Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 06:27 PM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Peeblesmx445
Ok reverse camera is working now, out of nowhere but I am now having an issue with the screen mirroring while wired to the glove box usb. Doesn’t seem to be recognizing that it’s plugged in.
Is this the original PCM Aux USB in the glove box or the USB for the Isudar board ?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:06 PM
leedo3
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Was there a solution for this? Similar symptoms:
have to select iOS button on screen to start CarPlay.
Sometimes get message to reconnect to the board via iPhone.
Checking settings on board, I see that my iPhone already shows as a connected device.
PCM screen shows "searching for device"
Have to go to iPhone and pair to board in BT.

Works fine after doing all that, but annoying to have to do the procedure frequently.
Also, swipe left or right doesn't seem to work.

Thanks everyone for all the great information and advice on this thread!
Old 08-18-2022, 04:12 PM
Peeblesmx445
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
Is this the original PCM Aux USB in the glove box or the USB for the Isudar board ?
i’m using the original USB plug in the glove box, the PCM is registering that it’s plugged in but the ISudar will not allow me to screen play. Does it need to be plugged in to the ISudar USB? I thought that was for an aftermarket reverse camera only.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:14 PM
agtom
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have purchased one of these from AliExpress recently and noticed mine has an empty micro sd on the circuit board. Anyone have any idea what it it for?
The following users liked this post:
ElSpoon958 (08-23-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 12:13 PM
bullyx2
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Peeblesmx445
i’m using the original USB plug in the glove box, the PCM is registering that it’s plugged in but the ISudar will not allow me to screen play. Does it need to be plugged in to the ISudar USB? I thought that was for an aftermarket reverse camera only.
As I understand it, yes, the phone has to be connected to the Isudar USB, and not the OEM one, for screen mirroring to work. That's how it works in my vehicle and if I my basic understanding of the Isudar is actually installed is correct, that would seem to make sense as the Isudar unit would not be aware of anything connected to the OEM USB. Aftermarket reverse cameras use the yellow female RCA connection, not USB.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:31 AM
bds
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

RESOLVED - user error, whoops!

Hey all - chiming in with my Isudar experience and asking for advice. I purchased the Isudar kit in May and just got around to attempting an install on my 2013 991.1.

After installing, the PCM screen remained blank and the front buttons were not responsive. I retried the install numerous times, swapping the cable positions and ensuring 1000% they were seated correctly. Always the same - black screen and no response from front controls (seemingly no connection). The PCM itself was working as the stereo would play and was controllable via the multifunction steering wheel.

I undid the installation and reset the PCM to its standard configuration, but using the Isudar-supplied cables (to check if it was a bum cable). PCM screen and buttons functioned as normal, confirming that it wasn't a bad cable, nor was it a busted screen or controls. This makes me think that something is wrong with the Ver 1.2 board I received.

I've emailed Kimi, but has anyone experienced or solved a similar problem? Thanks!

EDIT: I spent so long focusing on the interior connections, that I never realized the power which splices from the main cable bundle was not seated correctly.
Crisis averted, feeling like a bit of a dummy, but very happy it's working now. Came with firmware 927, will see if anything needs an upgrade after playing around a bit more.

Last edited by bds; 08-30-2022 at 05:38 PM. Reason: resolved
Old 08-30-2022, 11:55 AM
JoeB3
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I’m sorry for your struggles and what would be frustrations to me - but man am i disappointed this is so far from being ready for prime time. Seems way to premature for product availability. Lots of gremlins. If I was able to buy a current PCM and drop it in place of my PCM 3.1 I’d be all over it. In the meantime I’ll continue to wait to see if they ever get this thing figured out the way it should be.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:55 PM
Michael911K
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I was able to buy a current PCM and drop it in place of my PCM 3.1 I’d be all over it. In the meantime I’ll continue to wait to see if they ever get this thing figured out the way it should be.[/QUOTE]

How did you get a current Pcm to work?! Any coding necessary?
Old 09-03-2022, 07:27 PM
JoeB3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michael911K
If I was able to buy a current PCM and drop it in place of my PCM 3.1 I’d be all over it. In the meantime I’ll continue to wait to see if they ever get this thing figured out the way it should be.
How did you get a current Pcm to work?! Any coding necessary?[/QUOTE]

totally agree!!!!!! And I’d want it to be less than a science experiment than this Isudar solution is proving to be!
Old 09-03-2022, 07:46 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeB3
How did you get a current Pcm to work?! Any coding necessary?

totally agree!!!!!! And I’d want it to be less than a science experiment than this Isudar solution is proving to be!
It has been tried, and I believe successfully done…. Unfortunately, it is a science experiment and require skills and undertaking that is beyond us, earthlings…😊

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1142...ispreloading=1

Last edited by Santirx; 09-03-2022 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:28 AM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just installed the Isudar board today. Worked fine for a hour then went black screen while I was driving. I checked all cables and installed it again, still black screen. I have now removed the Isudar board and hope my PCM works when I test it tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:25 AM
JoeB3
Instructor

Originally Posted by ralpheickhof
Just installed the Isudar board today. Worked fine for a hour then went black screen while I was driving. I checked all cables and installed it again, still black screen. I have now removed the Isudar board and hope my PCM works when I test it tomorrow.
man HATE to hear that. I’m sorry. Deflating for sure. Makes me that much more convinced that if Porsche sold the PCM which would replace ours with the modern technologies I’d be willing to pay for it.
The following users liked this post:
ralpheickhof (09-11-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Black screen is almost always...ribbon cable issue. As you have the cables out....examine the ends of the ribbon cables, all....with magnification. look at ALL of the gold fingers. Are any damaged ? Post pics if you can.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:48 PM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

An hour after I took this photo the screen went black while I was driving around checking out the system. I took it out and rechecked all the ribbons, installed it again, screen still blank. Removed all the Isudar componets to try and get back my original PCM and screen is blank. Checked fuse was OK. Not sure what to do next.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:53 PM
ralpheickhof
Intermediate

This photo was taken after the first black screen when I was checking the ribbons etc.

All the ribbons seemed to be seated correctly and it worked for a hour.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1