Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 07:40 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimiiii
We got the latest update fill for fixing the issue that the carplay is still connected after the car is turned off. Pls contact to get updated files if necessary.
Is this update just for V2 boards or is V1 still being supported?
Old 07-07-2022, 09:47 AM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the original board. This morning I received the update file from @Kimi as promised. I loaded the gd_upgrade.bin file and proceeded to do the MCU update. The update took just a few seconds, unit rebooted.
On early testing this is fixed !!!!! On Lock, or Unlock, if IGN is off and door is open it kills the wifi connection in a minute or so. This may improve general connectivity in a big way, on a busy day in and out of car as it establishes new wifi connection now each time you leave car.
More testing to come,
thanks @kimi
The following 4 users liked this post by Willy07:
981BGTS (07-07-2022), Alexchrisro (07-07-2022), konkab (07-07-2022), Notmac1 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 09:50 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Wow, good news. I've emailed Kimi so waiting for a reply
Old 07-07-2022, 10:16 AM
Notmac1
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alexchrismo, There is a update Teddis has received and is testing. I sent an email to Kimi and Prince Lu requesting it. If you do so make sure you send the receipt of the purchase along with a screen shot of your current system in the car. This has been my only real complaint as the car continues to grab my phone even the next day without just by opening the door.
Jeff
Old 07-07-2022, 02:50 PM
Alexchrisro
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the original V1 Board from aliexpress, i wil try to contact Kimii again or maybe Willy07 could upload the files here so we can test em.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Willy07
Racer

Kimi's reply said they had to "debug" from the info screen shot I sent for the update file. update file may be revision specific, dunno.
I am not sending out a file that may Brick others.
Have to go the official route it seems. Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by Willy07:
Alexchrisro (07-07-2022), Kimiiii (07-08-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 03:40 PM
Alexchrisro
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've sent an email to Kimi and waiting for response. If this update solves the connectivity issue and it disconnects wifi and reconnects when getting back in the car then all is perfect.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:07 PM
ymaval
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I also can't wait to get the files. I love carplay in my car now, but the bug is killing the joy. And, once it happpens, I turn off my WiFi and that means I often need to pair the phone again, the next time I hop in the car. I wish someone could upload the file somewhere so that we wouldn't need to bother other users for getting the file.... I have the board with updated OPAMPs, so I assume it is V2.

Last edited by ymaval; 07-07-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:47 PM
3rdMusketeer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It arrived.... It's installed... It's amazing

I have to say that if it wasn't for this thread I probably wouldn't have been convinced. I was on the fence between the Joyeauto option and this. I saw the Isudar in an ad but found it too good to be true. After hemming and hawing about the decision for a couple months I stumbled upon this thread and took the chance.

I received the unit today and thought I would wait until Saturday but it was such a nice day outside and I had a couple hours to burn I went for it. Basically after reading many steps and tips here I knew how to do the install in about an hour and half. Had more trouble with the car panels and space behind the radio then the radio assembly.

I didn't connect any of the camera harness portion since I don't have one. I do have XM and the Bose radio with the optical connectors and that made it a snug assembly but with the double height standoffs and temporarily unscrewing the yellow connector for the XM antenna and routing the power through it I was up and running.

Is there a software option to disable the screen from trying to find a camera when putting the vehicle in reverse?

Used Android Auto wirelessly without a problem. I did need to reset the PCM to get my AUX option back because I forgot to enable it before adding the board. If you don't enable it before adding the new board the option won't be selectable with the "media" button unless you reset PCM.

All in all, I'm excited to take a longer drive and tinker with the audio EQ, but the sound isn't nearly as awful as some made me expect. Not sure if it's because of the audio package or the luck of draw with the board.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, very helpful and complete information provided.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:06 AM
ymaval
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Again, I hope this is new info: the old trick I use for fitting bulky wires and harnesses behind a headunit is to pick the larger harnesses, put a zip tie around them and tighten. Then I pass the other end to the side so that by pulling on the zip tie, the harness is pulled to the side and is not behind the radio anymore. Then I push the radio back and either cut the ziptie or leave it back there. This works well with isudar and macan’s headunit.
I took a photo of the trick in the macan but it’s not very clear. The photo shows the end of the ziptie as I have passed it through the back such that the end is in the area around the right vent. If I pull it, it pulls the harness to the back and to the right. There is empty space to the right of the radio back there. The harness goes into that space and the headunit goes all the way in very easily.
hope it helps someone. I owe the members of this forum so much. You folks rock. We

The following 3 users liked this post by ymaval:
clipper (08-09-2023), irnnr (08-03-2023), Kimiiii (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 12:35 AM
Willy07
Racer

Great tip !!!
Old 07-08-2022, 10:35 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

I played with CarPlay Simulator with dashboard display recently. Would be nice to see this integration as well from any manufacturer. This should be simple another LVDS output from the board to the LCD. Some photoshopped pictures:

Last edited by konkab; 07-08-2022 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:10 PM
bullyx2
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ymaval
Again, I hope this is new info: the old trick I use for fitting bulky wires and harnesses behind a headunit is to pick the larger harnesses, put a zip tie around them and tighten. Then I pass the other end to the side so that by pulling on the zip tie, the harness is pulled to the side and is not behind the radio anymore. Then I push the radio back and either cut the ziptie or leave it back there. This works well with isudar and macan’s headunit.
I took a photo of the trick in the macan but it’s not very clear. The photo shows the end of the ziptie as I have passed it through the back such that the end is in the area around the right vent. If I pull it, it pulls the harness to the back and to the right. There is empty space to the right of the radio back there. The harness goes into that space and the headunit goes all the way in very easily.
hope it helps someone. I owe the members of this forum so much. You folks rock. We
What a great idea. I have been installing car audio as a hobby for just over 30 years and this is an area I've always fought with, including with the Isudar install on my Boxster. Honestly I am embarrassed/angry that I never knew or thought about this trick. Big thanks for the tip!
Old 07-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Michael911K
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kimi - support 👍🏻

Did the Firmware upgrade and system froze while updating! Thought its gone , but Kimi responded quickly as always and gave instructions and it worked!
must say that i am quiet impressed with they quick responses and help sofar! Much better than many german companies!

Kimi said:
Hello, it may be that the operation is wrong during the upgrade process, which leads to the upgrade failure.

You can try the forced upgrade again.

1. Check whether the upgrade file is copied correctly.

2. Copy the upgrade file to an empty USB.

3. Connect the USB to the device.

4. Please keep pressing the return button.
Please try the above forced upgrade scheme.
The following users liked this post:
Kimiiii (07-12-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 01:39 PM
981BGTS
Advanced

I received the file from @Kimiiii today. Update took 15 seconds and now my unit disconnects perfectly from my phone when exiting the car. When done Isudar team
The following 3 users liked this post by 981BGTS:
Kimiiii (07-12-2022), m3g4k0t (09-04-2022), Notmac1 (07-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1