Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 10:05 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts
Default From Joye to Isudar to Mr12Volt…

So, as stated before, I currently have the Isudar board installed in my PCM3.1. I previously had the Joye module.

Now, I’m moving to Mr12Volt system. The reason is that Mr12Volt is the only CarPlay/AA system that has native optical (MOST25) audio output, hence, no need to route audio through AUX. This seems to be the holy grail for PCM3.1 CP/AA retrofit if you are interested in preserving audio quality with no Digital to Analog Conversion.

I pre-ordered back in May and just received yesterday…. I’ll be installing later today…It does require an external box, and I need to see of there is better interface between PCM and steering wheel controls than Isudar. Connection speed is another factor as well as disconnection time. I’m expecting audio to be at par with direct connection to PCM via digital input.

Eventually this will require its own separate thread.

Last edited by Santirx; 06-17-2022 at 10:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Santirx:
BW369 (02-12-2023), sp3000 (06-20-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 08:17 PM
Santirx
Racer

Just installed Mr12Volt, and I have to say that I'm blown away (and remember, I installed Joye, then Isudar). There is no fair comparison I can make. The Mr12Volt guys really went out of their way to develop a good integration with PCM3.1 system. Audio is superb, digital quality. Connection is as fast, or faster than Isudar. No issues when disconnecting, it doesn't hijack your phone's WiFi after you turn off your car (like Isudar does). Your calls won't go into hold when pressing the phone button in the steering wheel. Also, pressing the steering wheel phone button (or in PCM) activates Siri... a nice feature. Video quality is much better (don't have the phasing issue that Isudar shows - a faint line coming down the screen every second)... No need to press the INFO button (which generates a long press button fault in the PCM). You select the CarPlay by toggling the Radio button (selecting TV). Oh, and did I mention how good the audio is? I'll start a different thread with my review...

Last edited by Santirx; 06-17-2022 at 08:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Santirx:
16PanaHybrid (06-17-2022), danby (06-17-2022), JoeB3 (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 09:55 PM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Where did you purchase from? What were delivery times? Any experience with support so far?
Old 06-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Santirx
Racer

Go to Mr12volt.com

This is a new product from them. Although they have many similar products for BMW, Audi, etc… this is the first one for Porsche.

I pre-ordered in May, they released product last week and I received 2 days ago. They are a British company and they have a warehouse in NJ. Delivered to my home 2 days after shipping.

I knew they were in development of this product since last year… and I have been in communication with them since, a few times per month…

They are pretty good with support and communication. This system doesn’t have installation manual, I need to ask about that, but for me, having installed the Joye and Isudar before, it was a straight forward easy install.

I believe I’m one of the first with this system in US.

Last edited by Santirx; 06-17-2022 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 11:06 AM
TheStrategist
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Can anyone recommend the type of business I should look for to get one of these installed for me? I'm not comfortable doing it myself. I live in Minnneapolis.
Old 06-18-2022, 12:16 PM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for this info. I am on the Ebeilean (same as Isudar) but very much struggling with the volume etc. Certainly going to have a look!!!!

Looking at it just a minute ago the only minus point here is that the factory microphone is nog supported? Love to hear your review on that.

Last edited by arnoud-from-nl; 06-18-2022 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 12:31 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by arnoud-from-nl
Thanks for this info. I am on the Ebeilean (same as Isudar) but very much struggling with the volume etc. Certainly going to have a look!!!!

Looking at it just a minute ago the only minus point here is that the factory microphone is nog supported? Love to hear your review on that.
Yes, not supported. But included microphone does a good job. In any case, other aspects that Mr12Volt solves and I talked about makes this a minor detail for me….
Old 06-18-2022, 12:43 PM
arnoud-from-nl
Track Day

Where did you put the microphone? Also in de steering wheel cover area?
Old 06-18-2022, 12:53 PM
Santirx
Racer

Where did you put the microphone? Also in de steering wheel cover area?
Where the center console meets the dashboard…. Somewhat hidden but close enough to pick my voice well. Tested under different conditions, driving, and always picked up my voice well.

Old 06-18-2022, 01:04 PM
JoeB3
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

can’t believe all that technology… yet the mic is the detail which doesn’t work. That may be enough to hold me back in hopes they get that figured out further down the road.

what about the installation? Does it require you cut the white warranty tape strips on the PCM?
Old 06-18-2022, 01:21 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by JoeB3
can’t believe all that technology… yet the mic is the detail which doesn’t work. That may be enough to hold me back in hopes they get that figured out further down the road.

what about the installation? Does it require you cut the white warranty tape strips on the PCM?
Yes… it requires an internal board like all others…

The microphone was never an issue for me, it was the audio. Other solutions use analog input through AUX… this is all digital. That’s all I care about. The included mic does do a good job.

But, we all have different motivations… mine was having CarPlay capability with flawless audio.

Last edited by Santirx; 06-18-2022 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:49 AM
TheStrategist
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised ZZ-2 / ZZplay hasn't been mentioned in any of these Panamera threads. Does anyone have any experience with their Carplay Product for PCM 3.1?
Thanks
Old 06-20-2022, 08:49 PM
Santirx
Racer

Mr12Volt system discussion continues here: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post18207673
Old 06-26-2022, 06:35 PM
ymaval
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Isidar CarPlay not remembering last selection

folks here led me to install isudar in my 2015 macan. It’s the best thing that happened to this car. However, I have the same issue: I have to select iOS every time. Did you ever find a fix for it? Or do we have to live with it?

Originally Posted by marcr92
Successful install here with @Santirx help... very much appreciated. However, I am having a connection issue (it could be my phone, but it is up to date). When I start the car, the initial screen showing iOS, Android, etc pops up. I have to physically touch the iOS button on the PCM to get it to start. Once it begins, it stays connected. Sometimes when driving the connection drops and it goes back to the menu screen at which point I have to click iOS again to get it going. Then the Bluetooth icon shows up gray, then white in the upper right hand corner, then the white Carplay symbols shows up and it reconnects. I do have Wifi enabled on my phone. A few days ago, the connection was repeatedly dropping, so I reset the Isudar unit to 2.4g rather than 5g and that seems to have helped (makes me think it may just be my iPhone), but connection still isn't automatic upon starting the car (requires the iOS press). Any assistance with this, on my Isudar unit advanced settings and/or iPhone would be greatly appreciated. No issues with volume or anything, sound quality is good, new board seems to be of solid quali
I am running the latest board version (v2.0), 1124, Software 2.2.1, and PCM 4.76. Install was very successful and cables are protected. @Kimiiii can you please advise on a potential software update or fix for this? Additionally, are there any new updates coming to enable the diamond button on the steering wheel?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2022, 01:31 AM
pbuechel
Cruisin'

I'm still waiting for a fix from Kimi for this.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1