Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 04:35 AM
Andytran
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@Prince.Lu I've been waiting for the update on backup camera problem - it is only working for me when the car just started after parked for a long while. All other times (like backup to parking space..) did not work, not even waiting after 60 sec. It's much worse than what's on @danby video https://photos.app.goo.gl/qxcLTiMtLQU7HvxT9

​​​​​

​​​​​

Last edited by Andytran; 04-18-2022 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:30 AM
denabs
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some quirks with new V2.0 unit

Hi. Installed this over the weekend and after taking it about 4 times apart (cable connection issues) I managed to make it work.
I have some small niggles : when connecting to the Isudar system starting the Cayenne I seem to get the option screen (IOS, Android ) it never seems to go to the directly to wireless CarPlay. I did the whole reset of pcm and unit but no improvement. I also saw the wifi didn’t connect on my phone. I’ve written to Kimi but if anyone has an idea about how to solve it would be appreciated. Thx

Old 04-22-2022, 05:15 PM
steph280
Instructor

Any update to fix the phone still connect to Carplay long after shutting off? I literally have to turn off my bluetooth to prevent my phone from connecting to Carplay wifi when I am in the house.
Old 04-22-2022, 06:34 PM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Not as far as I can tell. They have gotten much less responsive about these lingering issues (shut off, backup camera reset) lately. It's unfortunate because it's so close to being a great solution.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:19 AM
marcus_v
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltimoreHokie
I do, Bose....i guess I need to look closer, but I def have nice sound when the board is not in / all hooked up. So it must be there just not orange.
If you have BOSE installed, the cables are green not orange :-)
Old 04-24-2022, 01:36 PM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by marcus_v
If you have BOSE installed, the cables are green not orange :-)
I have Bose installed, but the optical cables are orange!
Old 04-25-2022, 04:32 AM
marcus_v
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BW369
I have Bose installed, but the optical cables are orange!
Interesting, mine are green and those with BOSE where I installed JoyeAuto and ISUDAR also. It’s a 991.1, perhaps this is the reason. So it’s just a hint if you don’t see orange cables there might be green ones ;-)
Old 04-25-2022, 02:41 PM
bullyx2
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Missing Sources After Isudar Install

Hi all. I ordered my Isudar unit back in late February and just found the time to install it yesterday in my ’14 Boxster S W/Bose. (I know, not a Panamera but this thread seems to be the best one going) I had read everything I could get my hands on and watched all of videos as well so there were no real surprises. It took about 2 hours and the only really unexpected parts were difficulty separating the DVD unit (it was VERY tight) and getting the PCM reinstalled with the giant wiring harness. It’s only been a day but everything from an Isudar standpoint seems to be working as expected.

I do have an issue with the PCM now though that I hope someone can help with. I’ve seen a few other mentions of this but didn’t see that anyone replied with a fix that definitely worked for them. After installing the Isudar unit, I seem to have lost the ability to select and/or use some other media sources:

USB and Jukebox options are no longer available. If I plug a phone into the OEM USB port to test it, it charges but the PCM doesn’t see it. Same thing when I plug in a USB stick (Properly formatted with music) with an activity light. I see the activity light on the drive but nothing on the PCM.
Jukebox option is completely missing although I have music loaded into it.
DISC is available to select and takes me to the right screen, but it doesn’t do anything once there. It won’t play or eject the CD that’s in the drive and it doesn’t seem or sound like it’s physically trying to do anything.

All other sources, AM, FM, SAT (not used), and AUX are available and functioning normally.

Sadly, I caught this all after confirming all of the Isudar stuff looked good and buttoning everything up. I tried the PCM reset earlier (hold INFO down for 10 sec) since someone earlier indicated it might have worked for them but it did nothing for me. I also removed the fuse for the PCM for 60 minutes or so. That also didn’t bring back the missing options. I was VERY careful with the ribbon cables so I’m fairly confident it’s nothing with those but guessing I might need to open it back up and recheck the one connecting the DVD mechanism. That’s where I’m at right now. I’m hoping this is something that can be resolved without disassembling everything again. Any thoughts or recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Also, below are my Isudar version info if that helps with anything (PCM is 4.76):
PCM3.1-GD220106-01
CX301: BSJ 220106-0106
Software Version:2.2.1
Hardware:S7.B
Old 04-25-2022, 05:27 PM
P911T
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything has been working quite well during the first month, below are a couple of minor bugs;

1. Siri's voice volume is very low. All other volume is fine.
2. Apple Maps sometimes freezes. Unlocking the iPhone will make it work again, usually after I've missed a turn/exit.

Any fixes for these?
Old 04-25-2022, 08:31 PM
steph280
Instructor

If you guys have try phone mirroring, you will discover another bug where streaming video has serious lag behind audio.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:57 PM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

All I had what I'd call a successful Isudar install. So far everything is working as designed other than my backup camera. I tried the setting OEM and aftermarket but both came up black.

Is there a software update that fixes this? I need to play with it more. Hopefully it starts working. I'll do a hard reset next time I'm in the car.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:50 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried changing the AHD FPS (same settings screen)?

PS: A few of us are having issues with aftermarket camera that after driving the car for 5 minutes, when we use R, the unit restarts....
Old 04-26-2022, 10:04 PM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Originally Posted by RR911
Have you tried changing the AHD FPS (same settings screen)?

PS: A few of us are having issues with aftermarket camera that after driving the car for 5 minutes, when we use R, the unit restarts....
No....I'll try that. I did just update my software to the Jan 2022 version.
​​​​​​I haven't had really any seat time playing with it but it does seem as if it takes a moment to connect to AA. Hopefully the update helps with that.

I'll try the FPS setting tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:16 AM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kimiiii
Hi, More detailed instructions can be found here.https://www.xyingly.com/blog/install...rsche-pcm-31-1
Thanks for the info. It's actually the OEM camera that is not responding. I've changed the setting to ensure the OEM one is set correctly. When put in reverse the Isudar screen shows the OEM screen but no camera.

Any fix for this. Someone on the site you provided also mentioned they are having the same issues with the OEM camera.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:27 PM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Update, my OEM backup camera is working must have been a weird combination of it having the e brake on. Maybe not having the car running during some of the testing. Either way so far it seems like all features are working as they should.

Hopefully everything continues to work. To recap overall it wasn't a bad install, I ended up installing it, removing it and redoing it about a month later. The first time I was having issues and basically rage removed it because I had no audio (my 991.1 optical cables are like green not orange). During the first install I also found a lose wire in one of their harnesses and had to repin a wire. Luckily I was pretty attentive. The second time around I pretty much did it in 45 minutes. Updating the software to the latest wasn't tough but finding it meant I had to look through all these posts. Overall It's a seamless integration and you couldn't tell unless you knew what buttons to push. The initial BT connection seemed to take a while. So far its connected every time since.

For anyone considering Isudar. It's def the most easily integrated board and the cheapest but it seems that some people have bugs here and there. If your not willing to research and spend time trying to figure things out then going with another may be better if they have better support. It's nice that there is a way to update the board I just wish their was a more central web site to easily download updates. It does seem like Isudar is getting better though.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1