Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 07:47 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
You keep saying 'AUX' and Isudar in my configuration is using 'AUX-BT' for AA audio.
It's the same thing. AUX BT is just BT playing through the AUX input. As the manual says "when playing sound through Carplay, select AUX channel on the OEM interface." IOW, to get sound via Carplay you have to use the AUX input. The part I don't understand is how you can use the Tuner input if you are setting the PCM to the AUX input in order to hear sound through Carplay.

Did you enable this feature on your PCM?

(10) No SOUND ? Pls activate original AUX on PCM3.1 - YouTube

I can't remember now. It's been months since I removed the Isudar board and installed the aftermarket HU here.

What happens if you select CD instead of Tuner and then try to get sound via Carplay/Isudar? I cannot see how this can be possible. Can you play a CD and still get satnav audio from Carplay? If you can, then there is something going on with the Isudar board that I don't follow. If you can't then how can you get it from the Tuner input? As far as the PCM is concerned an input is an input.

Can you confirm that when you select CD you still get sound from satnav through Carplay, all at the same time? Also, if you connect some sort of audio device to the AUX input jack in your car and then play the FM radio, what happens when you select AUX. What should happen is that you hear the sound from the audio device connected to the AUX jack. It is really strange that this doesn't appear to be working this way.

None of this matters all that much really - the important thing is that you can listen to the PCM FM radio input and get audio from Carplay at the same time. I am just trying to get my head around how this is possible.

Last edited by ZedZed; 12-21-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2023, 09:38 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,707 Likes on 2,739 Posts

OK, now it is my turn to fall on the sword... I had it remembered incorrectly.

You can listen to a CD or other source including FM while having AA/CP running but you will not hear the audio from AA/CP, Google Maps and Waze will run but there will be no audio directions or alerts from them.

If you want audio from AA/CP (Isudar) then you have to select AUX as the source on the PCM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Westcoast:
Chuck245 (12-21-2023), giddyup (12-21-2023), ZedZed (12-22-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 09:56 PM
giddyup
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is how it works in my car also Westcoast. I was hoping there was a way to get audio from a CD and CarPlay at the same time but I don’t believe that’s possible. But it is nice at times to listen to a CD while the Waze maps are on the screen but you will not get Waze alerts
Old 12-22-2023, 06:49 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

OK, now it is my turn to fall on the sword... I had it remembered incorrectly.

You can listen to a CD or other source including FM while having AA/CP running but you will not hear the audio from AA/CP, Google Maps and Waze will run but there will be no audio directions or alerts from them.

If you want audio from AA/CP (Isudar) then you have to select AUX as the source on the PCM.
No worries buddy. At least we got this cleared up now
Old 12-22-2023, 06:54 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by giddyup
That is how it works in my car also Westcoast. I was hoping there was a way to get audio from a CD and CarPlay at the same time but I don’t believe that’s possible. But it is nice at times to listen to a CD while the Waze maps are on the screen but you will not get Waze alerts
Yeah - Isudar is clever in the way it works, but that is a limitation of the equipment it is working with, and there's no way around it. If you want music/radio AND sound from Carplay/AA at the same time, there is always the streaming solution I refer to above.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:19 AM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I disagree...

Yes it is, I do all of the time... ***UPDATE*** but there will be no audio from AA/CP
Ahhh, yes.
I have to admit that I did think this was the case.... Sometimes I don't need directions reading out, just seeing them on screen can be enough.

Thanks for the clarification. 👍
Old 12-22-2023, 08:31 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Metal-Chicken
Ahhh, yes.
I have to admit that I did think this was the case.... Sometimes I don't need directions reading out, just seeing them on screen can be enough.

Thanks for the clarification. 👍
The UK is infested with speed cameras and the audible alerts are very useful - easy to miss them just popping up on the screen. Not that I would ever exceed the speed limit, obviously
Old 12-22-2023, 08:45 AM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ZedZed
The UK is infested with speed cameras and the audible alerts are very useful - easy to miss them just popping up on the screen. Not that I would ever exceed the speed limit, obviously
That's a very good point! On an unrelated topic, I have always used Google Maps for navigation but that only gives speed camera alerts when it's navigating to a location - not when you're just driving with maps on but not 'navigating'. Is this the same with Waze or does it give speed camera alerts all the time?

