Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 02:18 PM
petery
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by visitador
I got this feeling that the claims process is not on a first come, first serve basis. Maybe it has to do with my email address and phone number being the same with both VW and Chase?
I bank with Chase also and it took me good 4 business days to see it in my chase account whereas it only took you 2 business days. I guess it must be some random process, VW server hates me.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:48 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Had my vehicle verified last Friday, 7/7. Got an initial confirmation I had CD verified that day (it was from claims_noreply@vwgoa.com) and then got an email from VWGoA titled "How to Accept Your EFT". Silence since (nothing more from VWGoA or Chase). From my calculation my 3rd day is today, so I expect to her something by this evening or tomorrow, but I'll see ...
Old 07-12-2017, 04:29 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
Had my vehicle verified last Friday, 7/7. Got an initial confirmation I had CD verified that day (it was from claims_noreply@vwgoa.com) and then got an email from VWGoA titled "How to Accept Your EFT". Silence since (nothing more from VWGoA or Chase). From my calculation my 3rd day is today, so I expect to her something by this evening or tomorrow, but I'll see ...
You and I are exactly in the same boat. Am curious who gets paid first. You doing EFT?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:39 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by petros600
here what i see on VW portal:

Schedule Your Appointment

The next step in the process is to schedule your appointment to complete the Emissions Compliant Repair. An Emissions Modification for your vehicle is not yet approved by EPA/CARB. Volkswagen will contact you when there is an update on the status of the Emissions Modification for your vehicle.

Participation Payment

Our records indicate that a participation payment has been made. Thank you for your participation!
That's not what I have been seeing as late as this morning, but it's what I see now.

Where the "Participation Payment" part is had a form to select my dealer for the repair.

If I go to the Claim Status from the Account menu, it still says the payment step isn't completed.

Originally Posted by visitador
I got this feeling that the claims process is not on a first come, first serve basis.
Yeah that's how I figured too. Starting to get a little irritated. It's not that complicated of a process to manage and no human need be involved (for the EFT people) between the results of the appointment being approved and you approving the EFT.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:41 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Hmmm... Actually I just noticed in the Claim Status that "Participation Payment Appointment Complete" has a date of the 11th (yesterday) while my appointment was on the 6th.

Maybe there is an issue with the contractors not getting the info sent in a time manner?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:46 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
Hmmm... Actually I just noticed in the Claim Status that "Participation Payment Appointment Complete" has a date of the 11th (yesterday) while my appointment was on the 6th.

Maybe there is an issue with the contractors not getting the info sent in a time manner?
The rep I met told me that she is responsible for uploading 3 pictures only.

1. My driver's license
2. Vin number on bottom of driver side windshield.
3. Vehicle sticker on the driver side door jamb located on the B pillar.

Maybe there is other work after the 3 pics were uploaded before payment confirms?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Lax22
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my participation appointment for my CD last Wednesday (7/5). Yesterday (7/11) I contacted the 1-800 claim number because I hadn't heard anything from Chase yet. Turns out the picture the VW agent took of my dash VIN was obscured by a rain drop and "ilegible!!!!" The door VIN was fine....They told me it would be 5-7 more business days while they investigate.... offered to get them a pic or bring my car in and was told I'd be contacted if they need anything else....

Last edited by Lax22; 07-12-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Error
Old 07-12-2017, 04:56 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chsu74
They have to actually upload them in a timely manner though

My person was actually having to use her own personal hotspot as the dealer wasn't letting her on their network and the contract company wasn't paying for a hotspot...

Originally Posted by Lax22
They told me it would be 5-7 more business days while they investigate.... offered to get them a pic or bring my car in and was told I'd be contacted if they need anything else....
That's some BS. Fault is theirs, but they still obviously have enough to show proof. They should have either accepted it as good enough or immediately have contacted you to get you back in.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Lax22
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said I did everything that was required of me and their agent did not do her job! For that my situation was "escalated" and I was told they were sorry I was misinformed about the 3 business days timeline.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:12 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
They have to actually upload them in a timely manner though
Correct. Once the upload is finished, it triggers the "payment receipt" email below which we all assume is 3 more working business days until the EFT link then wait 2-3 days for actual cash deposit.

"VWGoA Settlement Claims Program Participation Payment Receipt

Transaction Date: 07/07/2017
Transaction Type: Repair Participation Payment"
Old 07-12-2017, 05:45 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Lax22
I said I did everything that was required of me and their agent did not do her job! For that my situation was "escalated" and I was told they were sorry I was misinformed about the 3 business days timeline.
That's certainly not helping their case...

Correct. Once the upload is finished, it triggers the "payment receipt" email below which we all assume is 3 more working business days until the EFT link then wait 2-3 days for actual cash deposit.
Ahh, yeah. Didn't think about that. I had that confirmation email before I made it out of the dealer. So what was the delay between the 6th and 11th?

I go back to my earlier statement, it shouldn't be this difficult (and yes I have coded for and managed systems for moving millions of dollars around by communicating with a multitude of processors around the world).
Old 07-12-2017, 09:54 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Just called the Claims number. My appointment was last Thursday. As of today, nothing in the email. My status says my appointment was complete on the 11th.

The rep said they were getting more claims than they can handle when they initially said 3 days. The rep said all the paperwork was reviewed and approved as of the 11th, so by COB Friday (the three days). I suggested they update their website with the new timeline so people aren't worried, since the receipt we're given says 3 business days and that the link will expire if we don't use it. He said he'd check with his supervisor to see if they could put a message on the site. I won't hold my breath....
Old 07-12-2017, 10:50 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

1. My driver's license
2. Vin number on bottom of driver side windshield.
3. Vehicle sticker on the driver side door jamb located on the B pillar.

Maybe there is other work after the 3 pics were uploaded before payment confirms?
so since the bosch payment is supposed to be automatic and someone posted 1500 if you have the title, or 1000 if its financed/leased (which makes no sense), how would they know if this is all the info they take?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:51 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

btw, I'm not taking mine in until the next month or two when I need to get the 40k service done, so its all academic to me at this point.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:52 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by skiahh
Just called the Claims number. My appointment was last Thursday. As of today, nothing in the email. My status says my appointment was complete on the 11th.

The rep said they were getting more claims than they can handle when they initially said 3 days. The rep said all the paperwork was reviewed and approved as of the 11th, so by COB Friday (the three days). I suggested they update their website with the new timeline so people aren't worried, since the receipt we're given says 3 business days and that the link will expire if we don't use it. He said he'd check with his supervisor to see if they could put a message on the site. I won't hold my breath....
Sounds like we are in the same boat with the same timing.

Would be funny if we sued them for breach of contract on their settlement

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue