Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
What do you reckon keep them silver or the yellow model?
Silver all the way, IMHO. I think your car was probably designed with silver in mind?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:36 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
The Missus has given me a leave pass for Saturday and Sunday. Do you think I can use the aim with the display covered up? I just want the data for later.
Yes - there is no restriction on this stuff. You aren't meant to use timing devices for the time trials, but know will know (other than the www)

So - can I confirm you for Sat too?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:37 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out my new wheels LOL! I felt left out all your pros changing out your wheels for a couple of fun days on the track so I thought bugger that Im buying myself some flash harry dedicated track tyres. Im doing a full service in between the two events and a detail and oil change ha ha!

Not a fan of the lobster claws in any colour but yellow is just wrong!! Now some OZs in orange....!!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
I'm *really* tempted, but I've got a Taupo track day on the 9th and the RSG track day at HD on the 11th...
Toughen up Matt - this is practice for NITT.

I think you would quite enjoy as you can pace yourself against faster Porsches doing similar lap times. You will get more out of this than a Play Day as you have the fastest PD car at the moment.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Sean. I have pmd you. I have one of those floating around my storage unit not in use you can have (even had Porsche embroidered on it LOL!).

Check out my new wheels LOL! I felt left out all your pros changing out your wheels for a couple of fun days on the track so I thought bugger that Im buying myself some flash harry dedicated track tyres. Im doing a full service in between the two events and a detail and oil change ha ha!

Yellows too big - silvers really suit the car.............
Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

How much for the silver 996 GT3 model (about as close to GT3 ownership as I get at the mo)
Old 08-01-2013, 06:47 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Originally Posted by John McM
The Missus has given me a leave pass for Saturday and Sunday. Do you think I can use the aim with the display covered up? I just want the data for later.
Yes - there is no restriction on this stuff. You aren't meant to use timing devices for the time trials, but know will know (other than the www)

Paul - I count at least 4 RSG members doing the 10th and we were well represented at the last one and first gymkhana. I think Macca made the point that there are 600+ members and 25 'local' RSG members. So I don't think you/we need to feel too beaten up by a date clash or two. We are and will continue to be better supporters of PCNZ events than the majority of the 600.

We've also learnt from the initial date clash re Taupo and that won't happen again nor should too many of the regular Playdays now we are more organized. I think it's pretty important that any negative murmuring be nipped in the bud early as that doesn't achieve anything.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys. It was in jest! I'm not getting track wheels the boys at CCS put those on while the 221s get fitted. The yellow ones are 19s. Funky in tonka Yellow.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you would quite enjoy as you can pace yourself against faster Porsches doing similar lap times. You will get more out of this than a Play Day as you have the fastest PD car at the moment.
Looking at the lap times for the first sprints, it looks like our Matty G was already the fastest there! Matt I'd be interested to hear how you found the sprints?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Yes, I'll do the same as last time I.e. limit myself to regularity trials. That way I will get around 4 six lap sessions. Enough to get my eye in. I don't want to do the bent sprints until I know my braking points etc. I've got a lot to work out if you remember my data. I want clear track...until I have you and Matt in my rear vision mirror!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 AM
mjg
Pro

Just the encouragement I needed. I'll do the sprints and skip the regularity trial this time. Do I need to fill out a rego form, or is this completely informal reply enough to sign up?

(Also, sorry, but I already bought Macca's silver GT3. You can have a drive when it arrives.)
Old 08-01-2013, 07:14 AM
PHG
Racer

In my capacity as a PCNZ Committee Member, I'm just putting a plug across the Rennlisters board that there is a PCNZ sprints day on 10th August with a few spots still available.

For those of you how haven't done sprints before this is a step up from a Play Day as you are set off at 5 sec intervals with a car of a similar lap time to you, and you get to chase each other around the track. This is ideal if they pair you with a car around 0.5 to 1 sec quicker than you, as you soon learn to find this time to keep pace with them.

Drop me a line at paul@pjmprojects.co.nz if you are keen.

John - you slacker - wash your socks on Sunday

Sean - are you in the country??

Phil and Walter - the 996T's need a blast (err...and I need something to pass............until we hit a straight bit of track.)
sorry Paul, I'm China again, you will have to find another fall guy
Old 08-01-2013, 07:22 AM
PHG
Racer

Just clocked in Macca, how nuch for the turbo model if still avail
Old 08-01-2013, 07:24 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Paul - I count at least 4 RSG members doing the 10th and we were well represented at the last one and first gymkhana. I think Macca made the point that there are 600+ members and 25 'local' RSG members. So I don't think you/we need to feel too beaten up by a date clash or two. We are and will continue to be better supporters of PCNZ events than the majority of the 600.

We've also learnt from the initial date clash re Taupo and that won't happen again nor should too many of the regular Playdays now we are more organized. I think it's pretty important that any negative murmuring be nipped in the bud early as that doesn't achieve anything.
I don't feel bad - just doing my job.........

There are no negative murmuring either, just an unfortunate duplication of dates.

I shall stop pushing the barrow.........

PCNZ Taupo has just been canned due to low interest...............

On Sunday we could drive home via' drive you Porsche day' participants maybe - The club are having lunch in Cambridge I think??
Old 08-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Just clocked in Macca, how nuch for the turbo model if still avail
Hi Phil. The Boxster S and the Gt3 just sold. Heres the link for the 996 T

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=621952661

The boxster S guy wants to buy a few more when he picks the model up Sat so if you want it hit buy now. The models were only listed today...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?