A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 12:23 PM
Duct Tape
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Honestly, who cares.

You can either afford these cars at the ask price, or market price, whatever it may be.

Or you can't.

Sitting behind your computer talking about prices just means you can't afford the car.

People who can afford these cars (at whatever prices) are buying them, driving them, and enjoying them.

Not sitting behind a computer typing about them.

Jeez, I make enough, and have enough put away, to comfortably buy several Porsches, Ferraris, Aston Martins, etc. Doesn’t mean I can’t find a value, and use, for the $50 -100K being discussed in several posts here. If nothing else I’ll add it to my grandkids education funds.
The following 3 users liked this post by Duct Tape:
azzurri (10-24-2022), neoprufrok (10-23-2022), WCGhost (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 12:31 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Duct Tape
Jeez, I make enough, and have enough put away, to comfortably buy several Porsches, Ferraris, Aston Martins, etc. Doesn’t mean I can’t find a value, and use, for the $50 -100K being discussed in several posts here. If nothing else I’ll add it to my grandkids education funds.
You worked hard. Go buy something fun!

for the guys in 30s, just wait a year or two. Porsche printed too many 991 and 992 gt3 that it will be msrp soon. Especially once 992.2 gt3 comes out, 992.1 gt3 will surely go under msrp.
The following 6 users liked this post by Ascend:
azzurri (10-24-2022), Duct Tape (10-23-2022), EMdoc (10-23-2022), usctrojanGT3 (10-23-2022), WCGhost (10-23-2022), welikethetrack (10-23-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-23-2022, 03:09 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
You worked hard. Go buy something fun!

for the guys in 30s, just wait a year or two. Porsche printed too many 991 and 992 gt3 that it will be msrp soon. Especially once 992.2 gt3 comes out, 992.1 gt3 will surely go under msrp.
But why would they suddenly lose $100k in value because a .2 version has been released? Is everyone suddenly able to buy the .2 version without a wait? Guess what, all those .2 versions are going to people with a .1.
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
Freddie Two Bs (10-24-2022), JAB12 (11-02-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 03:19 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shrimp money
But why would they suddenly lose $100k in value because a .2 version has been released? Is everyone suddenly able to buy the .2 version without a wait? Guess what, all those .2 versions are going to people with a .1.
Yes and all those .1 will be dumped by the guys who is buying .2 and it will over flood the market already overflooded by flippers.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ascend:
fijibubba (11-02-2022), WCGhost (10-23-2022), welikethetrack (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 06:07 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Yes and all those .1 will be dumped by the guys who is buying .2 and it will over flood the market already overflooded by flippers.
You'd think the 991.2 would be under MSRP now that the 992.1 has been out for quite some time. I don't think things are going to come down so easily/quickly. A lot of folks prefer the 991.2 to the 992 platform, and demand is still >>> supply.

If you are in no rush, I don't think it's bad advice to sit back and see how things play out. But I don't think it's a guarantee that prices come down significantly. And every month you keep waiting is another month you aren't driving an amazing sports car. How much can you smile staring at money in your bank/savings account? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old 10-23-2022, 06:23 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Your assumption is that there will be zero people in the USA that reach new financial situations that allow them to buy a 992 GT3.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 06:41 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

2016 gt3rs was over 400k and 911r was 700k, literally 24 months later they were 175 and 250 respectively

back then there were half the GT’s on the market.

I think you’ll be shocked how cheap all these Gt cars get over the next 24 months (mine included)
Old 10-23-2022, 06:55 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
2016 gt3rs was over 400k and 911r was 700k, literally 24 months later they were 175 and 250 respectively

back then there were half the GT’s on the market.

I think you’ll be shocked how cheap all these Gt cars get over the next 24 months (mine included)
We can agree to disagree. I think this is a unique market and situation that we have not seen before. I don't expect prices to come down substantially on Porsche GT cars. Run of the mill Tacomas and siennas, yes, but not speciality sports cars.

We are currently building a custom home, and even with rising costs and interest rates, demand is unreal and consumers are pushing forward aggressively.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:56 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rusmani
You'd think the 991.2 would be under MSRP now that the 992.1 has been out for quite some time. I don't think things are going to come down so easily/quickly. A lot of folks prefer the 991.2 to the 992 platform, and demand is still >>> supply.

