Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I bumped into my Fathers old GF who owned the other NZ new 993 Targa manual. She told me the old plate of the car so I thought I would share it with you:

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=Wo5909
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Heres the last of the ones I thought might be of interest to you....

Porsche turbo 3.6 brochure is very collectable especially the NZ/UK one (as opposed to the much more common USA one). $90. Good condition. This will go on ebay today.

Porsche Exclusive 1993/94 covers options for 964 and 993. $25. These are hard to find now.

A French Kiss with Death (original print - now out of print). Great behind the scenes making of LeMans. Epic book - Paul you may want to add it to all the other Steve McQueen books Im holding for you? Its in good conditional although it has been read $50
Attached Images      
Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

....ok Ill stop spamming you all now.....LOL
Attached Images      
Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Yesterday I bumped into my Fathers old GF who owned the other NZ new 993 Targa manual. She told me the old plate of the car so I thought I would share it with you:

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=Wo5909
Hi RS ZWEI
You mention your fathers GF "owned the other NZ new 993 Targa Manual"......that implies that there were only two manuals........are you sure that is correct as I've got one (advertised on TM) and I know of another however that may now have lefty NZ. Cheers. Bob.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM
mjg
Pro

No Porsche underwear or bed sheets, Macca?

(BTW: Thanks for the Persols, they're great!)
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by 356Downunder
Hi RS ZWEI
You mention your fathers GF "owned the other NZ new 993 Targa Manual"......that implies that there were only two manuals........are you sure that is correct as I've got one (advertised on TM) and I know of another however that may now have lefty NZ. Cheers. Bob.
Hey Bob, Im pretty sure I read that figure on here? May have come from Mark?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Thanks John - what were the lap times on those 2 runs? Looks like Tony was holding 3rd in the straight to the sweeper whereas I'm losing speed with a late shift to 4th. Same issue on the main straight. The patten through 2 & 3 is interesting - need to work out what we are doing so differently.
The more I look the more I see in this data e.g. Tony shifts the 964 faster than either of us. As for the pattern through 2 & 3, I'd guess you've run down to second gear in one, then shifted to third on the apex of turn 3. It looks like Tony over-cooked it on that corner and backed off, but then again it could be traffic as well.

Tonight, I'll look at the other data logged e.g. lateral and longtitudinal G. It's a pity I don't have a "double apexer" to compare for the sweeper.

On a seperate note, even with my underachievement on the track I'm starting to feel the inadequacy of the seating and seatbelt holding me into the car. How are you holding on, particularly with the heavy braking? I'm researching options about seats with street and track use, with more headroom. I'll pull a seat tonight to see what scope there is for more room.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Porsche turbo 3.6 brochure is very collectable especially the NZ/UK one (as opposed to the much more common USA one). $90.
Another one for Paul?

As predicted, the logistics of keeping multiple cars going is proving challenging. I can fit three cars in the garage, just, but the Turbo 3.6 is going to be a blue moon Sunday car at this rate as it's the least used in my DD/Track usage and as a result ends up in a very tight parking spot. Time to put the rego on hold until Summer. In the meantime, she has a very nice set of Sports seats that would go beautifully in the C4, not to mention Big Red brakes....
Old 07-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey Bob, Im pretty sure I read that figure on here? May have come from Mark?
Not me. I know of an Iris blue with black leather 1997 car I almost bought. Was 50k km in 2000 when I looked at it but never seen it on the roads or around. So if there is a green, black and blue one that makes three MT Targa. Id hesitate a guess at 4?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Another one for Paul?

As predicted, the logistics of keeping multiple cars going is proving challenging. I can fit three cars in the garage, just, but the Turbo 3.6 is going to be a blue moon Sunday car at this rate as it's the least used in my DD/Track usage and as a result ends up in a very tight parking spot. Time to put the rego on hold until Summer. In the meantime, she has a very nice set of Sports seats that would go beautifully in the C4, not to mention Big Red brakes....
LOL! Turbo 3.6 becomes parts car for track toy!

Heres an idea, Sell the 996TT and 3.6T and buy a 997.2 GT3 as daily driver and migrate it to the track when you are up to speed...
Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

LOL! Turbo 3.6 becomes parts car for track toy!

Heres an idea, Sell the 996TT and 3.6T and buy a 997.2 GT3 as daily driver and migrate it to the track when you are up to speed...
This is increasing in appeal for me too. Given how little I'm back in NZ it would be nice to use a car as a daily driver and track toy while I'm back. The 4 puck clutch and LWF in the 964 will never allow that. It was tricky enough getting it to the xmas lunch, can't imagine what peak hour would be like!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:35 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Not me. I know of an Iris blue with black leather 1997 car I almost bought. Was 50k km in 2000 when I looked at it but never seen it on the roads or around. So if there is a green, black and blue one that makes three MT Targa. Id hesitate a guess at 4?
Dads ex's car is Iris blue. She would have purchased it aorund 2003 from CCS, that would mean it would have done around 45,000kms.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
This is increasing in appeal for me too. Given how little I'm back in NZ it would be nice to use a car as a daily driver and track toy while I'm back. The 4 puck clutch and LWF in the 964 will never allow that. It was tricky enough getting it to the xmas lunch, can't imagine what peak hour would be like!
My thoughts precisely after 7+ years offshore. One car for all seasons. The RS variant is probably a bit too bling for general DD use but a well specced 997.1/.2 GT3 would make alot of sense as a car you could get off the plane, turn the key, drive home, to the track, Targa etc then switch off till next time. Not to mention it would be alot quicker and more competent for Track & Targa. Also compared to our old jallopies the 997.1 GT3 I last drove was very well composed and damn right supple on the roads compared to the 993!
Its a delimma the others do not face but the longer you are offshore Sean the more you will appreciate the reliability, lower overhead and multi use nature of these cars (only down side being some depreciation)...

I think you have to be of a certain still level to really enjoy the GT3 on the track and you are probably at that level. Food for thought I guess...
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 AM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dads ex's car is Iris blue. She would have purchased it aorund 2003 from CCS, that would mean it would have done around 45,000kms.
Carjam says it was black.......??
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

There's a 993 Targa that parks in our building. Next time I see it I'll take a look and see whether its manual or tipo.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?