Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:43 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,660 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by 21Pan4
My Isudar board never connects anymore wirelessly.

I recently switched to FM radio but now I have no way of getting back into AUX on my head unit so I can plug in a wire and use CarPlay again.

How do I enable AUX mode in PCM? I see AM / FM / DISC no AUX anymore.
Are you saying that you switched the PCM input to FM and you don't know how to select AUX? Or it was there and is now missing? What 'wire' do you use for Car Play, the PCM doesn't support wired Car Play.
Old Today, 01:19 PM
Sam_M
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it normal that after installing isudar, aux in doesn’t work anymore?! I was hoping I could overlay sounds by aux cable while in apple carplay, bc PCM is always in aux mode, but it doesn’t work!
Old Today, 05:09 PM
21Pan4
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Are you saying that you switched the PCM input to FM and you don't know how to select AUX? Or it was there and is now missing? What 'wire' do you use for Car Play, the PCM doesn't support wired Car Play.
The option in PCM to choose AUX no longer exists. It was there before I installed Isudar. I use a USB cable to hardwire to PCM/Isudar now that it's installed I have wired CarPlay.
Originally Posted by Sam_M
Is it normal that after installing isudar, aux in doesn’t work anymore?! I was hoping I could overlay sounds by aux cable while in apple carplay, bc PCM is always in aux mode, but it doesn’t work!
I think that is the case. Normally you pick AUX when you first install Isudar and then AUX *is* Isudar (CarPlay).
The following users liked this post:
Sam_M (Today)
Old Today, 06:09 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@Sam_M and @21Pan4 How you tried the following?

Old Today, 08:17 PM
scottmcdaniel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No, no problems if that is normal. I just wanted to make sure the lights stay on - presumably it’s so if you just pop out for an errand you don’t have to reconnect.

I removed my cd/dvd unit. I never use discs, plus it gives more room for airflow as well as more room for cables.

So far, the only ‘problem’ I have is if I go to, for instance ‘sound’ or ‘info’ on the headunit. I don’t know how to get back to CarPlay without holding down the phone button and invoking Siri and the UI.

Sound is great, hate not being able to swipe, hate the boxes/shading on the CarPlay UI elements, am a tiny bit concerned that my voltage shows 14.1 now (is that ok?) and am a little concerned about data privacy. I’m going to keep an eye on traffic in and out.
Old Today, 08:44 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scottmcdaniel
No, no problems if that is normal. I just wanted to make sure the lights stay on - presumably it’s so if you just pop out for an errand you don’t have to reconnect.

I removed my cd/dvd unit. I never use discs, plus it gives more room for airflow as well as more room for cables.

So far, the only ‘problem’ I have is if I go to, for instance ‘sound’ or ‘info’ on the headunit. I don’t know how to get back to CarPlay without holding down the phone button and invoking Siri and the UI.

Sound is great, hate not being able to swipe, hate the boxes/shading on the CarPlay UI elements, am a tiny bit concerned that my voltage shows 14.1 now (is that ok?) and am a little concerned about data privacy. I’m going to keep an eye on traffic in and out.
Ahh, the view inside would make sense now that you say that you have removed the CD drive altogether! 14.1 volts is fine as well. Data privacy is (I would think) a function of the phone not the Isudar board. The UI elements are also a function of the phone and the resolution of the PCM.

As for getting back to the CP/AA interface, that can be done by pressing and holding the "INFO" button on the PCM for 2 seconds.
The following users liked this post:
scottmcdaniel (Today)
Old Today, 08:59 PM
21Pan4
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was able to get AUX working again by first inserting a CD in the slot and then I was able to go re-enable AUX. I am back in to CarPlay.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1