Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 11:10 PM
Hellbent 706
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Installed Apple Carplay in my 2010 Panamera Turbo and noticed the box never turns off even when the car is off and it gets hot. I even installed the USB in the dash. I loves the added video function which makes the whole thing worth it to me. I know some people think

the box is unnecessary but without the box you have no HDMI port for device's such as FireStik or Roku. This is contingent on if you purchased a interface that has a HDMI port that actually works. My HDMI port doesn't work and after contacting customers service they gave me the run-around until I threatened to request a refund. Then she finally told me the HDMI has no functionality its not operational. What the!! Does anyone have a Carplay with a HDMI port that actually works and has successfully plugged in a FireStik or Roku Stick that works?
Old 07-31-2022, 04:11 PM
TimoW
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally installed my Isudar today, I got tired of trying to find help installing a backup camera and just ditched that for now and installed only the board.
I've had the board in a box for close to a year just sitting there

Installation was easy and straight forward with the exception of cable management behind the head unit which took a few tries to get right.

Everything seems to be working properly as it should, so I am not sure if there is a need to update anything. Also did not find any update/upgrade files anywhere to check if I have the most recent version or not.

What seems a bit strange is the volume control; I can't get it loud enough inside carplay, but if I go back to the regular PCM and re-adjust volume there, it goes up high enough. Seems like I have to do this every time though. Needs some further investigation as I've only used the system for one evening.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:25 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by TimoW
Finally installed my Isudar today, I got tired of trying to find help installing a backup camera and just ditched that for now and installed only the board.
I've had the board in a box for close to a year just sitting there

Installation was easy and straight forward with the exception of cable management behind the head unit which took a few tries to get right.

Everything seems to be working properly as it should, so I am not sure if there is a need to update anything. Also did not find any update/upgrade files anywhere to check if I have the most recent version or not.

What seems a bit strange is the volume control; I can't get it loud enough inside carplay, but if I go back to the regular PCM and re-adjust volume there, it goes up high enough. Seems like I have to do this every time though. Needs some further investigation as I've only used the system for one evening.
Most all issues with Isudar had been solved, including the volume issue. You need to update MCU for the volume issue. After a year, I would certainly recommend a couple of updates.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:37 AM
TimoW
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Santirx
Most all issues with Isudar had been solved, including the volume issue. You need to update MCU for the volume issue. After a year, I would certainly recommend a couple of updates.
Do you have a link to an update? The official Isudar store links to a page/blog where the updates page is empty.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:41 AM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Do you have a link to an update? The official Isudar store links to a page/blog where the updates page is empty.
You'll want to contact them via the channels through which you purchased the unit to make sure you get the correct update file based on your current hardware/firmware. Where did you buy it from? It seems generally it's either prince or kimi that you need to get in contact with but if it's been too long since purchase I'm sure someone here can provide you with their email.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

@danby is correct. Isudar has the most strange update request process for any system I have seen. You’ll have to request it either to Kimi (if you bought directly at Isudar) or Prince (if you bought from Amazon) and provide a photo of your settings screen where your FW version is shown, with a copy of your order.

If Kimi, her email address is: kimi@isudar.com

I don’t know prince’s email, since I deal directly with Kimi.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:25 AM
danby
Instructor

Prince: support0888@163.com
Old 08-03-2022, 01:41 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danby
FYI- I ended up giving up and just wiring my backup camera to be powered by the reversing light instead. So far no resets. I'm thinking the iSudar can't handle the inrush current when powering on my camera. It seems to be marginal since it works when it's cold, and generally components will have lower current capability when they get hotter. I'll post here if the issue returns, but might be worth a shot for you as well.
Did the restart happen again? Can you share the diagram? What's the reverse light power cable and did you totally disconnect the power from Isudar unit?
Old 08-03-2022, 01:56 PM
SpyderDreams
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Kimiiii
We got the latest update fill for fixing the issue that the carplay is still connected after the car is turned off. Pls contact to get updated files if necessary.
Hey Kimi, I sent you a message a few weeks ago with my board version and a photo. Can you please send me this update file? Is their email that's better than private message here?
Old 08-03-2022, 02:55 PM
TimoW
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Santirx
@danby is correct. Isudar has the most strange update request process for any system I have seen. You’ll have to request it either to Kimi (if you bought directly at Isudar) or Prince (if you bought from Amazon) and provide a photo of your settings screen where your FW version is shown, with a copy of your order.

If Kimi, her email address is: kimi@isudar.com

I don’t know prince’s email, since I deal directly with Kimi.
thanks! I bought directly from Isudar via their official Aliexpress store.
I will send Kimi an email. There's definetly a need for an update, the phone does seem to not connect to the device every now and then...
Old 08-03-2022, 02:59 PM
danby
Instructor

Originally Posted by RR911
Did the restart happen again? Can you share the diagram? What's the reverse light power cable and did you totally disconnect the power from Isudar unit?
So far so good- no resets since the change. See attached for a crude diagram, but yes I remove power from the iSudar entirely.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:06 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danby
So far so good- no resets since the change. See attached for a crude diagram, but yes I remove power from the iSudar entirely.

Thanks. Will give it a try once I get my unit back.
The following users liked this post:
Michael911K (08-27-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 09:59 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderDreams
Hey Kimi, I sent you a message a few weeks ago with my board version and a photo. Can you please send me this update file? Is their email that's better than private message here?
Send a picture of your PCM screen with the present version number to- kimi@isudar.com
You should hear back in 24-48 hours
Old 08-10-2022, 03:52 PM
Peeblesmx445
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 33 Posts

Lots of info in this thread but unable to pick through it and find an answer. I just installed this and everything is working great except my reverse camera. I’ve tried every combination of settings in the CarPlay options and all I can get is a blank screen with some parking grid lines and sensors but the actual video feed is not coming through. However I can manually activate it via the PCM park assist screen. Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Peeblesmx445
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok reverse camera is working now, out of nowhere but I am now having an issue with the screen mirroring while wired to the glove box usb. Doesn’t seem to be recognizing that it’s plugged in.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1