Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean - yes doing 10th and 11th. You should enter sprints as well - especially since you get so little chance.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:11 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Phil - Will drop you a note on pm re RSG

Last edited by peterC2S; 07-30-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Macca... here it is mate...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...s-964/1563219#
Old 07-30-2013, 05:54 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Will drop you a note on pm
Sounds good.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

What are bent sprints chaps? Sounds dodgy!!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Sounds good.
Sorry mate was working on mobile and missed quoting. Was responding to Phil's msg re RSG on prev pg.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
What are bent sprints chaps? Sounds dodgy!!
I'm glad someone has finally asked!! Paul - what's the official committee line?

My understanding is that sprints were straight line and 'bent' sprints were on full track - ie. incl corners. Sure I read it somewhere.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Hey Dave Burggraaf - got the brakes sorted on your C2 yet? What are you going to use pads wise?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Dave Burggraaf - got the brakes sorted on your C2 yet? What are you going to use pads wise?
I have, but am waiting for the 11th to bed them in properly to the correct procedure. Was going to do a midnight motorway run but the required speeds are a bit risky. I went with the pagid RS4.2 because I had them so am committed. The old pads were shagged even though the fronts were half worn, they were crumbling. The rears were worse. I changed out the fronts at home but reverted to Conti's for the rears as I ran out of talent / tools to get the calipers off. Also changed the SRF. I used Conti's with my 993 and thought I'd give them a go again and Dean looked after me very well. I Contacted the Endless man and I will work towards Peters set up as he is having success it seems. I will look for new discs too as I had to get the fronts lightly skimmed to remove the pitting and deposits from the old pagids. The discs are running at 27.0 v 28.0 new which I guess means they have lost a tad of their ability to dissipate heat. Heres hoping.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
I have, but am waiting for the 11th to bed them in properly to the correct procedure. Was going to do a midnight motorway run but the required speeds are a bit risky. I went with the pagid RS4.2 because I had them so am committed. The old pads were shagged even though the fronts were half worn, they were crumbling. The rears were worse. I changed out the fronts at home but reverted to Conti's for the rears as I ran out of talent / tools to get the calipers off. Also changed the SRF. I used Conti's with my 993 and thought I'd give them a go again and Dean looked after me very well. I Contacted the Endless man and I will work towards Peters set up as he is having success it seems. I will look for new discs too as I had to get the fronts lightly skimmed to remove the pitting and deposits from the old pagids. The discs are running at 27.0 v 28.0 new which I guess means they have lost a tad of their ability to dissipate heat. Heres hoping.
David, I suspect pads are next thing I have to look at. What did the Endless man say about choice, timeframe and cost?

BTW: glad Dean looked after you. I'm sure the newer cars are more profitable and it's not like they are need more cars to maintain, but they seem to have a desire to look after our cars.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

John,
The endless man reckons MX72 compound - same as Pete's - at approx $350 plus gst per axle. Not off the shelf but freight free if they come with a larger shipment. My plan is to see how Pete's go and compare them to my new Pagid blues then make a decision. After importing the pagids, I pretty much read everything on Rennlist and the pad pickup thing is the killer for these. Lesson learned.

Yes, once Dean found out I was hanging with the big spenders I was able to ride your coat tails for a good deal.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

My brakes started to squeal coming into turn 9 so I know they need looking at. I need to get a torque wrench to be able to put the wheel back on properly after checking my pads so I've left it for now. However, looking at the track data I haven't been braking nearly as hard as others so I want to see where I'm at before the next track day as well. Will the spending ever stop

As for big spenders, I don't think I've come close to Macca yet.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
John,
The endless man reckons MX72 compound - same as Pete's - at approx $350 plus gst per axle. Not off the shelf but freight free if they come with a larger shipment. My plan is to see how Pete's go and compare them to my new Pagid blues then make a decision. After importing the pagids, I pretty much read everything on Rennlist and the pad pickup thing is the killer for these. Lesson learned.

Yes, once Dean found out I was hanging with the big spenders I was able to ride your coat tails for a good deal.
Pad pickup - when you come to a halt with hot pads?
Hope the blues go well for you, they haven't been flash with me - were good for the first 2 sessions then started to judder like yours.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
David, I suspect pads are next thing I have to look at. What did the Endless man say about choice, timeframe and cost?

BTW: glad Dean looked after you. I'm sure the newer cars are more profitable and it's not like they are need more cars to maintain, but they seem to have a desire to look after our cars.
Hope they have more of a desire than giltraps - but that's not hard.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Hope they have more of a desire than giltraps - but that's not hard.
My experience is that service is very person dependent. All shops seem to have their wins and off days. With my 996TT I seem to get standard service prices, probably because there is a schedule. Changing the pads on that car and putting in SRF was not cheap.

On the other hand I really appreciate that they will fit parts you source and or source from Steve R, which saves a lot. Plus they can't have charged nearly the hours they spent on the 964.

CCS also works well for salaried CBD workers. They open at 7:30 and their service van gets me to work on time. Even better I don't have to tell him where I'm to be dropped off at, because they've done it so often

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?