Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Paul - this will make you smile... may even stop you tracking her...!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...uality/1984221
Yes $40k seems to be the benchmark for good c3's in the UK. i saw a blue one advertised for the same money.

All the mid 70's 911's are starting to go ballistic in price.....
Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yes $40k seems to be the benchmark for good c3's in the UK. i saw a blue one advertised for the same money. All the mid 70's 911's are starting to go ballistic in price.....
Time to pool float and start investing...

I've been in Denver for 48 hrs and only seen one p-car (a 996 c2). Feeling somewhat detached.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I also seem to have had a very consistent day, which dispels the theories I had after the last effort. Fastest session times were:

Session 1 = 1.22.619

Session 2 = 1.22.507

Session 3 = 1.22.300

Session 4 = 1.23.196

Session 5 = 1.21.448

Session 6 = 1.21.885
Well done John. You are smoking it now. I can see the 964T and 996TT being traded for a 997 GT3..........
Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Time to pool float and start investing... I've been in Denver for 48 hrs and only seen one p-car (a 996 c2). Feeling somewhat detached.
Welcome to the land of Subaru's and Audi Quattros! You'll likely see your share of Cayenne's, but few 911's - esp now.

Spending your next month between 1800-4200 meters, you'll experience how SLOW a naturally aspirated car can get. Turbos rule up top.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:42 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Well done John. You are smoking it now. I can see the 964T and 996TT being traded for a 997 GT3..........
It's a good feeling to improve that much AND know where the next second needs to come from. I know I still have a journey as the faster straight speeds are forcing me to rework my previous favourite part (I started to overshoot turn 2 and get ugly into turn 3), however I'm not sure where the end game is. Sprints will come next, but I can see it ending up as a 964 fest. The C4 as my DD and a 964 race car, like Steve's, Sean's etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:10 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The good news amongst all this is that after the first 4 hours baby has been great
I'm just back from holiday and catching the news. Congratulations Michael. Not exactly the choice of processes but great final result. Look forward to meeting the little guy. My boy was three months old when he went for a ride in my then new to me Porsche.

Happy NY everyone.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:33 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a good feeling to improve that much AND know where the next second needs to come from. I know I still have a journey as the faster straight speeds are forcing me to rework my previous favourite part (I started to overshoot turn 2 and get ugly into turn 3), however I'm not sure where the end game is. Sprints will come next, but I can see it ending up as a 964 fest. The C4 as my DD and a 964 race car, like Steve's, Sean's etc.
Exciting to think about what is next. I've been wondering the same. Track days are getting a little bit monotonous (well at the same track all the time that is) which means eventually we will move on to racing or loose interest. Much better not to loose interest but progress the passion further. As I found with photography, as long as you are challenged and developing it is a thrill. When you can't improve yourself any further, hit a limit or a rut, you need to find another level to aim for.

Next HD track day I'd like to try and setup our order of departure so we can do some chasing. That gets me buzzing more than timing.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
I'm just back from holiday and catching the news. Congratulations Michael. Not exactly the choice of processes but great final result. Look forward to meeting the little guy. My boy was three months old when he went for a ride in my then new to me Porsche. Happy NY everyone.
Happy New Year Jason.

Any news on the Turbo? Tony told us he had test driven Mr. Black. Are you still going to do the occasional track day?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 PM
O2GO
Drifting

I've not really lusted for an old Targa before, but this one and the angle does it for me. What do you reckon?
Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

A red C2 would look good in your garage.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:06 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
I've not really lusted for an old Targa before, but this one and the angle does it for me. What do you reckon?
I love the old targas - more of a pain to look after with the extra seals and not as rigid as a coupe but I do like the look. And that green is WOW! One in the rear of the pic is not bad either....
Old 01-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Maxem
Drifting

You got it Doug. You will be doing a longhood soon, money on that. I went to HD yesterday as a spectator and had a great day. Very lucky to get taken out in Steve's early Gulf car, then the 964 version. The early car was lovely, the 964 was a brute. I could have gone around all day in the oldy and it was quite fast. The 964 I was happy to get out of! It was on another level. Then, a chap whom I've never met turns up in an old T and lets me take that for a drive. How about that? Impressions? Steve's white RS rep was a blast, set up quite firm and has done a few miles so is a bit bang crash but its a workhorse. The LHD thing and 915 box with Carrera power sets it apart. The early Gulf car (as a passenger) made me giggle a bit. It is so small and light and darty and Steve was a master on the controls to get the best from it. The T was quite soft no doubt because of the springy seats and the road setup. Lovely as is with more power than standard. The vision for a longhood has formed for my new project over the holidays and its time to crack into it.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
A red C2 would look good in your garage.
Current thinking is to put a carport on our parking pad, which gives two more covered spots. Sounds good until you get to stage 2, which is to convert the 670 sq foot garage to a single bedroom unit for our eventual downsizing (determined to do some long sojourns in the future).

As for the C2, it needs to be out there showing us C4 owners what the penalty is for carrying 100kg extra around the track
Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Current thinking is to put a carport on our parking pad, which gives two more covered spots. Sounds good until you get to stage 2, which is to convert the 670 sq foot garage to a single bedroom unit for our eventual downsizing (determined to do some long sojourns in the future).

As for the C2, it needs to be out there showing us C4 owners what the penalty is for carrying 100kg extra around the track
It would if the driver was any good
Old 01-11-2014, 06:24 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Exciting to think about what is next. I've been wondering the same. Track days are getting a little bit monotonous (well at the same track all the time that is) which means eventually we will move on to racing or loose interest. Much better not to loose interest but progress the passion further. As I found with photography, as long as you are challenged and developing it is a thrill. When you can't improve yourself any further, hit a limit or a rut, you need to find another level to aim for. Next HD track day I'd like to try and setup our order of departure so we can do some chasing. That gets me buzzing more than timing.
Steve came out in the last session, tailing me in his 964. He was meaning to help, but push is a distant second best to tow/chase. Better if the cars are matched. Yesterday there was a broad mix of cars, Lotus, R8, Boxster S and our usual group. Best drive was with the Boxster S. Maybe we can pair up at Pukekohe. You tow until you get sick of it, then we can swap.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?