Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Mate - plebs like me don't linger on 991 GT3 sites - beyond my pay scale..........
I hope you meant that tongue in cheek after posting a picture of the Mansion you are building to live in LOL!

Seriously though you are investing in the right asset class.

Debt is very cheap in NZ. Once you've finished the house next year just tag 70k to the mortgage and treat yourself to a nice 993. Actually tag 90K to the mortgage and buy yourself a nice GT3. Heck, just buy a 997 GT3 and use it for everything....easy!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:36 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I hope you meant that tongue in cheek after posting a picture of the Mansion you are building to live in LOL!

Seriously though you are investing in the right asset class.

Debt is very cheap in NZ. Once you've finished the house next year just tag 70k to the mortgage and treat yourself to a nice 993. Actually tag 90K to the mortgage and buy yourself a nice GT3. Heck, just buy a 997 GT3 and use it for everything....easy!
True, this is how Giltraps sold a 996 to a friend of mine 7 years ago. Ivan said, it's only $150 wk interest only. He forgot to mention the $120K car would only be worth $35K one day............and you have to pay the principal back. The 993 is probably close to the bottom of the depreciation curve, but who would have thought a $220K 996 would we worth only $35K 10 years later??

I make a rule of not buying anything but investment property using debt, so although I agree with you, and could own that 993 for only $66 wk interest only, I'm old fashioned when it comes to debt.

Jesus - $66 a wk, who am I kidding.........???
Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As previously stated, I believe the 964 Turbo 3.3 is undervalued and a sure fire future appreciator.

You can still find an excellent example in NZ right now (I think we have more of these RHD per capita than any country in the world due to around 15-20 imports!) at no more than 70k NZD and lay it down like a good wine. I have no doubt it will be a $100k+ car within the next 5 years. They are pretty much at their lowest point in the cycle right now. Definitely not a car for me but for a collector or enthusiast a great buy.

The RS prices have remained remarkably flat in NZ I thought. The white RS may be Rober Dongs old one and was a fair price. The yellow one is a real bitza having been badly damaged in HK/Macau hence it was only asking 100K. John Garty picked that one up and spent a fortune trying to get it right. The yellow 993RS in NZ has had a similar history and also been a problem car. The Red whitaker car was raced and still has a few non RS part sof it but its probably the lowest mileage example. It was for sale last year I think for 155k but no one bought it. I asked about it and it seems he decided to remove the ad although I was told it could still be bought for 150k. No idea if its still with him now. His most loved stead was would you believe it a 993TT in red he bought new and until last year when I saw it had put 120k km on it! Apparently loves that car to death - he had the 964RS PP seat in it from 2000 so that seat had seen a tonne of wear and so had the car (I went over it closely and had never seen a more stone chipped 993 in my life LOL). I believe he still has it...
Why Whittaker brother has the 993TT? I understand they are both nuts on cars. Is the 993TT guards red?
I think one of the brothers is meant to daily a sliver 997.2 GT2 RS.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah. Im old-fashioned too. No mortgages anymore. Mind you with mortgage interest being 10% pa here pays not to. Its bad enough the living costs are like Europe - shame the debt isnt as cheap or I might have me some!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yes its guards read. No idea thought it was Andrew....maybe replaced it with the GT2. Sounds about right....
Old 08-29-2013, 03:04 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Yeah. Im old-fashioned too. No mortgages anymore. Mind you with mortgage interest being 10% pa here pays not to. Its bad enough the living costs are like Europe - shame the debt isnt as cheap or I might have me some!
Borrow money out of NZ?
Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Borrow money out of NZ?
Still too expensive. I usually use a USD facility out of Asia. 1.025% pa currently. John can tell you about cost of funds and international borrowing. Essentially most banks offshore will end these funds at base + 0.75%.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I need the boards help. I obviously need to save for some tyres for the GT3. I have no idea what MPSC2 tyres in 20" 335 fitment will cost in NZ but Im guessing not cheap...

Seriously though I still have 4 our of 4 plastic 100L tubs of stuff left that doesnt look like it will sell. It wont fit in storage either so I will be throwing another 50 or so things up on TM in late September.

I have a sunglass fetish. Trying to kick it but its been around as long as P-Cars. I found these Oakley Juliet Gen 1 glasses in storage. 90% condition. Any idea what they are worth. Same as ones below - thought Matt might know?

Also these Porsche Pens. Roller Ball tech flex - what do they sell for on TM. I havent been keeping track. I have a couple but this one is new and from memory still in the box.

I still have that genuine RS wheel coffee table if anyone is interested.

There will be a tonne of other stuff but this time probably not fair on everyone to waste bandwidth on here. May need a hand pricing up a few items tho. I need about 1.5m3 space by Jan....
Attached Images     
Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I make a rule of not buying anything but investment property using debt, so although I agree with you, and could own that 993 for only $66 wk interest only, I'm old fashioned when it comes to debt.
My modus operandi as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
964's
Should have grabbed an RS while They were cheap.
964's not very complete - wasn't that interested in them until this year.
Thanks for posting those Dave - really interesting. So I paid the most in the recent 964 stakes (an even $40k). I was in at Pete Booth's this morning - he said he's had an increased number of people looking for good 911s recently and there are very few around in his view. So hang on to those 'keepers.'

ARRRRRR - God give em strength...........

I'm in Chch next week too, maybe someone will buy before then to put me out of my misery.........

I have this black hole sucking all my cash at a rate of around $100K month.......
Looking good mate - that's a bit of progress. Did you fix that viewing window from your study to the garage yet - just at the height of that rear fender so you never get any work done!

I have a sunglass fetish. Trying to kick it but its been around as long as P-Cars. I found these Oakley Juliet Gen 1 glasses in storage. 90% condition. Any idea what they are worth. Same as ones below - thought Matt might know?
Guess I can't blame you for opportunistically flogging a pair of P'8561s from my car last week.... Grrrr!!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Looking good mate - that's a bit of progress. Did you fix that viewing window from your study to the garage yet - just at the height of that rear fender so you never get any work done!
Not yet, I could cut in a ribbon window about 600 above floor level and have a set of silver manual 993, oops, I mean black with chrome rings look back at me.

Macca - happy to store your 991 GT3 for you. You can even hold onto the keys. Will make a nice sculpture in the garage..........
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

With a bit of talk about 964 RS's, does anyone know any history of this car:

http://www.motorsport-services.co.nz...nt&page_id=160

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=ERY303

Its one of the 4 NZ new 964 RS's (2 red, 2 white), Im guessing it has now been exported?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S

Thanks for posting those Dave - really interesting. So I paid the most in the recent 964 stakes (an even $40k).
That's a 'wife' comment i.e. designed to obfuscate I'm not aware of anyone that has stopped at the as bought condition e.g. I think you could add $20k to that for my all up investment so far. Dave is not far behind. Sean is in a league of his own.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Thanks Doug. appreciated. Im back on the 6th Sept for 2 weeks....

Do you recall seeing if the interior Carbon RS style door panels have been fitted yet? I must call to find out - that turned out to be a huge job due to some factory changes to the inner door workings from the 964 to the 993....

Yes coming together now. Will be a totally different car to drive with the new geo, suspension and tyres. Im praying for fine weather or else Im likely to come to grief!
Yes Macca, the carbon door linings were fitted and looked wicked. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug.

The boys sent me pictures of these today.

They reckon they really make the car. They bloody ought to - as to have them custom made, freighted and the huge engineering job it turned out to have them fitted to a 993 ended up being one of those jobs that was so uneconomically viable as to be truly astonishing! Im talking about the cost of a pair of good PP seats/brackets here!

Well there's no doubting Im mad. I should have taken Paul's advise and left alone! A very expensive 9kg weight savings...

Looking forward to seeing these in the flesh though. This is the one and only project round for 2013. I need to recover!

P.S. The front alignment done you can see how the monoballs are kept from moving on the camber plates with the steel pin. Clever idea...
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?