Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 12:37 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
What does Sport Chrono have to do with the transmission if the allegation is they swapped the trans in test cars. All SC does is change the shift points as far as the PDK goes. It changes the throttle maps, yada, yada, yada but Porsche explicitly says it does all these things in their marketing, no secret there. Does SC change the engine tune so it defeats emissions to get an unadvertised bump in performance, or is it as simple as some a**hole is suing because he doesn't get the the advertised MPG with SC on?

Also, the smart money negotiates down due to the uncertainties of the stop/sale and the collects their check as current owner of their diminished valued car.
Looks like SC and transmission gearing are separate issues. https://www.rueden.de/blog/abgasskan...puliert-haben/ (Full disclosure - from a German legal firm)

"The rule violations are likely to be expensive, especially in America. There, Porsche AG is not only threatened with fines for manipulating the gearbox to reduce CO 2 levels. The group has already had to admit that the statutory NOx limit values ​​are not complied with in certain test cycles during the “Sport plus” driving mode".

Unsure why the transmission gearing claim would apply only to SC cars.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:53 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Seems that for the PDK, launch control is the main difference between SC and non-SC cars, right ?

Personally, only tried Sports+ only once and never did launch control. Don't know why those YouTube test reviewers are so keen in using that. Does not highlight your driving skills

Last edited by visitador; 12-05-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:15 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 619 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Seems that for the PDK, launch control is the main difference between SC and non-SC cars, right ?

Personally, only tried Sports+ only once and never did launch control. Don't know why those YouTube test reviewers are so keen in using that. Does not highlight your driving skills
agree. launch control is just letting the computer drive. might as well just play xbox.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:16 PM
beut1
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I’m not sure if this about the same thing or..?

But I can

I hope this is legible enough? I scanned it and resized it. But being in my phone it’s a bit hard to gauge the size. Let me know if it’s too small and I can re-upload it.

not recall any other reason why they would want to work on my car free of charge and I did notice how they don’t mention what exactly the problem is that needs to be fixed on my car. I’ve called twice but nobody has returned my call.
I think these are sneaky tactics they’re displaying..
Old 12-05-2020, 01:27 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by beut1
But I can

I hope this is legible enough? I scanned it and resized it. But being in my phone it’s a bit hard to gauge the size. Let me know if it’s too small and I can re-upload it.

not recall any other reason why they would want to work on my car free of charge and I did notice how they don’t mention what exactly the problem is that needs to be fixed on my car. I’ve called twice but nobody has returned my call.

Have you have the Heat Shield Service Bulletin completed on your car?

Heat Shield Recall - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Last edited by shammerman; 12-05-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:30 PM
beut1
8th Gear

Originally Posted by shammerman

Have you have the Heat Shield Service Bulletin completed on your car?
I have not. I didn’t know anything about it? When did this bulletin go out? Thank you for informing me!

...my bad! I just saw your link. Thank you!

Last edited by beut1; 12-05-2020 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Didn’t see the link
Old 12-05-2020, 01:34 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

I have not. I didn’t know anything about it? When did this bulletin go out? Thank you for informing me!

...my bad! I just saw your link. Thank you!
I think it was May or even before. It was not (e-) mailed out to all owners though. I learned about it here and was confirmed by the dealer so I took mine in to be taken care of. There were two service bulletins issued at the same time and since they were not recalls they do not come up on the data base search.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:50 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador

How else would you launch a PDK car?
The following users liked this post:
uphoto (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:51 PM
beut1
8th Gear

Originally Posted by shammerman
I think it was May or even before. It was not (e-) mailed out to all owners though. I learned about it here and was confirmed by the dealer so I took mine in to be taken care of. There were two service bulletins issued at the same time and since they were not recalls they do not come up on the data base search.
looks like I will be having to make another call to dealer or customer care in Atlanta. I’ve become friendly with the lady that works the customer care dept. She’s great. And has been more informative and helpful than my own dealer. Whenever I’ve had a problem I contact her and she then contacts my service dept for me and gets it done. Needless to say I’ve had several problems with my car.
I am so glad you told me about this. I would have never known. Thank you so much!
shammerman (12-06-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:08 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,634 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Originally Posted by pfan
” The group has already had to admit that the statutory NOx limit values ​​are not complied with in certain test cycles during the “Sport plus” driving mode".
And there we have it. It all depends on *if* by *regulation* the tests had to be passed in Normal, Sport and Sport+ mode at *at the time* of certification. If not this is ex post facto.
Rich_Jenkins (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Is there a way to read the bild.de article without an account in English?

bild.de article
Old 12-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Goldenappple
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JTT, I promise.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:00 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

But I can

That's most likely they heat shield campaign. That's been out for months. Probably has nothing to do with the stop sale order.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:26 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 166 Posts

It would be interesting to put my 7spd '16 GTS which is totally stock on one of the smog check machines here in Kalifornia and see if passes. I bet it would. I certainly don't plan on giving it back to Porsche for some cr*ppy wholesale payout of $75K.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:05 AM
Frank996

Received 146 Likes on 51 Posts

I bet that not one single Porsche buyer gives a flying f about emission numbers, before, during and/or after a potential purchase, otherwise the potential buyer would be over at the Tesla dealer or looking for a Prius.

Question: On the actual emission tests at the release of the models in question, I gather someone at state level would have done physical tests and signed these off rather than just stamping "Approved" on some document supplied by a manufacturer - or are car manufacturers model specific emissions certificates signed off by, erh, the manufacture?

I have not heard or seen anything from the otherwise trigger happy EU so far, and they will pull the trigger when the opportunity rises when it comes to anything close to green/environmental causes.

Neither have I seen/heard anything from Greta so I guess we can breath easily for the time being...
96redLT4 (12-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?