Monday did inspection
Today got email from chase.
Submitting now
Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 AM
Lax22
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
Yep, same for me, the money showed up Monday evening. Other than the one person who had his verification challenged due to rain drops in the picture, sounds like almost everyone else had smooth sailing, either by EFT or surface mail/FedEx.
They still haven't made the participation payment yet because they are still "investigating" the situation. My appointment was on 7/5. Every time I contact them they tell me it would be just a few more days. They even acknowledged that I provided all the necessary information and the problem was created by their agent. My patience is running thin at this point!

Today VW told me to try and reach the settlement agent at my dealership so she could capture a new pic of my VIN. She wasn't there but the Porsche salesman told me the same agent took pictures of the wrong car last week.... coincidence?

Last edited by Lax22; 07-19-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:41 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
If the fix is crap, I'll take a hard look at it, but would likely press for a buyback at that point. Or the reparation payment and take the crappy fix.
If they have an approved fix, you can't press for a buyback. You can opt out, but then you are suing on your own. If there is no fix then there will be a buyout, or a non-compliant fix, which gives you about double of the fix payment.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:23 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Lax22

Today VW told me to try and reach the settlement agent at my dealership so she could capture a new pic of my VIN. She wasn't there but the Porsche salesman told me the same agent took pictures of the wrong car last week.... coincidence?

May I suggest you calling or emailing "our" lead plaintiff lawyers. Maybe they can help.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 AM
TXCayenne
Track Day

So I am waiting on electronic transfer from Chase. Did anyone get a confirmation email from Chase that the money was deposited or do you just see the money hit your designated account?
Old 07-20-2017, 01:03 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

made my appointement for august 8th.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:25 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCayenne
So I am waiting on electronic transfer from Chase. Did anyone get a confirmation email from Chase that the money was deposited or do you just see the money hit your designated account?
The confirmation that I told them where to send it is the last I got from them.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:32 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCayenne
For me the money just showed up, but perhaps that is because I also had them send it to my Chase account. Only email I got was before it was sent, basically telling me it will be sent in 2-3 days.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Got payment today.
Inspection Monday
Email Tuesday
Chase email weds, filled forms
Payment received today Thursday.

Efficient.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 PM
SundanceGS
1st Gear

Default Emissions Rep No Show

I wish I were as lucky as you all. My emissions rep never showed up to my appointment this morning. Very disappointing response by the dealer when I asked them to assist me in finding out where they were.

Their initial response was "She's usually here by now", which wasn't overly helpful. No one seemed to know the rep very well (not even her last name) and no one knew how to contact her. When I pressed them, the dealer folks basically said "the emissions reps don't work for us... not our problem".

VW Claims people were very nice on the phone, but were unsuccessful in doing anything except rescheduling me.

I know that the reps don't work for the dealer. I returned a VW Jetta TDI back in January so I'm well familiar with the process. But I do think that, rightly or wrongly, each rep's performance reflects on the dealer in which they work.

I selected a different dealer for my rescheduled appointment. Hopefully I have better luck next time.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:12 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
If they have an approved fix, you can't press for a buyback. You can opt out, but then you are suing on your own. If there is no fix then there will be a buyout, or a non-compliant fix, which gives you about double of the fix payment.
I think you're missing the big picture here. An "approved" fix means nothing more than that the EPA has signed off on it as being within standards.

The lawsuit and settlement has target performance standards that trigger other actions (the $500). There is also a provision in the agreement that states:

Originally Posted by Final Settlement
In the event that the Emissions Compliant Repair causes a substantial, material adverse degradation above and beyond the Reduced Performance levels specified above, Plaintiffs reserve their right to seek, and Defendants reserve their right to oppose, additional remedies through motion to the Court.
So, short of opting out, the class can go back to the table to negotiate either greater compensation or push for the buyback if the vehicles are neutered.

And, of course, if you do opt out, all of the groundwork has been done through the class, so the only issue remaining to decide would be the implications from a loss of performance.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:08 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
I think you're missing the big picture here. An "approved" fix means nothing more than that the EPA has signed off on it as being within standards.

The lawsuit and settlement has target performance standards that trigger other actions (the $500). There is also a provision in the agreement that states:

So, short of opting out, the class can go back to the table to negotiate either greater compensation or push for the buyback if the vehicles are neutered.

And, of course, if you do opt out, all of the groundwork has been done through the class, so the only issue remaining to decide would be the implications from a loss of performance.
Ok sounds like another way to proceed. But time is working against us. By the time any new settlement is reached, you'll have an 6-7 year old SUV.

On another note, our CD with 27k miles and nearly 4 years old looks and drives like new. Just a beautiful vehicle - in its' current form.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:44 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Possibly, but I think those lawyers would see another payday and get going on it as soon as the EPA and VW announced, as they are required by the settlement, the results of the fix and its impact on performance if it's bad.

And I'm with you on the current state of these things! I don't want to see them mess with it, either.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:28 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

looks like this is even bigger than we thought.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bertels...o#7f3963de7ce8

it also looks like just a bigger adblue tank and spraying more of it could be the cure. article says they went with a small tank and turned the spray off to save 80 euros per car.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Somehow doubt they put a bigger tank in. Will use more adblue for sure though.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue