Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Agree John and Doug. The thing was my comment on reversing the plates was tounge in cheek at the time. If I paid tax I'd be a bit p*sswd a government organisation. Was paying a salary to someone to waste time on such things. Given my devious sense of humour I'll refrain from making similar comments here....
Old 02-24-2016, 04:23 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes
My thoughts too ^^^
X 3 - there are only about 30 contributers and possibly 1,000's of lurkers.

I would be keen to even take a hard look at some of the RGS Facebook members.

They need to be active participants........
Old 02-24-2016, 04:44 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Doug, think of a name and start the Group. I trust you with Admin duties.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work Chris, don't be a stranger. M3 still the front runner?
Old 02-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Chris_chch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Nice work Chris, don't be a stranger. M3 still the front runner?
Thanks Pel, E92 is still near the top alright.... But if a 996 turbo turned up in the next month or so, I could be swayed. Need to get some seat time to figure it out
Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Perhaps we should move to a closed group on facebook, like the facebook RSG group. Naturally we'd accept anyone who is obviously a Porsche nut but it would keep unwanted people out.

I am sometimes concerned that if someone was involved in a bad accident that police investigators could look at their on line posts, take them out of the spirit and BS talk we do and use them as some form of evidence.

Then would a court take this seriously. It would be easy to bring others involved to state that our chatter is full of wind ups, leg pulling, gest and fun and it shouldn't be taken out of that context.
I agree, sometimes easy to forget that we are not just gas bagging to mates - the world can listen in.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:56 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Frank Denton's GT2 has changed hands this week. Don't know the buyer but told Frank to recommend RSG to him - hopefully it sees some more track time. I was VERY close to buying, but 997 TT tippos are not moving quick enough for me to risk owning two cars for an extended period of time.

Walt - worth finding out who the owner is, some worthy parts for the 996 TT should you want to lighten it and/or increase power (assuming they take it back to road trim).
Old 02-24-2016, 08:42 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Frank Denton's GT2 has changed hands this week. Don't know the buyer but told Frank to recommend RSG to him - hopefully it sees some more track time. I was VERY close to buying, but 997 TT tippos are not moving quick enough for me to risk owning two cars for an extended period of time.

Walt - worth finding out who the owner is, some worthy parts for the 996 TT should you want to lighten it and/or increase power (assuming they take it back to road trim).
Buger - I wish I knew this, still kicking myself for missing the first time........
Old 02-24-2016, 08:56 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ is this his race car??
Old 02-24-2016, 09:09 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
I agree, sometimes easy to forget that we are not just gas bagging to mates - the world can listen in.
We'd just be putting our info into a much more conveniently searchable and databasable form for the powers that be, though I suppose it would block casual interlopers and journos. But I actually reckon the semi-open nature of this forum (any can read, Rennlisters can post) has helped make it what it is. If we'd locked it down, say, three years ago to 'members only' with just the same posters we already had, we'd have got sick of each other's company and developed terminal cabin fever by now. I reckon this thread's got just enough randomness and new blood trickling in to keep it interesting.

Macca's plate experience is an obvious outlier. Public jokes/commentary about fiddling your plates can reasonably be expected to be brought to LTSA's attention, even if only as part of someone else's defence in dealing with them. And who is better placed than LTSA to look up the owner of a plate that's mentioned online and send them a letter?

Originally Posted by nzskater

Thanks for the heads up Jake. I hit Frank up at CCS when he first got it for dibs on spares but he wasn't selling any. Would like to contact the new owner for a second bite at the cherry.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
^^^ is this his race car??
Yes. Was a lot of car for the money but probably not a good entry level car for learning corner entry oversteer or 5 to 3 heel and toe into T9.

Jake. I think people are getting greedy with 997 tipo prices recently and they are now a bit stagnant even the $108k example in TM can't catch a fish.

Word is there's a lot of stuff just sitting there as vendors may have over stepped the market.

Interesting but Gillies seem desperate for used stock. I hadn't even got my *** out if the bucket seat today before Ivan M asked me if I wanted to sell it. Probably depends what you have I guess. My take is anything 911, GT or turbo. They seem to sky from Caymans at the moment...
Old 02-24-2016, 10:01 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Yes. Was a lot of car for the money but probably not a good entry level car for learning corner entry oversteer or 5 to 3 heel and toe into T9.

Jake. I think people are getting greedy with 997 tipo prices recently and they are now a bit stagnant even the $108k example in TM can't catch a fish.

Word is there's a lot of stuff just sitting there as vendors may have over stepped the market.

Interesting but Gillies seem desperate for used stock. I hadn't even got my *** out if the bucket seat today before Ivan M asked me if I wanted to sell it. Probably depends what you have I guess. My take is anything 911, GT or turbo. They seem to sky from Caymans at the moment...

Did you see the 991.2 hiding there.........??
Old 02-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I just had a good look at it at CCS an hour ago. Interesting car. Only thing I'm not 100% on is rear vertical slats, they I think are plastic with black chrome finish and would be better in alloy, brushed IMO. Sounds ok static much to suprise of the techs. Being PPI today them off to Gillies for training. I'm off to Milford CC again this evening. Anyone care to join me PM me. It's taken 6 years for the old fellas to remember my name so can't promise instant acceptance but it's part of Porsche folklore....

Last edited by Macca; 02-25-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:00 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
I just had a good look at it at CCS an hour ago. Interesting car. Only thing I'm not 100% on is rear vertical slats, they I think are plastic with black chrome finish and would be better in alloy, brushed IMO. Sounds ok static much to suprise of the techs. Being PPI today them off to Gillies for training. I'm off to Milford CC again this evening. Anyone care to join me PM me. It's taken 6 years for the old fellas to remember my name so can't promise instant acceptance but it's part of Porsche folklore....
Was it as special as the 991.1 moment Macca................
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2016, 03:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

^^^ Macca - can you remember the super cheezy light show and 5 mins of elevator music before they showed the car - you and I where having sooo much fun taking the p*ss, was like a high school production from 1993??

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?