Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 03:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Coil overs are next on my list. Dave should have Endless pads in the car by now so we may see some more aggressive runs tomorrow. What's the Puke / HD difference?
Attached Images   
Old 01-25-2014, 04:05 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Geepers Macca - a long time since your car looked like this??
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I only held the fastest air cooled lap for about 10min's. Once Sean got up to speed, I was toast. I think Sean is circulating in mid 16's.

Dave the 'sand bagger' should be circulating in low 18's or high 17's given he has coil overs and 100kg less than than the C4's.

Macca - I never get tired of looking at the detailing on you car mate. The harder you look - the more you can see what you have done.

[/QUOTE]
Steady on! I was never in this for the max attack all out on the edge hot lap!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:06 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Thanks for the thought. It's too similar to what I have to have a second version of much the same thing. And I'd want to track it. It would be much better than both of our cars due to its setup. While a nice "investment" and brilliant drive, I need a DD, can drop the roof at the press of a button on nice days like today. I reckon it just doesn't suit our rapidly changeable climate as a DD. Perfect for California.

And in terms of colours I'd go for white with black vents, wheels etc.... I think this model looks best in these colours.

I quite like this http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true
Just followed a white one up Portland Rd - luckily roof was up!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://imgur.com/PZHyRkb

Looking forward to seeing your 964 there tomorrow Chris. We may have a white, red, black x2 line up. Here's a taster of how the white decal looks, not too fussed with the red ones yet so I've sent them back for a redo. Is tomorrow anything to do with Garry and playday? Reason I ask is that I usually borrow a helmet from him and haven't got to the stage of buying one yet. If Garry's not around I don't suppose anyone has a spare?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

There's a rennsport tee in it for whoever can help out!
http://imgur.com/qjmIPJf

I had these done as a test so I'll be keen to see what you guys think and maybe we can put an order together.

Sam
Old 01-25-2014, 08:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes, it is a Playday event. They should have helmets there. I'll put my spare in the car just in case.

Like the decal. I think Matt is bringing some non RSG HD ones as well. I'll be running out of windows at this rate.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Good one john thanks, lucky you've got a few windows to work with in your collection. what are you thinking coilovers wise. I ended up going with the kwv3s over the pss10s after talking to kevin and hearing about the ability to change the settings more individually. Also the ability to go lower than the 20mm Bilstein drop should I want it is appealing. saying all that, The pss10s are on special at design 911 and carnewal at the moment.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:44 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
http://imgur.com/PZHyRkb Looking forward to seeing your 964 there tomorrow Chris. We may have a white, red, black x2 line up. Here's a taster of how the white decal looks, not too fussed with the red ones yet so I've sent them back for a redo. Is tomorrow anything to do with Garry and playday? Reason I ask is that I usually borrow a helmet from him and haven't got to the stage of buying one yet. If Garry's not around I don't suppose anyone has a spare?
Decal looks great - hopefully reds work out as well. See you tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Macca, all that preventative maintenance, and all those new parts = surely your car is up for a few extra k's to join us for the SITT touring legs through Lewis and Arthur's pass? This is a bucket list event like you say. It needn't be fast, that is not the point. I'm happy to cruise and enjoy the amazing scenery and experience. When did you last go through these pieces of beauty in your soal car?
Doug. I built my car to survive the Targa and the SITT so its not miles Im concerned about. I think youve driven behind me on the road so youll know its not speed that worries me. I can drive all day no problem.

However, Im the only guy taking their wife on this journey. No issues there but you may not be aware aware my wife underwent an unsuccessful spinal fusion and bone graft in 2012 and now lives a life on oxycontin and oxynorm. Shes good for about 3-4 hrs seat time a day in the 993. I have to be a bit concious of that. Shes fine with speed (to a point) and the car can take the miles but my wife cant take the car and teh miles. Even the 991 GT3 we couldnt travel more than 3-4 hours a day - my big 7 hour runs were alone...
Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Good one john thanks, lucky you've got a few windows to work with in your collection. what are you thinking coilovers wise. I ended up going with the kwv3s over the pss10s after talking to kevin and hearing about the ability to change the settings more individually. Also the ability to go lower than the 20mm Bilstein drop should I want it is appealing. saying all that, The pss10s are on special at design 911 and carnewal at the moment.
I'm waiting on someone to do the hard yards so I can coast on their nickel. How much are the Kws?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:02 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. I built my car to survive the Targa and the SITT so its not miles Im concerned about. I think youve driven behind me on the road so youll know its not speed that worries me. I can drive all day no problem. However, Im the only guy taking their wife on this journey. No issues there but you may not be aware aware my wife underwent an unsuccessful spinal fusion and bone graft in 2012 and now lives a life on oxycontin and oxynorm. Shes good for about 3-4 hrs seat time a day in the 993. I have to be a bit concious of that. Shes fine with speed (to a point) and the car can take the miles but my wife cant take the car and teh miles. Even the 991 GT3 we couldnt travel more than 3-4 hours a day - my big 7 hour runs were alone...
Right, gotya. That's such a bugger for her. How's she going to cope with the long rush trip back to Auckland from Wellington or will you put her on a plane from Chch to akl?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

French branded Valium from Vanuatu seems to work OK. Ive left it to her to decide if she wants to fly. Or she may drive part of the way to help (sitting prone is worse). Well have to wait and see. With Jo's its very much a how it is on the day thing. Sometimes shes in alot of pain and sometimes she isnt so we we usually make calls on the day...
Old 01-25-2014, 10:45 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

This only got posted on Facebook today, not sure where it was last week:

http://live.hamptondowns.com
Old 01-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Geepers Macca - a long time since your car looked like this??
Mate thats a blast from the past!

Pretty sure that look (Look # 2) was between 2004-2010. Hard back sport seats and Sport Design GT3 alloys 18" with standard bumper. I really liked that look and Im thinking of going back to standard bumper again maybe next year (Look # 4) - different wheels too (getting a bit bored with the current ones), just cant find any I like better right now....Ill use the new OZ HLTs for track wheels only.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?