Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2022 | 03:01 PM
rusmani
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Yeah, I have the C63 with the 6.2L V8. Love that car and it would take a lot for me to sell it.

Very interested in the new C63, will at least test drive it. It's a lot heavier, but if the CG is low enough, that may not really detract from the feel and performance.
Nice! That NA 6.2 V8 is a great motor. I'd hang onto that thing!

The new C63 does absolutely nothing for me personally. Lost four cylinders and gained 800lbs. Hard pass.
The following users liked this post:
Freddie Two Bs (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:04 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by rusmani
Man I swear I read the same thing 4 months ago on Rennlist and BAT! Interest rates have gone up since that time, the stock market has gone down, yet Porsche GT cars keep selling for well over MSRP new and used!
We're in a very weird economic situation because of the pandemic. Stimulus money still circulating in the economy, supply chains still not cleaned up, high inflation, substantial and rising interest rates, etc. But I think the bottom line is that the economy hasn't been healthy since the pandemic began, and some bubbles were created because of the pandemic and the response to it, and I expect those bubbles to burst, thought it may take some time.
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:10 PM
rusmani
Rennlist Member

We're in a very weird economic situation because of the pandemic. Stimulus money still circulating in the economy, supply chains still not cleaned up, high inflation, substantial and rising interest rates, etc. But I think the bottom line is that the economy hasn't been healthy since the pandemic began, and some bubbles were created because of the pandemic and the response to it, and I expect those bubbles to burst, thought it may take some time.
Definitely true. To play devil's advocate, I think the pandemic changed a lot of people's mindset on how to live. In a matter of weeks, the world shut down and a lot of uncertainty was upon us. I've noticed a lot of folks, especially some of older ones, decide that they are going to be a little less money conscious and live for today because tomorrow might not be guaranteed.

We'll see how things unfold. My personal opinion is that prices will probably come down from what they are currently at, but not back down to MSRP anytime soon. And no way new GT3s are sitting on lots for 30k under sticker.
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:16 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Just curious.
How do you figure that "stimulus money" is still circulating in the economy?
What material evidence do you have of this?

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 10-21-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:19 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
Definitely true. To play devil's advocate, I think the pandemic changed a lot of people's mindset on how to live. In a matter of weeks, the world shut down and a lot of uncertainty was upon us. I've noticed a lot of folks, especially some of older ones, decide that they are going to be a little less money conscious and live for today because tomorrow might not be guaranteed.

We'll see how things unfold. My personal opinion is that prices will probably come down from what they are currently at, but not back down to MSRP anytime soon. And no way new GT3s are sitting on lots for 30k under sticker.
That may be true, but if someone is young enough to be able to enjoy a Porsche GT car (usually under age 60, average probably a lot lower than that), they still likely have a lot of future ahead of them, and need to manage their finances so they can comfortably retire one day. Probably few buyers of these cars who are that young and already have enough money that they consider themselves already set for retirement; if they were that rich, they would have bought the car years ago.
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:26 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Just curious.
How do you figure that "stimulus money" is still circulating in the economy?
What material evidence do you have of this?
I was afraid someone would ask ...

Government gives someone money, they buy stuff and give someone else money, repeat. I think there's a term in economics for this multiplier effect.
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:40 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

I was afraid someone would ask ...

Government gives someone money, they buy stuff and give someone else money, repeat. I think there's a term in economics for this multiplier effect.
Haha it’s just called the fiscal multiplier. ADM thread has evolved into an Econ 102 thread - I can’t say I hate it haha
WCGhost (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:46 PM
azzurri
Racer

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Honestly, who cares.

Sitting behind your computer talking about prices just means you can't afford the car.

People who can afford these cars (at whatever prices) are buying them, driving them, and enjoying them.

Not sitting behind a computer typing about them.
In all seriousness this is patently false. I respect your opinion but this entire thread going however far back is in many cases penned by owner or prior owners and not solely prospective owners who don't have the cars or ability and is not a circle jerk of those who are wannabes or people wishing.

For reference you are writing about it as well, contributing to the discussion. I suspect you are not in the group you proposed in your comment.
WCGhost (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 03:56 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by azzurri
In all seriousness this is patently false. I respect your opinion but this entire thread going however far back is in many cases penned by owner or prior owners and not solely prospective owners who don't have the cars or ability and is not a circle jerk of those who are wannabes or people wishing.

For reference you are writing about it as well, contributing to the discussion. I suspect you are not in the group you proposed in your comment.
if this thread was used wisely you would certainly want current, past, and prospective owners all contributing to it to understand where the market was, is, and MAY be going.
azzurri (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 04:00 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by av12345
if this thread was used wisely you would certainly want current, past, and prospective owners all contributing to it to understand where the market was, is, and MAY be going.
Current owners will want prices to go/stay up, while prospective owners will want prices to drop, so the 'forecasts' will be biased by that. I'm both a current and prospective owner, and would like the prices to return to a normal level so that speculators are weeded out, ADM goes away, and we don't have to play timing games with buying and selling.
The following 3 users liked this post by Manifold:
EMdoc (10-21-2022), Joe Cho (10-21-2022), WCGhost (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 05:37 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yes, only $68,000 over for a GT3 Touring with 35 miles and 3 hours left in the auction.
Even after the S&P 500 has already collapsed by 25% and mortgage rates have more than doubled.

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Touring 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending October 21 (Lot #88,177) | Bring a Trailer
Final result = RNM at $261,959
WCGhost (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 06:49 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

What I find ridiculous is that people really think that if you can afford a car that has a base of $170K immediately means you can afford a car with some options that sold for $400K in auction. I find it very hard to believe that GT3 owners past and present would all not even blink at $230K difference in what a car costs. That is the range of what it would cost for a car with no ADM and if you could build it, vs. what you could buy at Sotheby's in the summer. The other factor many on here do not understand is the age difference between people willing to spend an ADM because they feel they don't have many more good driving years left, vs. those OK with waiting it out. We are talking about an age range of ~28-70 on here. You will see different perspectives on this alone, even if your net worth is the same.

I do not think the car will sell at MSRP with low miles, but I do think it is reasonable to assume the time frame in which we saw the price increase from $30K ADM at launch to $100K ADM over the summer, that we can see the same in reverse. So a decline back to $30K ADM by next summer. The honest salesman I speak to who have experience selling cars have all implied they see prices coming down. The ones I know who are new to the game, genuinely believe the prices will be the same. I have seen cars that sat for 90+ days end up selling for ~$40-45K over in the summer. These are not advertised at this price, but brokers will get these notifications on cars that need to be moved, and I have seen them eventually be removed from listings. I think the market right now for a winged car is back to $50K, so being $30K in 6 months I think would be reasonable.

Last edited by WCGhost; 10-21-2022 at 06:53 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by WCGhost:
azzurri (10-23-2022), EMdoc (10-21-2022), RealityGT (10-21-2022), rusmani (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022 | 06:50 PM
dommydom
Advanced

The $233K price for this 992 Touring offered by Porsche San Diego shocked me considering where they've been pricing their cars over the last few months. NEW, manual, Rubystar, PCCB, 18-ways and the "market adjustment" is $1,700. I honestly wonder if it's a mistake and they meant $333K.

Update: Called. Mistake. $90K ADM.

Last edited by dommydom; 10-21-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2022 | 07:04 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Originally Posted by dommydom
The $233K price for this 992 Touring offered by Porsche San Diego shocked me considering where they've been pricing their cars over the last few months. NEW, manual, Rubystar, PCCB, 18-ways and the "market adjustment" is $1,700. I honestly wonder if it's a mistake and they meant $333K.

Update: Called. Mistake. $90K ADM.
Haha funny, I just called and they told me $80K. They are getting a call every 10 minutes, they already knew what car I was asking about before even mentioning it. The market adjustment is the GG tax, just a listing error. It is a PTS car so maybe they can fetch the higher end of the touring range which is $60-80K over at the moment.

Last edited by WCGhost; 10-21-2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2022 | 07:32 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

I'm still predicting that the new cars will be down to MSRP (or lower) next year, and the used ones will be under MSRP. Just like before the pandemic.
The following 6 users liked this post by Manifold:
azzurri (10-23-2022), exliontamer (10-23-2022), Joe Cho (10-21-2022), silvertige (10-22-2022), WCGhost (10-21-2022), welikethetrack (10-21-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM