Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 10:19 AM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Glad this process is sort of working everybody. I couldn't get an inspection date earlier than July 20.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 182 Posts

I requested a check, and it arrived at my house today via FedEx. Interestingly, it is from Audi of America, on behalf of VW Group of America. Porsche is nowhere to be found on this paperwork. Waiting for the Bosch money now.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:26 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

with regard to the Bosch money, the VW representative who helped me said i'll be getting half of it within 30 to 60 days by mail. Reading other posts, it seems that different reps are giving different answers
Old 07-14-2017, 11:50 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

The Reps don't seem to know much beyond what they need to do to submit the information into the system. Really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, 750 or 1500 now.
It's all really hanging on the 11/08 date for a fix announcement. After that date, we can start collecting 500 bills per month or thinking buyback.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:07 PM
lordkenyon
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick timeline update on mine.

10 July - Verification appointment - photo of DL and VIN, followed by email confirmation
11 July - Another email with instructions to look for the email from JP Morgan chase
13 July - JP Morgan Chase email from "donotreplyChasePayments@jpmorgan.com" and not the email they said it would be coming from "ChasePayments@EmailChasePayments.jpmorgan.com". Completed the paperwork and funds sent.

Edit: - just noticed that the email following the appointment had the notice to look for the "donotreply" address. The second instructional email had the "chasepayments" email and was incorrect. Might not hurt to add both to your contacts so they don't get spam-blocked.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:18 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
I received my Chase Payments email today. Set up the Chase Payment account and now just have to wait.
Got mine last night as well. Funds are on the way, at least they said such and ...

Re: Bosch payment - my rep told me it would be a separate payment probably coming by surface mail. Nothing about 1/2 amount, but clearly he did not have definitive data because after we spoke a bit more, he said "I guess it could be EFT too".

The process so far is good and I'd have to say, painless and frustration free, at least for me. Hope the rest of this ordeal follows suit as smoothly too. I have my doubts about the free oil change and adblue being smooth, at least for the early adopters among us.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
I requested a check, and it arrived at my house today via FedEx. Interestingly, it is from Audi of America, on behalf of VW Group of America. Porsche is nowhere to be found on this paperwork. Waiting for the Bosch money now.
My check came FedEx today as well.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 PM
TxHoon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My timeline was:
7-6 appointment
7-10 Chase payment email (just before midnight) Responded at 0030 on 7-11
7-14 Money in my bank account.

7-13 Vehicle traded in for GTS. Still waiting on my Bosch money and waiting for the future owner to get the fix (if approved) done. I am surprised that I can still get money out of the deal even though I no longer own the vehicle. If there is no approved fix and the buyback is triggered I still get money. Not bad.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
No deposit here yet. But I filled it out after midnight EST, so probably tomorrow.
Yep, showed up today.

Now we wait to see what the fix looks like.

If I recall reading it right, the Bosch payment is all at once. No waiting for the fix. No idea how it'll come, though.

Originally Posted by PJCayenne
It's all really hanging on the 11/08 date for a fix announcement. After that date, we can start collecting 500 bills per month or thinking buyback.
Isn't it the 18th? And it's only for 3 months max. If Porsche/VW can't get their act together by then, it's reparation/buyback time.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:10 AM
xc17pilot
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default payment processed now awaiting Bosch

I had my appointment at my dealer Wednesday (7/12), recieved the Chase EFT email today. Expecting payment sometime next week. Pretty smooth so far.

Regarding the Bosch settlement, plenty of info on their website:
https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/en

From the FAQ on this website, regarding payment:

"If I don’t request exclusion, when will I receive my payment?
Automatic Bosch Settlement payments have begun mailing to eligible Bosch Settlement Class Members in June 2017 and will continue throughout the life of the case, on a rolling basis, as soon as the Bosch Settlement Claims Administrator receives confirmation of eligibility.

If your 2.0-Liter or 3.0-Liter VW Settlement claim is approved prior to May 2017, your automatic Bosch Settlement award is being processed and will be sent to you in the Summer of 2017.

If your 2.0-Liter or 3.0-Liter VW Settlement claim has not yet been approved, you can expect your automatic Bosch Settlement award to be sent to you shortly after that claim has been approved. Additionally, depending on your circumstances, if you have filed a Bosch Settlement claim, your Bosch Settlement award will be sent shortly after your claim is approved."
Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
My check came FedEx today as well.
Awesome- woo hoo for both of us. Just don't spend it all in one place. I know I did.

Yep, showed up today.

Now we wait to see what the fix looks like.

If I recall reading it right, the Bosch payment is all at once. No waiting for the fix. No idea how it'll come, though.

Isn't it the 18th? And it's only for 3 months max. If Porsche/VW can't get their act together by then, it's reparation/buyback time.
I thought the 2.1 Gen approval is 11/8. Three months delay plus the performance degradation payment could be another 2 grand. The fix is still the big wild card in the this whole event. We still don't know the full extent of what is involved and how performance is affected. Heaven knows we've been speculating for nearly two years.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Searcher356
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

..... If Porsche/VW can't get their act together by then, it's reparation/buyback time.
Don't know why anybody would expect CARB and EPA to approve anything. They have their pounds of flesh and they are loving it.

EPA is bragging about how much income they are generating.

If you follow their arguments, you'd think their Mission was to extract $$$ from corporations in any way possible - and expect higher funding from taxpayers to accomplish that goal.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:17 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Searcher356
Don't know why anybody would expect CARB and EPA to approve anything. They have their pounds of flesh and they are loving it.

EPA is bragging about how much income they are generating.

If you follow their arguments, you'd think their Mission was to extract $$$ from corporations in any way possible - and expect higher funding from taxpayers to accomplish that goal.
Because they got their pound (and a half) of flesh. Nothing left here for them, so approving a fix is now easy and they can say they saved the world and made money in the process.

Not approving the fix doesn't get them anything more and we know they don't care if owners get anything. They'll approve it now to show they're "fair".
Old 07-15-2017, 04:21 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Awesome- woo hoo for both of us. Just don't spend it all in one place. I know I did.

I thought the 2.1 Gen approval is 11/8. Three months delay plus the performance degradation payment could be another 2 grand. The fix is still the big wild card in the this whole event. We still don't know the full extent of what is involved and how performance is affected. Heaven knows we've been speculating for nearly two years.
You are correct. Somehow I got the 18th in my head. Went back and re-read it. Also realized that if VW can show "good cause" for a delay in the date, no extra payment is triggered. If no good cause (approved by the court) then they can elect to take the delay anyway by paying the $500/mo/vehicle penalty.

The date for submission is long passed, so now it's just testing, tweaking and obtaining approval by 11/8.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:26 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Because they got their pound (and a half) of flesh. Nothing left here for them, so approving a fix is now easy and they can say they saved the world and made money in the process.

Not approving the fix doesn't get them anything more and we know they don't care if owners get anything. They'll approve it now to show they're "fair".
I'm afraid they don't care what it will drive like "fixed", nor will reliability, DEF and fuel consumption concern them.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue