Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. Its expensive doing it right. My CF guy in germany offered me this CF one in Jan for well under 2knzd landed and fitted but its too nice to paint and too ricer to leave naked....
Attached Images   
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Arrrr..........nice work of art Macca, must not ask for his details.

My name is Paul, and I have a $5K Pcar/month spending habbit....................

I have already purchased some 16's off trademe I didn't need this month............and purchased some stuff from Macca.........
Old 08-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah. I notice my name comes up alot amongst your households when the Boss is talking household fiscal outgoings!

Remind me to only every be introduced as Mark to your wives. Im already on the banned list at John and Paul's place and I can just imagine David by the fireplace last night stroking his 9" Cup 2 alloy wheel (the best every Porsche production one piece wheel design IMHO) and his wife burning the name Macca into her minds eye for latter sacrificial voodoo doll ediface!

If its any consolation I am now spreading the good word with TM 40 auctions won, paid and posted...only 90 more to go LOL!

The scary moment comes if we ever establish a home to put the stuff in storage. Of course by then Im hoping the pile will have shrunk. But my wife wont be laughing!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Beautiful Winter day out there...however the C4 is sitting in the garage. Just been down to CCS and have identified two new problems.

1. I have seepage from a hydraulic seal and

2. My left rear wheel is rubbing on the oil line. I think that will be due to aggressive camber and track forces.

So back to CCS for a new seal and time to use my Pelican voucher on a couple of 5mm spacers.

Thankfully Rob could look at this on a Saturday, because the owner of the other car he was working on is in Vanuatu. Nothing much to see there Macca.
Attached Images    
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Also got the part number for the rear ARB. Look like RUF but can't find that on the Net. Weird. Just like the Bilsteins. No number search works.

Only other excitement was seeing Kevin Cantwell's Cup Car engine.
Attached Images        
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the update John. No wonder Robs not getting far on my car - you guys are taking all his time LOL!

Good you picked up on that rear wheel rub. Imagine that creasing the alloy oil pipe on a fast back road ride and starving the engine! Yikes!

You only have -2 degree rear camber so its not the camber. Likely the offset. As you lower it problem will become worse so yes 5mm spacer should sort it out. If you want to try for yourself I have some OEM porsche ones on the 993 being taken off already (had them on the fronts but cant use them with the wider track tyres)sitting there in the shop you can try for next weekend get you out of a hole....
Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. All I can tell you is the last two digits of that ARB is the diameter. 22mm. The individual part number doesnt show in the 964 period catalogue.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:41 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca, thanks for the offer. I'll accept and use it as proof of concept before I order the size.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

No problem. Tell Rob its item 2 of worksheet. Ill email Dean now to authorise. Hopefully they have already removed them. Try them next weekend and see how you go. Put a glob of tipex on the pipe where its rubbing and see if its removed after the track session. Hopefully that seal is the last of your oil leaks. Better than having it part and dump on the track I guess....
Old 08-03-2013, 03:29 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mjg
Small track day with lots of track time, there may be one slot left (someone has just pulled out) if you're interested.
Who's it with? Probably not as my brakes need some work...
Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 AM
mjg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Who's it with? Probably not as my brakes need some work...
It's a semi-private one organized by GPForums. The last slot has resold, sorry!

Got my new front pads (PFC 06) in, new rears (PFC 01) and rotors go in on Wednesday.

Went for a quick drive out west today. Oddly enough, the car feels more compliant with the semi-solid engine and transmission mounts in. It'll be interested to get it on track, I suspect it's going to be a significant improvement. The 997 GT3 shifter is much sweeter feeling, too.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:56 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

What'd you pay for the pads?
Old 08-03-2013, 04:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
It's a semi-private one organized by GPForums. The last slot has resold, sorry!

Got my new front pads (PFC 06) in, new rears (PFC 01) and rotors go in on Wednesday.

Went for a quick drive out west today. Oddly enough, the car feels more compliant with the semi-solid engine and transmission mounts in. It'll be interested to get it on track, I suspect it's going to be a significant improvement. The 997 GT3 shifter is much sweeter feeling, too.
Matt. I found the same when I installed the Rs engine mounts and RSR tranny mount. Its probably improved the shifting all by itself. The old ones were likely past their best. It probably wont save you any time on the track but it will make the load transitions a bit more stable.

IMO one of the first things needed to be done to the older cars in preparing them for the track is to have the engine and transmission mounts replaced with new and harder compound. I went as far as having the engine mounting frame reinforced with the Rennline gusset in anticipation of a significant hp increase which hasnt yet happened, but I think thats probably overkill....

The new pads and rotors will improve things. Did you have issues with the original set up? I notice brakes seem to be a re occurring theme here...
Old 08-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I may even look at con****s.
Ooooh, John said the "c" word! That's $5 in the RSG swear jar I think!

Just kidding -- from the brief look I had of the 3.6T it's probably a good candidate, and you can't be on the track all the time, after all.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Ooooh, John said the "c" word! That's $5 in the RSG swear jar I think!

Just kidding -- from the brief look I had of the 3.6T it's probably a good candidate, and you can't be on the track all the time, after all.
LOL. I think John just meant "real tidy". Those concours guys out 1/10 the mileage I do on my car each year but I live in another country. Seriously though, have you seen what that "hobby" involves? Apart form the fact you have to wash your hands 15 minutes before a mean and do three hail marys before opening any door in the house, they use tooth brushes to clean the inside of their wheel wells and dont drive the cars if the chance of precipitation in Auckland is above 25% (never hence the mileage). Its all very fine if you are into it but why not just collect model 1/18th models and stack them in a glass cabinet instead......hang in I know someone selling 1/18th porsche models on TM right now....LOL!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?