If you are in no rush, I don't think it's bad advice to sit back and see how things play out. But I don't think it's a guarantee that prices come down significantly. And every month you keep waiting is another month you aren't driving an amazing sports car. How much can you smile staring at money in your bank/savings account? 🤷🏼‍♂️

There are many 991.2 gt3 cars pretty close to msrp. Also com'on guys you guys make it sound like you all have some sort of terminal illnesses and have to pay stupid amount of adm to drive a car. Just wait 1 year. Trust me.
The following 5 users liked this post by Ascend:
fijibubba (11-02-2022), ToasterThief (10-27-2022), usctrojanGT3 (10-23-2022), WCGhost (10-23-2022), welikethetrack (10-25-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 08:58 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rusmani
We can agree to disagree. I think this is a unique market and situation that we have not seen before. I don't expect prices to come down substantially on Porsche GT cars. Run of the mill Tacomas and siennas, yes, but not speciality sports cars.

We are currently building a custom home, and even with rising costs and interest rates, demand is unreal and consumers are pushing forward aggressively.

gt cars are also run of the mill sportscars too. Pag prints them out like crazy lol. Probably 997 is the one you guys should get.
WCGhost (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 09:01 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,141 Posts

There are many 991.2 gt3 cars pretty close to msrp. Also com'on guys you guys make it sound like you all have some sort of terminal illnesses and have to pay stupid amount of adm to drive a car. Just wait 1 year. Trust me.
We are all terminal…
Joe Cho (10-23-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 09:30 PM
rusmani
Racer

Doesnt have to be a stupid ADM, but I don't think it's unreasonable to pay a slight markup to get what you want now vs continuing to wait, especially in the face of quickly rising MSRPs. To each their own.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:46 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

• I was called by one dealer I had bought two cars from in the last year and he offered me a GT3 allocation at $65,000 over msrp - but I had never asked him for a GT3 allocation previously. Odd in that says his list of buy requests is empty and even at $65,000. I had just taken an allocation for a 911T at msrp that morning and I s really don’t need a track GT3 that would be way to uncomfortable on the street and I have an allocation on a c8 convertible also offered this week. Then another dealer declined to even make an offer on my 2022 GT4 ( too uncomfortable for my oversized body and I would rather put the money into my new 911 T that I fit inside of comfortably. On the GT4 he said” don’t want “that” kind of car here “now”.
  • the dealer that I declined on the GT3 then asked me if I would like to order a Taycon GTS.
my guess is prices on GT3 are headed down- more used ones getting listed for sale, dealers having loose allocations and dealers refusing to make bids on GT cars because they represent trying to catch a falling knife in terms of buying them into inventory.

Also a third dealer told me they were having new cars ( including sports cars sitting on the floor even at msrp) and they had used Porsche 911’s ( newer models) they had overpaid for and were likely to lose money on reselling.

My dealer with the T allocation told me that they as dealers “hate” paying over msrp for a near new vehicle. Oddly they don’t mind you paying over msrp.

I am pleased that I paid MSRP on my GT4 or it would hurt more to sell my GT4 to buy the 911 T.

Personally- I think there is a decent floor on Porsche sports cars at msrp or with a $2,000 courtesy discount for past customers with porsche sports cars. Essentially we are going to be back to pre-pandemic conditions if not already there- very soon.

Hopefully guys that paid $100,000 over msrp by putting down $30,000 (10%) can afford to lose $100,000 if they want to sell the car now. they will have to write their bank a fat check just to not own the car.

Banks repossess these cars and just want them sold today at auction before they decline even faster when dealers don’t want to buy them.

My logic is buy whatever car I can buy I buy with cash and then worse case I don’t get all my cash back when I sell the car.

My thought is if you love cars and can only afford to buy a new Mustang or Mini Cooper for cash then your risk is proportionate to your wealth. Don’t leverage into a car with a loan that could leave you underwater on a loan for a toy car you don’t need to get to work / - oh wait - to the job you had before getting laid off.

making a payment because you have the paycheck is not the same as the wealth to write a check for a toy car. You can lose your income by losing your job.

Values for toys are going back to pre Covid levels - including stocks and real estate and a porsche sports cars and Rolex watches. Watch the YouTube videos by Rolex watch dealers - clearly they are not bidding on watches into their inventory at this time- consignment only.

Rolex watches are headed back near their msrp values also really fast.

Moral is don’t pay above msrp and pay cash for toy cars, watches etc.

Buy your wife a van for the kids on time payments because she will drive it into the ground and it is necessary. No one “needs a GT3 at $100,000 over the already crazy price Porsche pegs the MSRP.

The values are not crashing just going back to levels before Covid handed out massive tax free money to business and professional practice owners and made everyone think they were going to die tomorrow.

The following 9 users liked this post by Targa32:
azzurri (10-24-2022), EMdoc (10-24-2022), Manifold (10-23-2022), rodsky (10-24-2022), RUF RS (10-23-2022), silvertige (10-24-2022), Turbo Racer (10-26-2022), usctrojanGT3 (10-23-2022), WCGhost (10-24-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-23-2022, 09:54 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Sold my 981 GT4 last month after 5 years of ownership for 2.5% less than the MSRP on a nicely equipped Sapphire Blue GT4 with PCCBs and LWBs.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:58 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by Targa32
  • I was called by one dealer I had bought two cars from in the last year and he offered me a GT3 allocation at $65,000 over msrp - but I had never asked him for a GT3 allocation previously. Odd in that says his list of buy requests is empty and even at $65,000. I had just taken an allocation for a 911T at msrp that morning and I s really don’t need a track GT3 that would be way to uncomfortable on the street and I have an allocation on a c8 convertible also offered this week. Then another dealer declined to even make an offer on my 2022 GT4 ( too uncomfortable for my oversized body and I would rather put the money into my new 911 T that I fit inside of comfortably. On the GT4 he said” don’t want “that” kind of car here “now”.
  • the dealer that I declined on the GT3 then asked me if I would like to order a Taycon GTS.
my guess is prices on GT3 are headed down- more used ones getting listed for sale, dealers having loose allocations and dealers refusing to make bids on GT cars because they represent trying to catch a falling knife in terms of buying them into inventory.

Also a third dealer told me they were having new cars ( including sports cars sitting on the floor even at msrp) and they had used Porsche 911’s ( newer models) they had overpaid for and were likely to lose money on reselling.

My dealer with the T allocation told me that they as dealers “hate” paying over msrp for a near new vehicle. Oddly they don’t mind you paying over msrp.

I am pleased that I paid MSRP on my GT4 or it would hurt more to sell my GT4 to buy the 911 T.

Personally- I think there is a decent floor on Porsche sports cars at msrp or with a $2,000 courtesy discount for past customers with porsche sports cars. Essentially we are going to be back to pre-pandemic conditions if not already there- very soon.

Hopefully guys that paid $100,000 over msrp by putting down $30,000 (10%) can afford to lose $100,000 if they want to sell the car now. they will have to write their bank a fat check just to not own the car.

Banks repossess these cars and just want them sold today at auction before they decline even faster when dealers don’t want to buy them.

My logic is buy whatever car I can buy I buy with cash and then worse case I don’t get all my cash back when I sell the car.

My thought is if you love cars and can only afford to buy a new Mustang or Mini Cooper for cash then your risk is proportionate to your wealth. Don’t leverage into a car with a loan that could leave you underwater on a loan for a toy car you don’t need to get to work / - oh wait - to the job you had before getting laid off.

making a payment because you have the paycheck is not the same as the wealth to write a check for a toy car. You can lose your income by losing your job.

Values for toys are going back to pre Covid levels - including stocks and real estate and a porsche sports cars and Rolex watches. Watch the YouTube videos by Rolex watch dealers - clearly they are not bidding on watches into their inventory at this time- consignment only.

Rolex watches are headed back near their msrp values also really fast.

Moral is don’t pay above msrp and pay cash for toy cars, watches etc.

Buy your wife a van for the kids on time payments because she will drive it into the ground and it is necessary. No one “needs a GT3 at $100,000 over the already crazy price Porsche pegs the MSRP.

The values are not crashing just going back to levels before Covid handed out massive tax free money to business and professional practice owners and made everyone think they were going to die tomorrow.
Interesting that someone just paid 90k over on a used GT3 when they apparently could have had their own new spec for 65k (or perhaps less with negotiation considering there was no one else interested):

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor

Also interesting that the dealer flat out wouldn't make you an offer on your gt4 because they "don't want it there now". I can get that they wouldn't want to give you over MSRP on it, but why didn't they at least offer you 25k under MSRP and see if you bite? Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM