Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 06:19 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke944
Haha nearly, nearly first bid! $1 reserve...
Have you scrubbed those 221's in yet Luke??
Old 02-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Paul. I don't believe that RSG email has been working for quite a while.

3 spots left for SITT.

Cayman Gen 2 looks like great buying. Will be watching that closely....

Last edited by Macca; 02-25-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Cayman Gen 2 looks like great buying. Will be watching that closely....
Agree. Remember it is the 2.9 not the S 3.4 model. Will be interesting what it auctions for. 2 weeks left.

I had a friend list something and when it got past reserve change in arrangements meant they needed it. While probably against the rules they had to buy it themselves to keep it at the cost of the success fee. We are talking furniture not cars here.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:40 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

In the interest of us not bidding against each other, who is considering buying the $1 Cayman? Might be worth an offline conversation to try maximize the value proposition for those committed. Would make a great daily for my partner, but if there's someone else here who's committed to bidding $X more than me then I'd rather not bid at all and let them get for as cheap as possible.

On another note, anyone interested in purchasing one of Rennline's soon to be released semi solid, adjustable, engine mounts? I am, and figure there are some savings to be made through (small) volume/shipping.
http://www.rennline.com/Tuneable-Sem...oductinfo/M18/
Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
For those of you wishing to inquire about the Rennsport Gruppe please use the email address below. committee@rennsportgruppe.org.nz
Paul - we're having difficulty with that address at the moment. Best if anyone with interest PM me, including their full name & contact details and I'll circulate to our team manually.

The intro to RSG, ethos etc is available at rennsportgruppe.org.nz. The event details, 2kcup & other stuff is accessible in the members only forum.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:30 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

See below from Ferdinand. Live webcast of gt4 and gt3rs launch at Geneva for those that want to stay up and view. gt2rs news also interesting

For all the buzz around Cayman GT4, I see very few people mentioning the delivery times. UK buyers dropping money on the counter now won’t see their cars much before the end of 2016 according to feedback from buyers – someone tell me if that is right! You’d think the cars would be in circulation well ahead of that time.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Ferdinand Magazine 2

Porsche 991 GT2 development

Stuttgart’s press release claims a lap time of seven minutes and 40 seconds on the North Loop of the Nürburgring for the Cayman GT4, but “leaked documents” regarding the 991 GT3 RS claim a 7 minute 20 second lap time: just two seconds off the fastest-ever Porsche road car at the circuit – the 997 GT2 RS.

Thanks to hints from component suppliers, we know there is a 991 GT2 in development, although whether it will make it to production or not is a different matter (I think has to happen). So we can count on that GT2 laptime being smashed sometime in the future – maybe even by the new 991 GT3 RS in the right temperatures on the right tyres. That would be pretty amazing.

Porsche 991 GT3 RS launch live webstream

The world premiere will take place during the Porsche press conference in Geneva at 11:30 (CET) next Tuesday morning: March 3, 2015. A live webcast of the Porsche Cayman GT4 and 991 GT3 RS launch will be streamed from the event.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Graeme, the only delivery dates I've seen are from Kiwi buyers looking at September this year.

Even Steve R was thinking about a new one. Is is just my innate desire to have my choice to move to the Cayman platform validated or is there a shift going on with enthusiasts?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Just lent Herman's original seats to Mike who is complying the ex UK 964 C2. Have to love the NZ Bureaucracy when it gets a head of steam.

Before I put them back into storage I'd like to have a go at cleaning and protecting them. They have leather fronts and vinyl backs. Which products are recommended?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Graeme, the only delivery dates I've seen are from Kiwi buyers looking at September this year. Even Steve R was thinking about a new one. Is is just my innate desire to have my choice to move to the Cayman platform validated or is there a shift going on with enthusiasts?
john the attraction for the guys I know is the GT badge first and foremost. Next is the price (under 150k landed with options isn't a deposit on a dunny in South Auckland). After GT and price is MT gearbox. The Cayman part is last for alot of 911 snobs (I'm definitely one of them). Graeme I had no idea you were getting messages from Ferdinand. You must be psychic. I can tell you the media is full of mistakes and there is no MY17 production yet allocated for this car. Of that I'm 100%
Old 02-25-2015, 05:07 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

john the attraction for the guys I know is the GT badge first and foremost. Next is the price (under 150k landed with options isn't a deposit on a dunny in South Auckland). After GT and price is MT gearbox. The Cayman part is last for alot of 911 snobs (I'm definitely one of them). Graeme I had no idea you were getting messages from Ferdinand. You must be psychic. I can tell you the media is full of mistakes and there is no MY17 production yet allocated for this car. Of that I'm 100%
I'm not counting you Macca. I don't think your allocation will stay in your ownership long at all
Old 02-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Mate I need you to say that when Jos around. She's still reminding me the GT3 was a 12-18 month plan (it's been 15 months already!).
Old 02-25-2015, 05:21 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I pretty much agree with Macca on the order of his points. I don't know if any of you saw the interview with W Rohl re gt4? Said if you are in the alps or around Monte Carlo the gt4 is the car to have but anywhere you need. he was talking up the handling. but pure grunt needed of course the gt3 is the better car with so much more hp. GT badge means more though in fact it is really the fact that the badge means that AP and the GT team have developed the set up - to me that's the magic dust ....
Old 02-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Don't all 911s with 2WD become GT2s after the 2.7 & 3.0 L turbo announcements shortly....
Old 02-25-2015, 05:28 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Mate I need you to say that when Jos around. She's still reminding me the GT3 was a 12-18 month plan (it's been 15 months already!).
Macca, you are self delusional and Jo's not buying it. She's humouring you like most wives/partners do. The 991 GT3 will be in the garage until something faster comes along that you can finesse yourself into. The 993 is garage art that will be brought out ocassionally in a bid to prove it isn't.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John you may be right. But right now she's pretty happy with her lot in the sun infront of me lol!

The Cayman GT4 wasn't a knee jerk purchase. I've been talking about it with Graeme for over 6 months, been on the GT4 threads since the beginning and pretty well connected into information machine on this one like the last one. The GT badge was the drawcard - but il admit the sticker price was the stories. As Pete will tell you I like many was seeing this 75kgbp base +++ and if I'm truthful I didn't think it could be done at my trigger price, hence being a bit slow on the order front this time!

You are right tho, the levy has to break. No idea what to keep even with a gun to my head I couldn't say. I'm a hoarder in rehab, you have to see the shed to understand just how bad it is. But I'm getting better - I promise, and I always try to buy well but 10-12 weeks a year doesn't justify 3 Porkers so at least one gets cut, maybe eventually two!

Caymans a great car don't get me wrong. Heck too many Cayman owners soon around here too p*ss off after all :-)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?