Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Who's is the 993t? Did this see the track?? John - what did your 964T lap in?
It belongs to another Kohj Porsche collector. 993 Carrera and 993 TT in his garage. He visits this site so I'll let him introduce himself. No he didn't run, just came for a look.

As for the Turbo 3.6. 1.28.5. Not much fun. The brakes are stupendous as is the boost but 10 year old road tyres were losing grip quickly under braking. I only did one session with it. I also need to get an oil leak on the turbo pump sorted. It runs over the hot exhaust making a nice cloud
Old 12-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looked like a great day, sorry to miss it! Not much happening here, now 6 days late... any minute now, surely??

Hey Paul, have you got the 993 yet?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Looked like a great day, sorry to miss it! Not much happening here, now 6 days late... any minute now, surely?? Hey Paul, have you got the 993 yet?
We were wondering where you were fatherhood wise. Good luck. BTW The old wife's tale works i.e. The activity that started this, also brings on delivery.....
Old 12-14-2013, 01:38 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looked like a great day, sorry to miss it! Not much happening here, now 6 days late... any minute now, surely??

Hey Paul, have you got the 993 yet?
I think it arrives on Friday? It takes 7-8 days at the mo with ferry issues and Xmas peaks.

Good luck with baba. Make sure you get lots of rest and sleep now as you have no idea what you are in for........

So porscha if a girl and Ferdinand if a boy??

I have 2 people sniffing around the C3 - not sure I want to sell it??

Last edited by kiwi 911; 12-14-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^ Mmmm not sure I needed that detail!

Michael, will be thinking of you over the coming days and hope all goes well!

Track day looked great gents. Interested to know more about brakes and other issues. How those soft compound tyres work out?

Jamie, big congrats mate. Saw your post on facebook. I didnt take Jo yesterday. As good a sport she is wasnt going to make her vomit in my new car. Ive had a run of making folks sick LOL! You are right they put up with a lot these girls, could be worse we could be gambling or drunks I supose!

Not sure if this works. Its one of around 20 vids I took yesterday. Not the fastest or slowest, some were on wet surface, some on dry some with snow and frost at the side of the road but most driven at 60% of the cars ability. Its an incredible machine for road work.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:26 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Not sure if this works. Its one of around 20 vids I took yesterday. Not the fastest or slowest, some were on wet surface, some on dry some with snow and frost at the side of the road but most driven at 60% of the cars ability. Its an incredible machine for road work.
Awesome mate, looks like it would be a breeze on the Tour. Tempted?
Old 12-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Sean. Ill post a few more and you can tell. I think t would make a great targa car. Once ive got te hang of it it will be devastatingly quick. I am considering it for the Targa as the old girl may find the distance and event quite trying. I will probably share the drive as my wife is starting to increase resistance as she discovers each time she joins me for a "spirited" drive its a little bit quicker than before LOL! Its the bad influence around here rubbing off!

Sean here is another short clip. I have 120 mins of footage including a 0-200kmph dash from a toll gate in Italy (nice sound!) but struggling with time for edting and posting these. Finally have worked out how to set gopro up with best frame for GT3 so vids will improve in quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWUc...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWUc...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

cant embedd image of above youtube links sorry have run out of technical capability today. Going to give the GT3 its first wash since it left the production line. Im guessing few have seen as much road action as this one in there first 1000km....
Old 12-14-2013, 03:01 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't wan't to scare you or anything.... but we were 14 days late... twice! Could have got to the track if you'd been brave! And by Puke in Jan you'll be falling asleep by the esses!

I think it arrives on Friday?

I have 2 people sniffing around the C3 - not sure I want to sell it??
Classic post following Michael's - think you're a doctor or something?

My advice re selling - don't. I was ready to step in and buy Dave's today!!

Track day looked great gents. Interested to know more about brakes and other issues. How those soft compound tyres work out?

Jamie, big congrats mate. Saw your post on facebook. I didnt take Jo yesterday. As good a sport she is wasnt going to make her vomit in my new car. Ive had a run of making folks sick LOL! You are right they put up with a lot these girls, could be worse we could be gambling or drunks I supose!
Macca - a few people out with boiling brake fluid and high brake temps (despite ducting). I was out for forgetting to bring new pads and losing the pedal after a couple of sessions - my fault. But it was bloody hot!

The 221s lasted longer than the brakes - Chris is hitting 16's consistently with the med compound 214s and a passenger. I managed an 18.5 before the brakes went and the tyres were still hanging in there - good pressures make a big difference. Wouldn't want it to get much hotter though.

Mate - your posts of europe are sensational. Kim was in stitches watching the air brakes! But seriously you look like you're getting the absolute best weather, scenery is perfect and the ravioli with sage butter... want now! Keep them coming and take as much footage as you can - I'll host the movie night when you get back!!

Jamie - do tell for us luddites not on FB...
Old 12-14-2013, 03:10 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Going to give the GT3 its first wash since it left the production line. Im guessing few have seen as much road action as this one in there first 1000km....
Awesome stuff Macca - was that one other car I saw...? Road to yourself, cool & crisp and one of the world's most capable cars fresh off the assembly line - truly living the dream and more!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:36 AM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant embedd image of above youtube links sorry have run out of technical capability today. Going to give the GT3 its first wash since it left the production line. Im guessing few have seen as much road action as this one in there first 1000km....
Hi Macca
Just stunning, I couldn't stop laughing…..sounds like the most amazing of experiences that you are both having!!!!!

Cheers

Bob M
Old 12-14-2013, 03:53 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S

What happened to the Cayman??
Old 12-14-2013, 04:10 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

What happened to the Cayman??
Nothing - the search starts now. But the 964s were looking good today.

Had a brief moment trying to convince myself that a 3.3T would actually make a great daily driver...
Old 12-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Jamie - do tell for us luddites not on FB...
haha no new car purchase for me mate... Macca was referring to my 15th wedding anniversary. Went for a spin over the Rimitaka's for a night in Greytown and then visit some friends.

The 993 ticks all the boxes for me. Only a GT3 I think would pry me out of it.... maybe....

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?