Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 01:56 PM
SpyderDreams
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has there been an update or fix for WiFi and Bluetooth getting reconnected randomly after the car is turned off in the garage? This is the most annoying bug by far.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:20 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the original board. It has remained on version 0107 for some time now. Looks like they @kimi have abandoned the board, and do not care about connection or any CP improvements. All wifi connection "asks" fell on deaf ears at isudar.
Dont even bother...they will ask for po number and screen shot , and then send you a stale link / file. ask me how i know..........
Time to move on from isudar...... it seems.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:16 PM
cfkid
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I’ve just installed an Isudar board in my 981 Cayman. It took longer than I expected and I had to work out a few user errors. I have a few questions that the manual doesn’t really answer.

First, it seems my microphone isn’t working. I’ve not checked the mic setting yet, but I assume it’s not set to OEM. I’ll report back on that.

Is there a trick to getting the USB connection to work? My car only has one, which is in the glove box. I would think once I plug the phone in, it should work. I have plugged in the cable the came with the unit, thinking that maybe it had to be there. It doesn’t seem to matter. So, does the cable with the USB port actually need to be attached? It is now but just stuffed behind the unit. It doesn’t make sense that it would be needed.

Also, has anyone noticed the touch screen not reacting or being slow to recognize swiping left/right? Mine doesn’t seem to like it much at all.

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Old 07-03-2022, 09:06 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
I have the original board. It has remained on version 0107 for some time now. Looks like they @kimi have abandoned the board, and do not care about connection or any CP improvements. All wifi connection "asks" fell on deaf ears at isudar.
Dont even bother...they will ask for po number and screen shot , and then send you a stale link / file. ask me how i know..........
Time to move on from isudar...... it seems.
These are my experiences with Isudar as well unfortunately
Old 07-03-2022, 09:10 AM
amphicar770
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Glad I held off on purchasing one of these. Hopefully some other manufacturer will eventually get this right and will provide proper support.
The following users liked this post:
JoeB3 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 10:43 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeB3
can’t believe all that technology… yet the mic is the detail which doesn’t work. That may be enough to hold me back in hopes they get that figured out further down the road.

what about the installation? Does it require you cut the white warranty tape strips on the PCM?

I solved the factory microphone issue on Mr12volt…allowing me to remove external microphone. Mr12volt also have no connection issues whatsoever, not connecting or after you turn car off… phone disconnects from CarPlay within 30 seconds.

Mic tapping instructions:

I was able to tap into the factory microphone wires in the quad connector with a 3.5mm cable and successfully use the factory microphone to talk to CarPlay…

I closely examined the Isudar harness and found that they tap into mic 1+ and ground connector of the quad harness.

Tapped into mic 1+ and connected to left channel of cable, mic 1 - and connected to right channel of cable, and mic shield which I connected to cable ground. I decided to use both +/- connections because Isudar has a mono connection, but Mr12volt has a stereo connection.

Below photos of temporary connection while testing…

After successful testing, I made permanent connections. I removed pins from the Mr12volt provided quad harness from the connector that connects to the OEM connector.

Removed pins and soldered the cable wires at the pin crimp location and reintroduced the pin back to connector. For ease of access, I removed the connector from quad adapter…

This photo shows cable wires inserted alongside pins…

After inserting pins, I secured cable with tape, which in turn secure wires in place.

The 3.5mm plug connects to the blue box, replacing the external microphone. Results were as expected. I can use factory mic now to communicate to CarPlay…. Tested it while driving as well, and it works well.

Afterwards, I removed the provided ugly microphone, and now it does look more OEM.

After I’m able to remove the Mr12volt splash screen and the icon, it will be as close to OEM as you can make it. Very happy with outcome today…

Edit
The following 2 users liked this post by Santirx:
JoeB3 (07-03-2022), mikewire (07-06-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 02:01 PM
JoeB3
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
I solved the factory microphone issue on Mr12volt…allowing me to remove external microphone. Mr12volt also have no connection issues whatsoever, not connecting or after you turn car off… phone disconnects from CarPlay within 30 seconds.

Mic tapping instructions:

I was able to tap into the factory microphone wires in the quad connector with a 3.5mm cable and successfully use the factory microphone to talk to CarPlay…

I closely examined the Isudar harness and found that they tap into mic 1+ and ground connector of the quad harness.

Tapped into mic 1+ and connected to left channel of cable, mic 1 - and connected to right channel of cable, and mic shield which I connected to cable ground. I decided to use both +/- connections because Isudar has a mono connection, but Mr12volt has a stereo connection.

Below photos of temporary connection while testing…

After successful testing, I made permanent connections. I removed pins from the Mr12volt provided quad harness from the connector that connects to the OEM connector.

Removed pins and soldered the cable wires at the pin crimp location and reintroduced the pin back to connector. For ease of access, I removed the connector from quad adapter…

This photo shows cable wires inserted alongside pins…

After inserting pins, I secured cable with tape, which in turn secure wires in place.

The 3.5mm plug connects to the blue box, replacing the external microphone. Results were as expected. I can use factory mic now to communicate to CarPlay…. Tested it while driving as well, and it works well.

Afterwards, I removed the provided ugly microphone, and now it does look more OEM.

After I’m able to remove the Mr12volt splash screen and the icon, it will be as close to OEM as you can make it. Very happy with outcome today…

Edit
nice work, and great write up! Now if mr12v would just incorporate that logic natively - that would be perfect.
amphicar770 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 02:33 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by JoeB3
nice work, and great write up! Now if mr12v would just incorporate that logic natively - that would be perfect.
Yup.. they said they would incorporate this in the next generation P3000 model.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:08 AM
cfkid
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cfkid
I’ve just installed an Isudar board in my 981 Cayman. It took longer than I expected and I had to work out a few user errors. I have a few questions that the manual doesn’t really answer.

First, it seems my microphone isn’t working. I’ve not checked the mic setting yet, but I assume it’s not set to OEM. I’ll report back on that.

Is there a trick to getting the USB connection to work? My car only has one, which is in the glove box. I would think once I plug the phone in, it should work. I have plugged in the cable the came with the unit, thinking that maybe it had to be there. It doesn’t seem to matter. So, does the cable with the USB port actually need to be attached? It is now but just stuffed behind the unit. It doesn’t make sense that it would be needed.

Also, has anyone noticed the touch screen not reacting or being slow to recognize swiping left/right? Mine doesn’t seem to like it much at all.

Thanks in advance!
Mark
replying to my own post. Switching the setting to the OEM mic fixed that issue.

Also, I had no Siri volume, but playing with the volume in the board settings resolved that.

USB connection in the glove box does work. You just have to select the Aux/iPod source in the PCM.

My touch screen still doesn’t like to swipe left/right. Not a big deal but a bit annoying.

Finally, is there a button sequence to get into the Isudar settings screen when the phone is connected? I have to go into airplane mode to get to the settings. I can do that, but it’s also annoying.

Mark

Last edited by cfkid; 07-04-2022 at 10:09 AM.
Kimiiii (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 08:25 AM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by cfkid
replying to my own post. Switching the setting to the OEM mic fixed that issue.

Also, I had no Siri volume, but playing with the volume in the board settings resolved that.

USB connection in the glove box does work. You just have to select the Aux/iPod source in the PCM.

My touch screen still doesn’t like to swipe left/right. Not a big deal but a bit annoying.

Finally, is there a button sequence to get into the Isudar settings screen when the phone is connected? I have to go into airplane mode to get to the settings. I can do that, but it’s also annoying.

Mark
To go into Isudar settings, select and/or click on the Porsche Icon in CarPlay. No need to disconnect phone by going to airplane mode.

Last edited by Santirx; 07-06-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:26 AM
3rdMusketeer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope this wasn't a mistake

I have been on the fence between this and the Joyeauto solution for a couple months. I finally pulled the trigger for Isudar solution as it seems the best for ease of install and feature set.
Hopefully I will have it done this weekend and I'll get rid of the damn phone holder.

I will share my experience and firmware info. Hoping for a smooth process. Is any newer buyer extremely disappointed or had bad enough experience where you removed it or don't use it at all?
Old 07-06-2022, 10:58 AM
Willy07
Racer

I have emailed for the NEW file.......lets see what that brings !
Notmac1 (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Daluv_
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimiiii
We got the latest update fill for fixing the issue that the carplay is still connected after the car is turned off. Pls contact to get updated files if necessary.
can you share the bin????
I have that annoying issue that the car try to reconnect my phone monopolizing the bluetooth while I am working in my garage (Android)

Mart
Old 07-06-2022, 06:01 PM
Willy07
Racer

No one has it yet.......I have asked for it.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:32 AM
Alexchrisro
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am also vey curios to see of the latest update solves the connectivity issues on Wifi, the procedure with sending an email and waiting to receive the update is just stupid.
I did it to while ago and did not receive anything.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1