Meanwhile I've just ordered by Isudar board and now starts the long wait for delivery!
Old 12-22-2023, 08:56 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

That's a very good point! On an unrelated topic, I have always used Google Maps for navigation but that only gives speed camera alerts when it's navigating to a location - not when you're just driving with maps on but not 'navigating'. Is this the same with Waze or does it give speed camera alerts all the time?

Meanwhile I've just ordered by Isudar board and now starts the long wait for delivery!
Waze alerts to speed cameras even without guidance. You only get an audible alert if you are exceeding the posted limit. If you are under the limit, you get a visual alert.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:17 AM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Great info.... Thanks!
I'll give Waze a go.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:44 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Great info.... Thanks!
I'll give Waze a go.
The main reason I use Waze is the alerts. I have tried pretty much all the satnav apps, and all have their different merits. But Waze is the one that, for me, comes closest to being all-round good. The camera alerts are timely and accurate. The mobile camera alerts come up as 'Police nearby', which could mean any sort of police presence, but often means a mobile camera. And the warnings for traffic jams, breakdowns, potholes etc are the best in the business by a long way, IME. I find the map display to be a bit 'cartoony' but it's a small price to pay for the rest of the goodies. I also like TomTom Go, but you have to pay for it. And HereWeGo and Sygic have their merits (but also paid apps). Waze seems to offer the best set of compromises.

Sorry for the Off Topic post. Maybe it isn't too far OT since a big motivator for getting CP/AA in the first place is to get a modern, up-to-date satnav in the car.

BTW, I always enable guidance even if I know the route well. Without guidance you don't get all the various alerts of problems on the route, and of course, you don't get detours around jams etc unless guidance is enabled.

Last edited by ZedZed; 12-22-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:08 AM
Y2kaibo
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM 3.1 isudar board issue

Hi all. Thanks for everyone who posted which has helped me in deciding to get the isudar board. I've all the post here and other threads to get mine installed. I am hoping someone may help me with my issues. Everything works on my install even with the xm board making it tight. My board is a v3 with the 230703v1 gr00 version. My issue is that my aftermarket backup camera would cause the pcm to not display the camera sometimes and basically resets the isudar board. I would have to select the 360 camera option in the backup advance menu before the backup camera would come back on. However sometimes the screen will just turn blank or black but the PCM radio would still be playing but can not be controller. I would have to pull the fuse of the PCM for everything to come back on and I would have to change the 360 camera option on and off for it to work but then after a while the cycle continues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Y2kaibo; 12-27-2023 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-28-2023, 10:33 AM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2kaibo
My issue is that my aftermarket backup camera would cause the pcm to not display the camera sometimes and basically resets the isudar board
This part anyway, sounds similar to the issue I had. See below

Issue: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...l#post18015038
Fix: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...l#post18265634
Diagram: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...l#post18283476
Old 12-29-2023, 12:40 PM
Carlinklife
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PCM3.1 carplay upgrade
Provide the best price of $259 in December.Use discount code "DEC100" to get a discount of $100Provides two-year warranty. link:Wireless CarPlay Android Auto for Porsche 911 Boxster Cayman Macan Cayenne Panamera

https://carlinklife.com/products/wir...deo-module-box
Old 12-29-2023, 12:47 PM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Hi all.
Well my board arrived today and like a big kid I jumped straight on it!

All went reasonably fine with the only two issues I had were:
1) one of the standoffs stripped the thread on the original motherboard - not really an issue as the other two are solid (plus I didn't have a tool to fit them easily so it was quite tricky as there's not a lot of space for one of them)
2) neither of the cables (not the ribbons) fitted particularly well onto the board - they're in but it wasn't a satisfying job getting them in there.

So now it's all in and working the only issue I have is that if I make a phone call I can't hear anything but the person I'm calling can hear me just fine (OEM microphone). Sound from Spotify and Waze, etc. is absolutely fine..... it's just the phone that I'm having a problem with.
Any thoughts?

One other question - do I need to use the supplied USB cable to carry out an update or will the OEM USB port work? Because I haven't fitted the supplied one!

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1