Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjg
The GT3 is for driving pleasure, not lap times!

Oooooh - Matt - got a bite there..........you are preaching to the converted. It's more a complement to how quick they can make the honda's go.

Last edited by kiwi 911; 08-23-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca

With 4 drivers and 2 support an Enduro assult is possible. Personally I think you might be better getting four guys together and approaching someone like Mr Taylor and renting a car with support for the event thus ensuring your entry money is well spent (i.e. greater chance of finishing the 6 hrs) and your hassle factor is low. A friend was offered a drive in the 996TT US import they converted to track and it wasn't that expensive. Cheaper than buying a reliable donkey and preparing it for the event. Split across 4 it could be viable....
OK Macca, I totally agree - count me in as 1 of the 4 drivers. Can you come across?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello gents, a hard day in the garage. Managed to lower my seat and got an extra 30mm headroom. 13mm lower out of the back fixing and raised the front by 25mm. Rake is now good and I feel low in the car. Sighting across the top of the prototipo, I look at the windscreen lower black edge. Perfect for me and some of you tall buggers might be able to work with that too. Still running sliders, in fact if I didn't have them now I'd be too low. Good result. Extra good news, what I thought were gouges in the seat back from the original install are just white pen marks. Bad news, my left hand door card looks good but the power window was intermittent after I fitted the card and now nothing. Switch is OK so I might have pulled some wires a bit hard or something. Electrickery isn't my thing so might be one for the pro's.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:06 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Hello gents, a hard day in the garage. Managed to lower my seat and got an extra 30mm headroom. 13mm lower out of the back fixing and raised the front by 25mm. Rake is now good and I feel low in the car. Sighting across the top of the prototipo, I look at the windscreen lower black edge. Perfect for me and some of you tall buggers might be able to work with that too. Still running sliders, in fact if I didn't have them now I'd be too low. Good result. Extra good news, what I thought were gouges in the seat back from the original install are just white pen marks. Bad news, my left hand door card looks good but the power window was intermittent after I fitted the card and now nothing. Switch is OK so I might have pulled some wires a bit hard or something. Electrickery isn't my thing so might be one for the pro's.
I'm keen to see the seat result. I'll stop by if I see you working on the car.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:13 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think my old 986 has ever been this clean after 1/2 a day of TLC.
However, even after a chamois clean the paint work still shows water blotch marks. I regularly wash with McGuires Ultimate Wash and Wax. Can anyone suggest a good product to make the paint look really clean and clear?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-630651396.htm

On the 31st I've promised myself to take it easy and get to know the car. Whether I can actually hold back and do that is another matter ;-)
Old 08-24-2013, 05:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
I don't think my old 986 has ever been this clean after 1/2 a day of TLC.
However, even after a chamois clean the paint work still shows water blotch marks. I regularly wash with McGuires Ultimate Wash and Wax. Can anyone suggest a good product to make the paint look really clean and clear?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-630651396.htm

On the 31st I've promised myself to take it easy and get to know the car. Whether I can actually hold back and do that is another matter ;-)
Looks great. Should sell quickly.

BTW Not a biggie in the scheme of things but Bose not Boze.

As for holding back, there's another Tui ad idea.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Looks great. Should sell quickly.

BTW Not a biggie in the scheme of things but Bose not Boze.

As for holding back, there's another Tui ad idea.
Oops, thanks John, now corrected.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:28 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Used Porsche, never been driven hard. Yeah right!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
OK Macca, I totally agree - count me in as 1 of the 4 drivers. Can you come across?
Im keen but probably will do the team no favours given my lack of experience at HD. That said Im bound to be better after a few stints behind the wheel. Sean could be keen too. Id have to figure out how to upgrade my racing license and would need to borrow a Hans device, but that's about all.... I dont care what I drive either (Motorsport Services had some race prepped E36 M3s at one point and Ive driven those they make a good platform)...

Dave. Can you let on how you did the seat lowering?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug. Ad looks great. Lot of car for the money! You punt that thing very well around HD given its got a lower power to weight ratio than the 964s and most of the other RSG cars. You wont know yourself in the 295? bhp Boxster S 986. My guess is youll be under 1.20 once you have the new car under your belt.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

I would be interested in the 2k Cup. If you have a look at he attached you will see the rules etc. and that there is a list of approved cars http://2kcup.com/. Note that the MR2 did well. I spoke with Gary from PlayDay about this before the enduro and he said the way they manage the $2k cost rule is that if your car is deemed to be worth more than $2k they reserve the right to offer you $2.5k for it and if you don't accept the money then you can't race the car.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:22 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Id have to figure out how to upgrade my racing license ?
I think all the RG team (except Chris) need to do this? Terry Riding can do the license testing. He has advised what parts of the Motorsport manual we need to read up on. Maybe another group event?? (M grade license test)
Old 08-24-2013, 06:24 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

We seem to have two different themes here.

I don't (yet) have the driving skills to take a sector in a pure endurance targeted race team.

Given the time and money invested would be a lot less, I'm happy to join a 2kcup team and play a support role if there is a faster driver. I figure we could run the 2k car at Playdays and get individual practice in that way.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:36 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
I would be interested in the 2k Cup. If you have a look at he attached you will see the rules etc. and that there is a list of approved cars http://2kcup.com/. Note that the MR2 did well. I spoke with Gary from PlayDay about this before the enduro and he said the way they manage the $2k cost rule is that if your car is deemed to be worth more than $2k they reserve the right to offer you $2.5k for it and if you don't accept the money then you can't race the car.
I'm liking this idea, especially if we cage and do the enduro's. I would guess MR2 would be weapon of choice, maybe you could get an earlier supercharged one, or a 323 Mazda DOHC turbo,....or a Mitsi STARION!!!!

What about a 3.0 Alfa??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-625595119.htm

Maybe we could haggle this down to $2K??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-626749283.htm

Supercharged MR2

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-629926689.htm
Old 08-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I think all the RG team (except Chris) need to do this? Terry Riding can do the license testing. He has advised what parts of the Motorsport manual we need to read up on. Maybe another group event?? (M grade license test)
Paul. Im confused. Like you I have a clubsport license. So the M is the next level right?

I think a C grade license will be required for 6hr enduro.

Do you think you could convince Terry to upgrade us the week leading up or following the NITT?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?