Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 12:28 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Yes agree, this was filtered with 100% used cars. A beautiful PTS speedster didn’t hit reserve highest bid 265k, and PTS easily pulled 390k a few months back. Apparently there is a Benz dealer that bought a ton of AMG 63 G-wagons and got stuck with 4M in inventory. Once was 100k plus over now 20k to MSRP. Buckle up will be a buyers market.
Am I missing something? highest bid was $365k, not $265k...
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 12:39 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
Am I missing something? highest bid was $365k, not $265k...
‘Nope fat finger sorry …..correct 365k which is low for that spec. Few months back 430k easy
Old 10-26-2022, 12:58 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Agree not comparing the two, but just an example of high dollar trends where a vehicle that was 100k over MSRP. GT market coming down, just not as swift ……..but 100 plus cars sitting not good for any brands. I know several dealers that are way upside down on GT cars, they can hold or take the risk they can move above cost. Still say GT cars are hyped up and it’s herd mentality …….my neighbor has a 9114S and has a ton of cash …..sees my speedster and says man I want that new GT3. I said why out of curiosity as your 4S has never been in the rain, he laughed and said I like that wing on the back🤦🏽‍♂️ (I just like watching the show unfortunately seen this movie play out many times)
I know you were using the G63 market illustratively, but there is a lot of idiosyncrasies that affected that specific model, such as for example the ability to fully depreciate the entire purchase price for tax purposes at year end. These 'tax savings' led many to justify paying exorbitant ADM as they recouped it via tax shenanigans.

Also the artificially high pricing was fueled by speculation it was the last MY of the V8, which was dispelled months later. Large production numbers didn't help. I wish there were a mechanism to 'short' some of these models as not counting the benefit of hindsight, this particular case was easy to spot from a mile away there is simply too much air in the G-balloon.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dr. Ferdinand:
-eztrader- (10-26-2022), Diablo Dude (10-26-2022), Maverick787 (10-26-2022), raymort (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 01:33 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
You are getting millennials confused with gen Z. Millennials are the ones who are up to age 41 currently and have been burdened by massive student loan debt due to the increases in the cost of education caused by boomers in charge, they've worked corporate jobs and fought through multiple "once in a hundred year" economic events caused by boomers. They are the single most educated generation in American history. They were forced to pursue advanced degrees to even have a shot at owning property or living a lifestyle even remotely like their parents did. Many even pursued expensive advanced degrees on loans because there were not many people hiring when they were entering the workforce in 2008-2012. They have been forced to have dual income households, postponing their ability to afford children and replacing them with dogs. They have dealt with 9/11 as children, then were hit with the great recession when they started to enter the work force, then once they finally would grind and start to make progress in their corporate roles, they were hit with a once in a hundred year pandemic. Makes you wonder why they are the generation with the highest levels of depression and mental health related burnout in the workplace. They are the founders of boomer apps like Facebook and Instagram, SnapChat, and endless other technologies like blockchain, you use on a daily basis.

Gen Z are ages 10-25 who are not entering corporate America at the same rate, and you think about the age at which you would be coming out of college and when the pandemic started, it would make some sense that they are not really benefitting from working their first corporate roles with limited training, mentorship, and workplace culture working remotely. The pandemic also shifted their thought process on what to prioritize. They also witnessed the Millennial generation before them struggle tremendously with student loan debt and struggle to match the quality of life their boomer parents provided, and realized that maybe there was another path beyond expensive advanced degrees and being imprisoned by corporate America. Gen Z witnessing the struggles of Millennials is what I think changed everything.
While I do not necessarily disagree with anything you are stating, I see one common 'trait' with Gen Z / Millennials that was not seen in other gens (speaking as a Gen X-er). Protectionism and over-parenting. To some extent your tone/viewpoint highlights that, as it shifts the blame to boomers and what that in turn has 'forced' our poor Ms/Zs to endure/suffer (highlighted such not for being accusatory, but to simply offer my PoV).

Reading the above would make one feel 'bad' for the 'poor' Zs/Ms, except that older Gens saw all that you enumerated, AND more. Cold war, sent to war, numerous other financial crises (internet bubble burst for those that remember), 9/11, etc. - atop the pandemic and number of recession cycles over the years of various gravity. Not only did it not break us, it made is stronger, not more 'fragile' which I feel younger gens have become. We did not receive a trophy for finishing 9th in the county soccer tournaments, in fact received no trophy at all. Made us realize that meant you have to be better and invest in self-development. And didn't have the helicopter/bulldozer parents that would tell you how special you are, deserve nothing but 1st place, and hence the general resulting attitudes towards entitlement.

I do a lot of hiring as knock on wood business has been good pre-/post- pandemic, and the level of expectation/entitlement I see from the Z/Ms is like no other. If I had asked for the clauses they are seeking in an employment contract at my time of hiring (stipulation for 0 travel, 0 days in office, cap on max weekly work hours, guarantees for "intellectually gratifying work" - per their self-determined definition, etc.), I would have been shown the door, in fact with a boot in my **** to accelerate such exit.

You stated "Makes you wonder why they are the generation with the highest levels of depression and mental health related burnout in the workplace". My answer is above - because they aren't ready to face the realities of today's world (which granted can be harsh), not having been accurately prepared and even worse - sheltered and spared from reality. This has negatively impacted their 'immunity' and building a defense layer to deal with the 'real' reality. End results leads to fragility.

