Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 01:38 AM
310somebody
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bsalih
iOS has DRM protection integrated, so you will not be able mirror streaming contents that have DRM protection.
Thanks Bsalih, I currently have an android and I meant to say Android and not Carplay, sorry about that. But i still cannot view video content thru mirroring. I can see everything else but the actual video. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 03-04-2022, 03:23 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bsalih
iOS has DRM protection integrated, so you will not be able mirror streaming contents that have DRM protection.
Not sure about DRM but I am able to mirror videos from Netflix which I'd think would be copyrighted? It would be the same as Airplay to a smartTV.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:00 PM
Bsalih
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some MMB box devices that run Android OS and most of them have streaming apps like Netflix preinstalled and you can run your Netflix from there. I am not very sure but I think there could be netflix apks that you can download manually to your phone and these modified apks might have DRM removed. I do not recommend this option since you may not know what they modified in these apks, they might steal your information in the worst case scenario, but it might be a clean mod as well. But with Android devices, it is definitely possible to have Netflix or other streaming apps work in your car display.

For iOS, i think they added DRM protection in CarPlay since iOS12(or maybe even older version) and people who are using older iOS versions might be able to watch Netflix.

Originally Posted by 310somebody
Thanks Bsalih, I currently have an android and I meant to say Android and not Carplay, sorry about that. But i still cannot view video content thru mirroring. I can see everything else but the actual video. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 03-04-2022, 06:02 PM
Bsalih
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, I'd think mirroring should not allow because I remember getting black screens and just audio when I want to mirror. Maybe you are using older iOS versions? Still, if you can mirror Netflix, that's cool.

Originally Posted by steph280
Not sure about DRM but I am able to mirror videos from Netflix which I'd think would be copyrighted? It would be the same as Airplay to a smartTV.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:23 AM
Prince.Lu
6th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Dear friend:
If you have problems when using Isudar PCM 3.1 Carplay, please send me the version information of MCU with a picture, and we will send upgrade files to you. There are fixed upgrade files for different problems and different version information.
The unaudited upgrade is risky, and the upgrade files should be subject to those sent by Kim and me.
Support0888@163.com
Old 03-05-2022, 02:43 PM
aenemated
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys. So I'm at a total loss of ideas. For the life of me, I can't get past the black screen. I got it working one time when the head unit wasn't entirely assembled - unplugged everything, put it back together and ... back to black screen. I've checked the connections about two dozen times at this point and everything LOOKS and feels secure but this is clearly not the case. Or a cable is damaged.

I can get audio - and like I said, video did work at one point - so it's almost certainly a connection issue but seriously - I can't figure it out. Maybe try new cables? Or is there some magick to get the cursed things properly secured I'm clearly incapable of? (And for the record, I actually do electronics building so this isn't something entirely foreign to me)

I've compared my woork to all the photos in various threads and pretty sure none of the cables are backwards or anything. Obviously going to keep checking but nearly to the point of just going back to factory. Or getting an aftermarket head unit which, while not the prettiest, at least isn't stuck in 2013 like my Cayenne.

Sigh.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Have you checked all the fingers on the ribbons? …….we had one guy where it was bad, gold contact was damaged.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:46 PM
aenemated
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
Have you checked all the fingers on the ribbons? …….we had one guy where it was bad, gold contact was damaged.
Well damn. That was it. Close inspection showed like the 3rd pin from the left on the 50pin, the gold wasn't there. Totally possible it was my fault.

Regardless, ordered some replacements from Amazon thanks to a post in (some) thread. Guess we'll give it another go next weekend.
The following users liked this post:
sac02 (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 02:27 AM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Has anyone had issues when putting the car in reverse? It seems like my iSudar get's reset when I put the car in reverse maybe 40% of the time (usually after a longer drive). I have to wait ~10 seconds for it to come back online to display the backup camera.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:09 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danby
Has anyone had issues when putting the car in reverse? It seems like my iSudar get's reset when I put the car in reverse maybe 40% of the time (usually after a longer drive). I have to wait ~10 seconds for it to come back online to display the backup camera.
+1 on this.. it's sporadic though and when I sent an email about it, was given the same update file/version which didn't fix it.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:23 PM
danby
Instructor

Originally Posted by RR911
+1 on this.. it's sporadic though and when I sent an email about it, was given the same update file/version which didn't fix it.
Are you using an aftermarket camera as well?
Old 03-07-2022, 01:30 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danby
Are you using an aftermarket camera as well?
Yes, aftermarket camera with factory PDC.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:34 PM
danby
Instructor

Hmm, I wonder if it's PDC related. When I emailed support they asked me to get a video of it happening and send them that. I'm going to try to capture it on the next few drives and I'll let you know if I make any progress.
The following users liked this post:
RR911 (03-07-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 06:21 AM
Chris_B25
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aenemated
Well damn. That was it. Close inspection showed like the 3rd pin from the left on the 50pin, the gold wasn't there. Totally possible it was my fault.

Regardless, ordered some replacements from Amazon thanks to a post in (some) thread. Guess we'll give it another go next weekend.
Hoping that solves it. Be sure to keep all updated.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:45 PM
LogicoZone
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCU Update

MCU Update. I did receive the same google drive share that containing the folder of MCU update which is to fix the steering wheel back button issue. However, it only has one file and the it's not recognized. In the thread, someone said they got another file to couple with the mcu update file in order for the board to recognize it. Can someone help on this? Mine is v1.2 board.

thanks.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1