Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:17 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Remind me never to take mine to your WOF place! Kind of makes sense if it is streaming out but in all the old dungers I've had at times (thinking of Lada Nivas, Hillman Hunters, Mitsi Pajeros etc) I've never been pinged on boots or gaskets. Tyres are legal to 1.6mm 2/3 width but I've noticed AA testing keen to try and fail them if under 3. Safer of course. Postnote: I see it may be more PM than WOF if at CCS.
I was parked next to you this morning. Clearly too late for the warning... Mine wasn't in for a WoF, but did add it to the job I had booked as an afterthought. I'm happy to pay for the replacement of the CV boot. Gasket can wait, don't expect it's anything of significance, can address if need be. Need to source tyres, was more wear than I realized, amazed I chewed through them so quickly. Clearly too many spirited drives on the weekend

Last edited by nzskater; 06-17-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:11 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the man-hug Macca, but I have enough issues with Pete finding half a second during the course of the day.............

Next time he will probably be into the mid- 16's............

Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^^

Paul. Don't worry about Pete :-). When he breaks into the 1.16's go buy some Z214s....failing that throw out the cabin furniture - everyone else seems too LOL!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:21 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I like your sense of humour Paul
Man hug?? no no that was just a hug!!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:28 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Thanks for the man-hug Macca, but I have enough issues with Pete finding half a second during the course of the day.............

me, I'm just jealous of those who got the course of the day...

... but TBH still stoked with at least making qualifying and one full session + a wet one (sorry guys).
Old 06-17-2014, 04:04 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan and I have a deal that we'll only start looking to take weight out once I'm in the 16's. Nice to have that up the sleeve. When you compare mine and Chris's engine bays you can see just how much crap I still have left - plus the electric windows and the underside of the dash. Probably a whole load of electrics, unnecessary slider for the seat, the list goes on.

So Paul - next time I'm coming for you - Herman and Lola style!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:12 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
So Paul - next time I'm coming for you - Herman and Lola style!
Look forward to it mate.............
Old 06-17-2014, 04:35 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Macca, I have ben playing with the KWV3 settings. Next track day I have a plan to go all out in trialling the full range of settings to understand the difference they make and then playing with the ultimate track setting. That's the plan at the moment. Unless Herman needs a hurry up :-P
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 AM
mjg
Pro

What alignment are you running on track, Doug?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug. Sorry. Last time we spoke of it you were at that time leaving them how they had been set up. Not sure if you have adjustable roll bars. If so set them neutral (middle hole) and play with compression and rebound before exploring the ARBs. The bars can make alot of difference good and bad - best first to nail the dampening. Paul discovered with fixed bars that stiffening the rear pretty much won him half a second earlier in the month. Youll want to keep the front a bit softer to counter under-steer especially if you have a slippery diff. Theres definitely time to be won here. I got my dampers nailed for road and tracks some time ago but now have to start playing with the ARBs which is a bit more fiddly...
Old 06-17-2014, 04:45 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by mjg
What alignment are you running on track, Doug?
I haven't played with the alignment... It's still set to how you had it setup.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. Sorry. Last time we spoke of it you were at that time leaving them how they had been set up. Not sure if you have adjustable roll bars. If so set them neutral (middle hole) and play with compression and rebound before exploring the ARBs. The bars can make alot of difference good and bad - best first to nail the dampening. Paul discovered with fixed bars that stiffening the rear pretty much won him half a second earlier in the month. Youll want to keep the front a bit softer to counter under-steer especially if you have a slippery diff. Theres definitely time to be won here. I got my dampers nailed for road and tracks some time ago but now have to start playing with the ARBs which is a bit more fiddly...
Thanks Macca. From memory my roll bars have two settings and I think they're set on the soft setting.

I might need to hire some Dan time at the track to help me play with and figure this stuff out.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Look forward to it mate.............
Paul. Dont listen to him, hes jealous hes not an award winning driver LOL! Ill give you my lucky BUBU when Im back in July. It made from the chin hair of my house girl and its good for a few tenths. If its looking close let me know and Ill drag out the VOODOO guy. Actually I might just give you one of my VOODOO RACING stickers to put the curse on the opposition...Jo said it was more catchy than LESBOTIC RACING INc
Attached Images   
Old 06-17-2014, 04:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
I haven't played with the alignment... It's still set to how you had it setup.
Doug. Take it to Pete Alder and ask for some good track camber/toe suggestions. I reckon youll have half a second there very cheap....
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Macca, I have ben playing with the KWV3 settings. Next track day I have a plan to go all out in trialling the full range of settings to understand the difference they make and then playing with the ultimate track setting. That's the plan at the moment. Unless Herman needs a hurry up :-P
I thought you were respecting Lola's dotage and moving back to the Boxster?

Herman is getting a slow down. Just ordered the PFC pads. Now to find a vent kit.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?