Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 06:45 PM
spiderspider
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your policework, there, Lou.
The following users liked this post:
Rich_Jenkins (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Porschejam
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Of course it is. Read this Porsche emissionscheating and simply google it. Conflating means putting them together. Exact same people doing it? Probably not. Big company. Same culture that permeates the company? Absolutely.

I'd put money on it that it's the exact same deal as Dieselgate....or not too far off. The heavy hand of a stop-sale is not because some bureaucrat t doesn't like the popping noise of the exhaust.

That's an allegation. Written by some lawyers in California. Surely you know the difference between an allegation and proof.

Analyzing people's motivations based on the scarce information we have is probably above anyone here's pay grade or abilities.

I did watch a bit of your Netflix documentary. Wow, what a propaganda piece. The Hitler film clips were a bit heavy-handed. I will finish watching it, but it's not like those folks don't have an agenda.

Last edited by Porschejam; 12-03-2020 at 06:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PJK3 (12-09-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 06:57 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

It seems to me that the "key" here is if the specified Porsche models "cheat" testing in Normal mode or in Sport/Sport+ mode. If the former then why is the stop-sale linked to SC?

If only in Sport/Sport+ mode then why is it even an issue since neither Sport or Sport+ would have been activated by default under any testing condition?

If non-SC-equipped models didn't "cheat" in normal mode, why would SC-equipped models need to "cheat" in normal mode?

I find no references to use of the mode switch in the lawsuit. (Although I have not yet done a slow, exhaustive reading of it.)

So why is the lawsuit linked to the stop-sale?

It would appear that the lawsuit is independent of SC and therefor of the stop-sale based upon what I see.

More questions than answers here.
The following 3 users liked this post by worf928:
Porsche911GTS'16 (12-03-2020), Rich_Jenkins (12-03-2020), shammerman (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Southbranch
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
. . . . So why is the lawsuit linked to the stop-sale?

It would appear that the lawsuit is independent of SC and therefor of the stop-sale based upon what I see.

More questions than answers here.
There is nothing in the lawsuit or the stop sale that explicitly connects them. All we have is speculation here so far.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:07 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

I have the inside information on the SC issue. The folks in CA are pissed off the the SC clock misses 2 seconds every 1000 years.
The following 7 users liked this post by 991carreradriver:
acwild70 (12-03-2020), Class5Kayaker (12-04-2020), edirtaynine (12-04-2020), Explorer16 (12-03-2020), PJK3 (12-09-2020), Porsche911GTS'16 (12-03-2020), Porschejam (12-04-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Porschejam
Instructor

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I have the inside information on the SC issue. The folks in CA are pissed off the the SC clock misses 2 seconds every 1000 years.
That certainly explains why people would want to sell their cars back to the corporation.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:59 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver

That, and the SC clock failed to pay its exorbitant taxes on time.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:48 AM
It'sGoTime
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was blissfully unaware of this stop sale campaign, and I went to a local dealer to test a 991.1 GTS last week. Got a call today that they have had to take it off the market until the campaign is over. When asked for how long that would be, the speculation was 6 months, who knows. I was told this only applies to authorized Porsche dealers, however, so if I truly wanted such a car I could buy it private party or from another dealer. Too bad, but I've also been looking at 992s anyways, so we'll see what my next Porsche turns out to be.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:03 AM
Southbranch
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 133 Posts

I wonder how many customers who come in to a Porsche dealer looking for a late model used 911 end up getting switched to a shiny new 992 because of the stop sale campaign. I also wonder if the dealers are wholesaling affected cars they take in on trade instead of holding them until the stop is lifted.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:20 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,274 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by It'sGoTime
I was blissfully unaware of this stop sale campaign, and I went to a local dealer to test a 991.1 GTS last week. Got a call today that they have had to take it off the market until the campaign is over. When asked for how long that would be, the speculation was 6 months, who knows. I was told this only applies to authorized Porsche dealers, however, so if I truly wanted such a car I could buy it private party or from another dealer. Too bad, but I've also been looking at 992s anyways, so we'll see what my next Porsche turns out to be.
Be patient, I suspect the worst case scenario is the GTS will be .5 seconds slower after the fix and 1% cheaper.

Worth waiting for no?
Old 12-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Porschejam
Instructor

Seems to me that in the short term, this will actually push UP the values.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:26 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Southbranch
I wonder how many customers who come in to a Porsche dealer looking for a late model used 911 end up getting switched to a shiny new 992 because of the stop sale campaign. I also wonder if the dealers are wholesaling affected cars they take in on trade instead of holding them until the stop is lifted.
Well I guess stop sale would include wholesale/auction? Presumably they are stuck with these cars in inventory until this plays out?

That means private party sales are now at a premium as you cant buy them anywhere else (if you are prepared to take the 'risk' - whatever that is)

Last edited by spiderv6; 12-04-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:35 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 128 Posts

Interesting events unfold everyday related to this thread. My dealer in CA just listed (within days) a 2016 Carrera s, with PDK and sport chrono. I read the description and then looked at the interior photos to be sure.

Tom in Reno
Old 12-04-2020, 01:36 PM
RYE
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
Well I guess stop sale would include wholesale/auction? Presumably they are stuck with these cars in inventory until this plays out?

That means private party sales are now at a premium as you cant buy them anywhere else (if you are prepared to take the 'risk' - whatever that is)
Originally Posted by Porschejam
Seems to me that in the short term, this will actually push UP the values.
If you are a buyer, would you really be willing to pay a premium or use the current situation to negotiate the price down?

I think prices will be more or less constant or slightly less until more is understood. I also think buyers will be looking at newer cars.

I also read on German news sites that new owners, purchased used car after the issue was made public, will not be entitled for compensation because the knew (correctly or incorrectly) of the issue beforehand. I believe that is why Porsche had to put sale on hold.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:39 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschejam
That's an allegation. Written by some lawyers in California. Surely you know the difference between an allegation and proof.

Analyzing people's motivations based on the scarce information we have is probably above anyone here's pay grade or abilities.

I did watch a bit of your Netflix documentary. Wow, what a propaganda piece. The Hitler film clips were a bit heavy-handed. I will finish watching it, but it's not like those folks don't have an agenda.
Allegation? No offense but you must be kidding. Porsche has launched an internal investigation about emissions cheating and they can't even sell the cars affected. Then a class-action lawsuit gets filed. The only difference between this and Dieselgate is that these are gasoline engines. And nobody has gone to prison yet as they did in Dieselgate. And that after being caught trying to hide the cheat like they did in the Volkswagon case that they won't even try this time. Just roll over. They already got fined on the Porsche diesel debacle.

As to the Netflix story being a propaganda piece, please. Volkswagon used propaganda with Clean Diesel. Nothing in that story was untrue and the more you study it the worse it gets, especially for people that live in the EU where Volkswagon tried like hell to minimize their responsibilities to the customers they lied to.

How they are trying to evade responsibility in Europe Dieselgate five years on: VW still stalling

Car and Driver article Everything you need to know

Wikipedia Wikipedia

While I'm not a fan of attornies profiteering, I'm also not a fan of my $160k car being negatively affected. Nothing positive about this.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono?