Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021 | 04:10 PM
Southbranch
Pro

The stop sale order said that it applied to certain cars in each dealer's inventory, which were identified by VIN. It also applied to future-acquired inventory, identified in the stop sale order by model, year, equipment, etc. It does not apply to customers cars, since they aren't in a dealer's inventory.
The following 2 users liked this post by Southbranch:
Brian E (01-21-2021), tjg81296 (01-25-2021)
Old 01-21-2021 | 05:30 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by Southbranch
The stop sale order said that it applied to certain cars in each dealer's inventory, which were identified by VIN. It also applied to future-acquired inventory, identified in the stop sale order by model, year, equipment, etc. It does not apply to customers cars, since they aren't in a dealer's inventory.
This makes sense and explains why nothing would show up if you called a dealer with your VIN.
Old 01-21-2021 | 05:57 PM
My991
Racer

Originally Posted by Southbranch
If your VIN is in the Porsche database they know about it. If the car is traded to at a P dealer it’ll go out to the back lot until this campaign is over and later sold as CPO.
Old 01-21-2021 | 06:45 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by My991
If your VIN is in the Porsche database they know about it. If the car is traded to at a P dealer it’ll go out to the back lot until this campaign is over and later sold as CPO.
When I called the dealer and gave them my VIN, nothing showed up and the guy knew nothing about it. My car should be one effected 2016 GTS.
Old 01-25-2021 | 09:45 AM
My991
Racer

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?;[url=tel:17179820
17179820[/url]]When I called the dealer and gave them my VIN, nothing showed up and the guy knew nothing about it. My car should be one effected 2016 GTS.
When I called my dealer, they knew my name and VIN by phone number BTW, and were aware of the campaign but asked how I learned about this. They said they would give me FMV and sell it CPO later. There are lists of the affected models posted on this thread and other information. Try calling another dealer.
Old 01-25-2021 | 11:29 AM
tomekz
Racer

When I called my dealer, they knew my name and VIN by phone number BTW, and were aware of the campaign but asked how I learned about this. They said they would give me FMV and sell it CPO later. There are lists of the affected models posted on this thread and other information. Try calling another dealer.
I hope it's FMV vs trade in value...

FMV has been going up for over a year now.... lol
Old 01-25-2021 | 11:36 AM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Suncoast has (2) 2014 991 SC PDK available and TPA has one. May be that the VIN is not on the list.
They can list them, they just can't sell them. I've inquired on a few and they stated they're available, but can't be sold right now.
Old 01-25-2021 | 12:28 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Perhaps I asked the wrong person but my dealer didnt know anything, or wasn't going to tell me. Only thing they said was they cant sell a car with open recall which we already know
Old 01-25-2021 | 12:34 PM
SConn
Drifting

If you are trying to infer that I've never been to this dealer because they didn't instantly pull me up by my phone number, your assumption would be wrong. I don't have any Porsche dealer within 200 miles of me, so I've actually utilized the three different dealers nearest me for various reasons.. Namely the recalls and an oil change once, as we prefer to do our own, but I figured while it was there I might as well pay 5x's as much and have an oil change reported on my Carfax 🙄.

​​​​​​Suncoast is who I called regarding the VIN search. And it is also my favorite of the three I've used. I've called them before and my number pulled up my info. Not sure why when I was transferred to service this time, I had to give my VIN to the guy. I didn't over analyze it I guess...
Old 01-25-2021 | 02:11 PM
My991
Racer

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?;[url=tel:17187832
17187832[/url]]If you are trying to infer that I've never been to this dealer because they didn't instantly pull me up by my phone number, your assumption would be wrong. I don't have any Porsche dealer within 200 miles of me, so I've actually utilized the three different dealers nearest me for various reasons.. Namely the recalls and an oil change once, as we prefer to do our own, but I figured while it was there I might as well pay 5x's as much and have an oil change reported on my Carfax 🙄.

​​​​​​Suncoast is who I called regarding the VIN search. And it is also my favorite of the three I've used. I've called them before and my number pulled up my info. Not sure why when I was transferred to service this time, I had to give my VIN to the guy. I didn't over analyze it I guess...
Fairly certain that if you are registered to the VIN in the Porsche database it’ll pull up your information. I never talked to Service, it was a sales person that was well aware of the campaign. Not crazy about Suncoast, the P side come off as snobby over there so even though I’m only 3 miles away I don’t bother with them.
Old 01-25-2021 | 02:12 PM
My991
Racer

Originally Posted by B Russ;[url=tel:17187819
17187819[/url]]Perhaps I asked the wrong person but my dealer didnt know anything, or wasn't going to tell me. Only thing they said was they cant sell a car with open recall which we already know
This campaign doesn’t show up on the recall list.
Old 01-25-2021 | 02:43 PM
thebrit86
Advanced

Are you in Wenatchee/Chelan or Tri Cities?

I have a farm in the Entiat Valley

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
If you are trying to infer that I've never been to this dealer because they didn't instantly pull me up by my phone number, your assumption would be wrong. I don't have any Porsche dealer within 200 miles of me, so I've actually utilized the three different dealers nearest me for various reasons.. Namely the recalls and an oil change once, as we prefer to do our own, but I figured while it was there I might as well pay 5x's as much and have an oil change reported on my Carfax 🙄.

Old 01-25-2021 | 02:54 PM
SConn
Drifting

Fairly certain that if you are registered to the VIN in the Porsche database it’ll pull up your information. I never talked to Service, it was a sales person that was well aware of the campaign. Not crazy about Suncoast, the P side come off as snobby over there so even though I’m only 3 miles away I don’t bother with them.
​​​​​​I asked for service right away and was transferred by whoever answered. When I asked about the campaign he asked for my VIN, I gave it, and he said there was nothing open and hadn't heard anything about a stop sale. I was curious more than anything. I really don't care that much. My car is listed as effected, so I assume it is, but have no plans to get rid of it any time soon. Just don't want it neutered if that's the solution in the end.
I actually like Suncoast and Bellevue better than Spokane. I am sure I'm in the system at this point, but I didn't buy my car at a Pcar dealer. Got it at BMW Seattle.

Who do you use if not Suncoast?

Old 01-25-2021 | 02:55 PM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by thebrit86
Are you in Wenatchee/Chelan or Tri Cities?

I have a farm in the Entiat Valley
Tri-Cities 😊
Old 01-27-2021 | 04:51 PM
tlloydsf
5th Gear

Press coverage on the issue is now here: https://www.businessinsider.com/pors...anamera-2021-1
The following users liked this post:
BGLeduc (01-27-2021)

Quick Reply: Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?