Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022 | 09:51 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Are auto lenders financing the purchase prices with ADMs or is the limit like 110% of MSRP for tax/title/reg?
eh. Not directly, but loan standards have been really awful since they'll all be dump onto the bond market as securitized. There are quite a few news articles about the average customer's challenges with price increases, loan term increases, and delinquencies. It's not real estate, but there sure is an awful lot of "rhymes with".

They will let you roll over your unrecognized loss on the current car into your next loan by looking the other way as the dealer manipulates the market value of the trade in and the new purchase beyond plausibility.
Old 01-26-2022 | 11:06 PM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
eh. Not directly, but loan standards have been really awful since they'll all be dump onto the bond market as securitized. There are quite a few news articles about the average customer's challenges with price increases, loan term increases, and delinquencies. It's not real estate, but there sure is an awful lot of "rhymes with".

They will let you roll over your unrecognized loss on the current car into your next loan by looking the other way as the dealer manipulates the market value of the trade in and the new purchase beyond plausibility.
Can we start Cornhole Capital and bet against these?
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (01-26-2022)
Old 01-27-2022 | 09:09 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres

Ahhh sorta like the gems called Option ARM loans back in the day where you pay less than the interest because home prices would always keep going up. Oh yeah, this will not end well for a lot of folks and lenders.

I just find it hard how an average joe can folks to pay 5 figure ADMs on regular cars like Kias, Fords, GMs, etc.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 01-27-2022 at 09:11 PM.
AlexCeres (01-27-2022)
Old 01-28-2022 | 04:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

What are allocations selling for?
I just bought a GT4 at over sticker euro delivery.

Ive had a couple over sticker offers in the last 6 months but Touring.
Is a regular GT3 less ADM?

You can’t really blame the dealers.. Leta Go Brandon, build back bleaker…

At least the Macan and Cayenne are MSRP LOL..
Old 01-28-2022 | 07:46 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
What are allocations selling for?
I just bought a GT4 at over sticker euro delivery.

Ive had a couple over sticker offers in the last 6 months but Touring.
Is a regular GT3 less ADM?

You can’t really blame the dealers.. Leta Go Brandon, build back bleaker…

At least the Macan and Cayenne are MSRP LOL..
GDP quarter-over-quarter, annualized: 6.9% vs. 5.5% expected, 2.3% in Q3 Personal consumption: 3.3% vs. 3.4% expected, 2.0% in Q3 Core personal consumption expenditures, quarter-over-quarter: 4.9% vs. 4.9% expected, 4.6% in Q3 Growth in the fourth quarter rebounded more than expected from the third quarter's disappointing rate of expansion, when GDP rose at a 2.3% annualized rate — its slowest since mid-2020. But despite the brief deceleration in third-quarter GDP, economic growth throughout 2021 had been robust as vaccinations picked up across the country and stay-in-place behaviors began to abate. For the full-year 2021, GDP grew at a 5.7% rate, marking the fastest since 1984. And this marked a sharp reversal from the contraction seen in the economy in 2020, when GDP shrank by 3.4%.

And yeah, impacting ADM, which probably won't slow down until overall economy slows down as well.

Last edited by Ksdaoski; 01-28-2022 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2022 | 12:35 AM
av12345
Rennlist Member

As if ADMs and the supply vs demand issues / debates weren’t controversial enough now we get to add politics into the mix! I’m definitely joking to some extent but I do suggest we stay on topic even just for the fact that many of us come to this forum to discuss and debate a subject (Porsches, cars, etc) we enjoy and to (even just for a short while) “escape” our lovely world of political polarization etc. Let’s Build Back Better and Make ADM’s Sane Again!

Last edited by av12345; 01-29-2022 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-29-2022 | 10:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
GDP quarter-over-quarter, annualized: 6.9% vs. 5.5% expected, 2.3% in Q3 Personal consumption: 3.3% vs. 3.4% expected, 2.0% in Q3 Core personal consumption expenditures, quarter-over-quarter: 4.9% vs. 4.9% expected, 4.6% in Q3 Growth in the fourth quarter rebounded more than expected from the third quarter's disappointing rate of expansion, when GDP rose at a 2.3% annualized rate — its slowest since mid-2020. But despite the brief deceleration in third-quarter GDP, economic growth throughout 2021 had been robust as vaccinations picked up across the country and stay-in-place behaviors began to abate. For the full-year 2021, GDP grew at a 5.7% rate, marking the fastest since 1984. And this marked a sharp reversal from the contraction seen in the economy in 2020, when GDP shrank by 3.4%.

And yeah, impacting ADM, which probably won't slow down until overall economy slows down as well.
Anti trumper speak propaganda.
Be careful believing these numbers because it’s not in correlation with economic performance reality.
Same with the Central Propaganda Index of 7%, in reality almost double if we use the math we used in the 80’s for CPI.

Anyway I’ve been offered 3 GT3’s in the last couple months and wondering if others see the same and what the real transaction numbers are for an allocation.
Derived (01-30-2022)
Old 01-29-2022 | 10:18 AM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Anti trumper speak propaganda.
Be careful believing these numbers because it’s not in correlation with economic performance reality.
Same with the Central Propaganda Index of 7%, in reality almost double if we use the math we used in the 80’s for CPI.

Anyway I’ve been offered 3 GT3’s in the last couple months and wondering if others see the same and what the real transaction numbers are for an allocation.
Peter, what were the specifics of the three offers? At MSRP? with ADM? If yes, how much?
Also, for what build date? Allocations to come in the future, or existing ones for which the customer backed out?
Thank you.
Old 01-29-2022 | 01:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

They were all touring allocations and $50K asking pickup this summer.
I don’t want a touring and not pay $50K over, yet.

Not against over msrp, i just did for a GT4 and bought 3 more new Porsches while paying over for a GT4.
I’d pre trade any of the new ones for a GT3 allocation and I figured I’ll ask here what’s going on in the market, for when the next call comes for a winged GT3.
Old 01-29-2022 | 10:21 PM
chance6
Race Car

I've been hearing quarterly allocation releases, but I'm not sure how Porsche does their quarters. Different businesses start their quarters in November, Dec, Jan, ...so who really knows. It's like the Wizard of Oz..."pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"...
Old 01-29-2022 | 11:38 PM
eviligloo
Pro

Someone bailed on a car they ordered and I was offered it as $50k ADM over sticker.

Last edited by eviligloo; 01-29-2022 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2022 | 12:48 AM
dkhm3
Racer

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Someone bailed on a car they ordered and I was offered it as $50k ADM over sticker.

hmm that’s better than 100k. Sigh
Old 01-31-2022 | 01:00 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Default lemon law wrinkle

an interesting update... if a vehicle is lemon lawed, then the dealer has to buy the car back for same price they sold it. meaning that $100k over ADM could come back to haunt the dealer:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...0Non%20Openers

Old 01-31-2022 | 01:27 AM
Ruri
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
an interesting update... if a vehicle is lemon lawed, then the dealer has to buy the car back for same price they sold it. meaning that $100k over ADM could come back to haunt the dealer:

No. it’s the sum you or your attorney negotiates with the manufacturer.
Old 01-31-2022 | 02:16 AM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Manufacture has to buy it back (not dealer). Most of the time; the car never gets lemoned and it is taken care of in other ways (dealer or a different dealer buys the car at market value (usually; it's always lower then what the person bought the car for) and then it is equalized with the owner with the next car purchased. Many times; the dealer lose the money from the original sale in other ways to the manufacture in this type of scenario.

Note; Some of these allocation ADM's are paid directly to the person selling the allocation (918 VIP customer) and this is never on any contract and usually paid directly to that person. This would not be on any sales contract and not subject to "what a person paid for the ca"r and not subject to what they would get back in a lemon case.. Urban legend has it that this is one of the reasons that Ferrari doesn't allow selling new cars above MSRP - they got burned once by having to buy a car back from an owner for more then MSRP. A car is more susceptible to lemoning and a person trying to get out of a car once it starts dropping down in value relative to what the person bought the car for.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM