Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ sounds to me the behavior has become similar to the diesels made by FCA
Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ sounds to me the behavior has become similar to the diesels made by FCA
Ha!, oh, no, please, don't insult or disrespect the Audi engineered 3.0L TDI like that.

I would actually welcome some sound from the motor.

I think many have been so spoiled by how crypt-like vehicles have become that any hint of wind/tire/engine noise is somehow seen or perceived as a negative.

By and large, our vehicles run like atomic clockwork, mostly flawless, we get in, turn the key and go. Now there is a bit of noise, some reported jerkiness . . . I have a feeling that when I get mine fixed, I may notice it and after a few days, will get used to it, just like all the dings and scrapes that my truck has received in the 9 short months I've had it. I used to worry about it, think about getting the dings fixed by some Dent Wizard company, but now I really don't give a crap.

Please, make me drive a 1998 Northstar Powered Cadillac V8, anything but a FCA diesel.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NM912E
I have calls into several dealers about the unsold new cars since we are in the market for a newer model. Today I got a call from one in Houston to tell me they would be available for sale tomorrow ( Friday the 17th ) or sometime early next week as told to them by their new car manager. When I inquired about discounting I was told that was not discussed in their brief .
interesting I was at my dealer today , my gm said they are still waitng for pcna to give them the details on what concessions will be given on the dealers stop sale vehicles. He Also said the dealer cars are the last to receive the the fix per pcna
Old 11-17-2017, 10:54 PM
alterniTECH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guards Red Car
I'm due for an Oil Change....Just wondering if this is part of the Diesel Fix ?? My dealer usually gets me for a good $500 + for Lube/Oil/Filter, etc...
Isn't $500 crazy!? My dealer wanted to charge me the same, so I took it to a VW dealer, they did it for $130 but couldn't reset the trip, so I bought a device to do that on my own for $200, then, every subsequent oil change I do on my own, it's quite simple, just make sure you use the proper oil. Oil changes cost me $80 and about 45 minutes of my time.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:13 AM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Completed my ECR Fix:
1) Noticeable jerkiness first 5-10 miles in moderate cold weather (40F-45F) when warming up and nothing after that. This has been reported by couple other owners. Worst part is waiting for the next skip.
2) MPG as advertised: Now CD giving 20/29 as advertised compared to 35-36 MPG on highways before (it was a bonus while it lasted!).

I am truly disappointed how Porsche came up with a bad fix (not testing in cold weather). Wish I stayed on sidelines and read more experiences before I took my car for ECR.

PS: This is just sample of one and do not make your decision based on this.

Last edited by bryanwares; 11-18-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:16 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

^^^ looks to me that was one of the main purpose of the defeat software: to make the cd run better when cold and thus, pollute more.

Looks like best procedure is to let the engine warm up before driving, though that may take an eternity
Old 11-18-2017, 03:16 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Picked mine up today. Noticed no difference at all around town other than car is more eager to downshift vs lug. I actually prefer that.

And then i loaded up my 89carrera on my trailer and towed it 400 miles to norcal. Observation is fuel consumption about what I’ve gotten before when towing at 72 and dealing with 4200 ft and 1800 ft climbs... ~19 indicated. One tank of fuel with about 100 miles indicated remaining. Once over 70 mileage drops quick towing. It towed fine. I did feel like it was missing a little punch climbing the grapevine. I’ll need some more time with it.

Chase was quick already got the payment heading to my account.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:06 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

I use the blue spark tuning box ; http://bluesparkautomotive.com/porsc...-us-spec-64248

i currently get roughly 36 -40 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg towing 4000lbs on the highway , my 14 CD has 120k miles on her. I bought her new, the highway mpg has been about same since I added blue spark at 10k miles
I corresponded w spark blue they stated w the ecu flash and new cat will not change the tuning box performance

my fix is scheduled for 11/30. I will report back the difference w and w out tuning box.

the other side effect yet to be determined is DEF consumption rate , the fix booklet states up to 40% increase is allowable which will be PIA doing that often for those folks like me that drive a ton
Old 11-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
I use the blue spark tuning box ; http://bluesparkautomotive.com/porsc...-us-spec-64248

i currently get roughly 36 -40 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg towing 4000lbs on the highway , my 14 CD has 120k miles on her. I bought her new, the highway mpg has been about same since I added blue spark at 10k miles
I corresponded w spark blue they stated w the ecu flash and new cat will not change the tuning box performance

my fix is scheduled for 11/30. I will report back the difference w and w out tuning box.

the other side effect yet to be determined is DEF consumption rate , the fix booklet states up to 40% increase is allowable which will be PIA doing that often for those folks like me that drive a ton
I am eager to hear your experience after you have the "repair" done. Please keep us informed.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:56 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

I am also wondering. If the changes are most noticeable during warmup, does anyone knows of an aftermarket kit that allows me to remotely start the CD and let it warm up?
Old 11-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Originally Posted by visitador
I am also wondering. If the changes are most noticeable during warmup, does anyone knows of an aftermarket kit that allows me to remotely start the CD and let it warm up?
a wife
Old 11-18-2017, 06:56 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

a wife
Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 PM
NAAMAZ
Advanced

2013 CD, Done 11/17... Performance seems about the same, Shifting was fine, but was up to temp in 80 deg weather. I suspect as it relearns driving style it will be totally fine.

Last edited by NAAMAZ; 11-18-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 11-18-2017, 10:43 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by NAAMAZ
2013 CD, Done 7/17... Performance seems about the same, Shifting was fine, but was up to temp in 80 deg weather. I suspect as it relearns driving style it will be totally fine.
I'm guessing you mean Done 11/17?
Old 11-18-2017, 10:51 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanwares
Completed my ECR Fix:
1) Noticeable jerkiness first 5-10 miles in moderate cold weather (40F-45F) when warming up and nothing after that. This has been reported by couple other owners. Worst part is waiting for the next skip.
2) MPG as advertised: Now CD giving 20/29 as advertised compared to 35-36 MPG on highways before (it was a bonus while it lasted!).

I am truly disappointed how Porsche came up with a bad fix (not testing in cold weather). Wish I stayed on sidelines and read more experiences before I took my car for ECR.

PS: This is just sample of one and do not make your decision based on this.

You guys getting north of 35mpg must drive like old ladies. And old ladies hypermiling, at that. Best I've seen is ~32. Then again, my average speed approaches 70 on long trips (that's the average reported by the computer that includes getting to the highway, accelerations, stops for fuel, etc). Actual travel speed is generally higher than that.

And pulling 4000# and getting mid-twenties? Again... old ladies. Going to church. On Sundays. Drafting an 18 wheeler.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Picked mine up today. Noticed no difference at all around town other than car is more eager to downshift vs lug. I actually prefer that.

And then i loaded up my 89carrera on my trailer and towed it 400 miles to norcal. Observation is fuel consumption about what I’ve gotten before when towing at 72 and dealing with 4200 ft and 1800 ft climbs... ~19 indicated. One tank of fuel with about 100 miles indicated remaining. Once over 70 mileage drops quick towing. It towed fine. I did feel like it was missing a little punch climbing the grapevine. I’ll need some more time with it.

Chase was quick already got the payment heading to my account.
That's about what I'd expect and even 19 hauling a car is damned good.

Be interested to hear what your unladen average turns to out to be (along with your speeds).

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue