon is facing in the correct direction..
Originally Posted by dio001
I’ve just finished the operation with isudar panel as saw in this post… unfortunately there is no sound… everything works, connection is O.K, but silence in the car. Could anyone help me?

thank

Csaba
Old 11-05-2022, 02:13 PM
dio001
5th Gear

Thank you. I’m on it.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:41 PM
dio001
5th Gear

I did it all of connections again (including ribbon cables), but nothing’s changed. No sound. AND. NO rear camera. 🤪 any idea?
Old 11-05-2022, 05:29 PM
dio001
5th Gear

I’ve reset it to original… everything works, so it was a piece of junk. 😂
Old 11-09-2022, 03:32 PM
cdmDDS
3rd Gear

Anybody know of any Apple Carplay systems for PCM 3.1 that will allow for apple maps to be displayed on the gauge cluster? I presume not but that would be amazing.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:01 PM
David perkar
AutoX

Default Sound ISUDAR PCM 3.1

I did it all of connections again (including ribbon cables), but nothing’s changed. No sound. AND. NO rear camera. 🤪 any idea?
You may need to select AUX first.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:17 PM
David perkar
AutoX

Default isudar manual for pcm 3.1

The installation instructions attached to the ISUDAR video may be helpful for your problem.
https://xyingly.com/u_file/2211/10/f...sche1-c43c.pdf

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1