So in short, I don't think Ms/Zs were dealt a rougher hand than any other gen. We all had to face our challenges and 'inherit' negative dynamics. Difference is we coped with them with outside the vail and bubble around us, which in turn made is ready to face the next headwind, not be fragile and look for protectionist (fiscal and non-financial) cover.

/// Rant over

The following 6 users liked this post by Dr. Ferdinand:
Bucketlistx911 (10-26-2022), Diablo Dude (10-26-2022), fijibubba (11-02-2022), Freddie Two Bs (10-27-2022), G.Irish (10-26-2022), Manifold (10-26-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-26-2022, 02:12 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
While I do not necessarily disagree with anything you are stating, I see one common 'trait' with Gen Z / Millennials that was not seen in other gens (speaking as a Gen X-er). Protectionism and over-parenting. To some extent your tone/viewpoint highlights that, as it shifts the blame to boomers and what that in turn has 'forced' our poor Ms/Zs to endure/suffer (highlighted such not for being accusatory, but to simply offer my PoV).

Reading the above would make one feel 'bad' for the 'poor' Zs/Ms, except that older Gens saw all that you enumerated, AND more. Cold war, sent to war, numerous other financial crises (internet bubble burst for those that remember), 9/11, etc. - atop the pandemic and number of recession cycles over the years of various gravity. Not only did it not break us, it made is stronger, not more 'fragile' which I feel younger gens have become. We did not receive a trophy for finishing 9th in the county soccer tournaments, in fact received no trophy at all. Made us realize that meant you have to be better and invest in self-development. And didn't have the helicopter/bulldozer parents that would tell you how special you are, deserve nothing but 1st place, and hence the general resulting attitudes towards entitlement.

I do a lot of hiring as knock on wood business has been good pre-/post- pandemic, and the level of expectation/entitlement I see from the Z/Ms is like no other. If I had asked for the clauses they are seeking in an employment contract at my time of hiring (stipulation for 0 travel, 0 days in office, cap on max weekly work hours, guarantees for "intellectually gratifying work" - per their self-determined definition, etc.), I would have been shown the door, in fact with a boot in my **** to accelerate such exit.

You stated "Makes you wonder why they are the generation with the highest levels of depression and mental health related burnout in the workplace". My answer is above - because they aren't ready to face the realities of today's world (which granted can be harsh), not having been accurately prepared and even worse - sheltered and spared from reality. This has negatively impacted their 'immunity' and building a defense layer to deal with the 'real' reality. End results leads to fragility.

So in short, I don't think Ms/Zs were dealt a rougher hand than any other gen. We all had to face our challenges and 'inherit' negative dynamics. Difference is we coped with them with outside the vail and bubble around us, which in turn made is ready to face the next headwind, not be fragile and look for protectionist (fiscal and non-financial) cover.

/// Rant over
I nominate this for "Post of the Year"
Well done!
The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
fijibubba (11-02-2022), raymort (10-26-2022), tonup (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:35 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

992 GT market is in a hilarious free fall fueled by the stealers and new GT buyers that are delusioned into thinking these are investments which is honestly sad they think that.

This market is getting the death by 1,000 knives, and by 1k knives, I mean 1, 1% knife every month for 50 months until 992 GT is 20-3k under sticker which will happen this time next year.

You heard it here first. 20-30k under 992 GT sticker Oct 2023. Here come the 992 GT ADM buyers to tell us they caught the falling knife
Old 10-26-2022, 04:45 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
992 GT market is in a hilarious free fall fueled by the stealers and new GT buyers that are delusioned into thinking these are investments which is honestly sad they think that.

This market is getting the death by 1,000 knives, and by 1k knives, I mean 1, 1% knife every month for 50 months until 992 GT is 20-3k under sticker which will happen this time next year.

You heard it here first. 20-30k under 992 GT sticker Oct 2023. Here come the 992 GT ADM buyers to tell us they caught the falling knife

The following 3 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
Azzurri GT3 (10-26-2022), Diablo Dude (10-26-2022), Peruna (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Talking

992 GT market is in a hilarious free fall . . . .

Old 10-26-2022, 04:56 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

How's your investment 992 GT doing Diablo?

Just keep HODL, they'll go back to 150k ADM in no time
Old 10-26-2022, 05:01 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
wow, that is strange news on the PTS Speedster....
Well, Merc also F'd that market by announcing they will be making some additional cars after they said that line was done...Not to say that was the sole reason for it, but it really did a number on that market.

Sorry, looks like a much more complete answer above.

Last edited by raymort; 10-26-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Maverick787 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:34 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort
Well, Merc also F'd that market by announcing they will be making some additional cars after they said that line was done...Not to say that was the sole reason for it, but it really did a number on that market.
‘Dealers are calling customers on new inventory 22’s still arriving. Asking 20k over, and you can work that down, buyers got some power back. Sucks for those that thought it was worth 300k
Old 10-26-2022, 05:46 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Yep. You are right. We are all gonna lose if we want to sell our cars. I guess I’ll just keep driving mine and piling on the miles.

Can we (you) stop now that we agree with you?
WCGhost (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

How's your investment 992 GT doing Diablo?

Just keep HODL, they'll go back to 150k ADM in no time
Did someone really pay 150k ADM?
Old 10-26-2022, 05:54 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
I believe there have been some big ballers that have enough money to not care and don’t like to wait that did.

$ buys a spot in front of the line. They received their car over a year ago.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:55 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Manifold
Dont feed the Trolls.
The highest I've heard this year in the Bay Area was $110,000 over at a dealer with Google in its backyard.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 10-26-2022 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM