Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Prestigio have just accepted Porsche Driving Experience 2 day Factory course as approved for qualifying insurance as a reference for others.....
Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Interesting to see the full conditions and cover. It's a personal choice, but I don't see the value given the restrictions, however it does bring up a question Peter posed as he knows I run uninsured, "so what happens when you hit us/me?".

It looks like I'm not covered by others insurance either if that sneaky deep dive under brakes to get past me doesn't work. Should we have a protocol? Is there an unspoken protocol?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Google will tell. A wheel spanner and a good yank is what I use.

John did you get the silver wheel nuts? I got a set and gave to Dean for fitment on the car. Sick and tired of changing these every 5 years when the black ones start showing the metal underneath. You may want to check them out when there....
No, mine is a 20 foot car (looks ok from 20ft). I will keep the car tidy but not obsess about the detailed look on this car as it is meant for the track.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 PM
mjg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
It looks like I'm not covered by others insurance either if that sneaky deep dive under brakes to get past me doesn't work. Should we have a protocol? Is there an unspoken protocol?
There's a spoken protocol, it's mentioned at the driver briefing for every Playday: no passing under brakes, passing only under acceleration on straights.

The only time this becomes a problem is if someone faster comes up from behind and the person in front is reluctant to yield, and the person behind becomes frustrated.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John I was the same up until today. Ive run uninsured for everything to date. But this policy cost me $50 a year less than my Classic Cover (Vero) one. So its free cover as far as Im concerned. You should get a quote, you might be surprised....its not a value proposition

I think Pete is up with this. The general rule/protocol on the track is "you break it you fix it". Goes for the armco and tamac too.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

John I was the same up until today. Ive run uninsured for everything to date. But this policy cost me $50 a year less than my Classic Cover (Vero) one. So its free cover as far as Im concerned. You should get a quote, you might be surprised....its not a value proposition

I think Pete is up with this. The general rule/protocol on the track is "you break it you fix it". Goes for the armco and tamac too.
Who do I call? I've put the Turbo 3.6 under cover (its seats look very nice in the C4) and rego on hold. I will alter the insurance accordingly so can use the saving for the C4
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

No, mine is a 20 foot car (looks ok from 20ft). I will keep the car tidy but not obsess about the detailed look on this car as it is meant for the track.
Im catching up quickly. When the studio shoot was done for Classic Car mag my car was a 3ft car. After the Targa and the HD on the 29th it became a 10ft car. After the NITT Im hoping the worst it will be is a 15ft car LOL! Its only paint afterall...
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Who do I call? I've put the Turbo 3.6 under cover (its seat lookl very nice in the C4) and rego on hold. I will alter the insurance accordingly so can use the saving for the C4
Dude. Under cover? No seats? Rego on hold? Are you mothballing it? Let me guess its part of the revolving McMillen Porsche Museum. I hope things havent got so tough on the Porsche budget front you start selling stuff on TM like someone else on here LOL!

email Victoria the Prestigio underwriter. victoria.white@sual.co.nz - Im sure she will help....
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Dude. Under cover? No seats? Rego on hold? Are you mothballing it? Let me guess its part of the revolving McMillen Porsche Museum. I hope things havent got so tough on the Porsche budget front you start selling stuff on TM like someone else on here LOL!

email Victoria the Prestigio underwriter. victoria.white@sual.co.nz - Im sure she will help....
Effectively, yes I'm mothballing it. I can fit three cars in the garage if I push the Turbo 3.6 right against the far wall. That renders it unusable as a casual drive so during winter and spring I will use the 996TT as my DD and the C4 as a weekend and track car. I will tidy up the small bits on it that need doing but it's going to be a Summer car from now on. I may even look at concours.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John.

Be careful using the word "concourse" in the company of RSG members. Its the total opposite mind set to people who go to the track....

Seriously tho. Concourse is whole another world. Ive never seen the appeal personally as most of the club Concourse guys I know are too scared to drive the car after all that time and money. I guess there is some form of (perverse) satisfaction in it but Im already a Virgo - the last thing I need is another obsession LOL!

Why did you strip out the Turbo seats? They must be a similar weight. Just the side bolsters?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Why did you strip out the Turbo seats? They must be a similar weight. Just the side bolsters?
Yes the bolsters are the main reason. I know they are a similar weight but the sports seats are so damn comfortable, plus they bring more leather smell to the C4 I didn't realise how much vinyl and plastic the average 964 owner has to contend with until I looked closely. The Turbo 3.6 is all leather.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Did Dave's get delivered at the same time? I'm looking forward to seeing the fit in the 964.
Haven't heard yet, must enquire. Order date was 5 June. Looking forward to installing it for sure. I went for the doctor on this and got the X cross brace and harness guide bar.
Working on my RS door cards tonight.
Black Suede, ( bottled out on some cool but questionable fabrics)
Blue Dog lead,
Factory opening strap bezels,
New speakers,
Fresh screws
My version of pull handle
Sheet of high impact polystyrene

Original door panels on immediate standby in case of disaster
Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Haven't heard yet, must enquire. Order date was 5 June. Looking forward to installing it for sure. I went for the doctor on this and got the X cross brace and harness guide bar.
Working on my RS door cards tonight.
Black Suede, ( bottled out on some cool but questionable fabrics)
Blue Dog lead,
Factory opening strap bezels,
New speakers,
Fresh screws
My version of pull handle
Sheet of high impact polystyrene

Original door panels on immediate standby in case of disaster
I am looking forward to seeing the finished result. You might have to show me how to make a set too.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Fair enough. I have never liked the vinyl backs of the bog stock option Porsche seats either.

I like the plan to keep the 964T and tidy it up as a project. Make it a quasy today weekend warrior like mine used to be before it became a 10 ft car. Its got a lot of sentimental valuefor you and encapsulates the spirit of the 90s, hand made Porsches and hairy RWD 911s very well and would be the perfect compliment to a more modern DD/Track car in the garage in the future (think 997 GT3). You'd regret it if you sold it. I wouldn't worry about the value. There are two on trade me right now going no wear after extensive marketing bot here and offshore. People paying those crazy numbers must be buying the vendor as much as the car as far as I can see. Id put that to the back of mind and just enjoy running it every summer safe in the knowledge its slowly appreciating over time....
Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prestigio have just accepted Porsche Driving Experience 2 day Factory course as approved for qualifying insurance as a reference for others.....
Did they say how long ago is acceptable? I did it but more than 5 years ago.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?