Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:44 PM
nmaisey
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Dave, you can fund your habit with your existing home.

You will be allowed under the UP on single home sites to build a granny flat (subservient dwelling)

So spend $100K on a granny for $400wk return, The surplus $300wk will fund $300K of toys interest only, just buy ones that are fully depreciated so you can sell them to retire the debt at some stage.

Or a $100K race car and $10K to keep it running P/A.

I imagine you will see a lot of flat conversions to homes for the lifestyle money - should dampen rents for some time.......

See clause 2.3:

http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/E...ntialzones.pdf

Paul, this is the exact project we are about to undertake (albeit in Hamilton) will be cashing up the 964 in the very near future to fund it - but only to move on to something more track focused (read manual and not so tidy) as I hone my skills
Old 02-25-2016, 05:21 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by John McM
He didn't say he needed someone to bring his car back so maybe just visiting this time.
Damn the logic John.. just do it and ride the wave as the idiots, kickers and real punters unclutter that rubbish bin..! If nothing else, it will keep all us bored thread watchers entertained.
You don't have to sell....
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Damn the logic John.. just do it and ride the wave as the idiots, kickers and real punters unclutter that rubbish bin..! If nothing else, it will keep all us bored thread watchers entertained. You don't have to sell....
Yeah John. We don't have TV and SITT doesn't start for a week or so bring it on. On the subject of the SITT anticipation is building fast having spoken to 4-5 over the participants ion the last few days I can honestly say it's the most anticipated RSG event on the calendar for a long long while. I think it will also be the last event of this type so a bit of a swan song. Feels much more relaxed second time around too. Not meaning to rub it in to those not able to participate but getting very very excited now...

On the subject of selling stuff I have a unit full of collectable Porsche paraphernalia I'd like to shift. The problem is it's too difficult to multiple list on eBay or TM with 50-60 listings taking up exorbitant time in the short bursts I'm in NZ.

Paul, I wonder if the club could organise an auto jumble like they have at the big Porsche events overseas where we can hire a table and set up in a disused industrial unit in Albany on a weekend day for 8 hours, advertise it far and wide and we will get people form Whangeraei to Waitakto arrive. I have a brand new vintage Porsche mountain bike I could throw in there as a headline piece along with my 1972 Porsche vintage "Skibob" (go look it up and me surprised) along with some rare books and a very large collection of vintage 993/996 brochures etc if you needed to get some marketing excitement going through but the club. I think it would be a HUGE event with most likely to come home with different "junk" than the stuff they took there. It's something the club really needs to look at or if not then perhaps I can organise for RSG in conjunction with the PCNZ with table rental hires and stall holders fees going top RSG coffers for rain day emergency fund? Just an idea but needs to me marketed properly (get on board guys like Higgs, Nott etc to bring along some old parts and interesting stuff). All of us have wives wanting us to clean stuff out I'm sure so would be an easy sell to the bride...
Old 02-25-2016, 06:01 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
How long are you in for this time, Paul..?
2 hrs.............

Probation meeting (oh and a building project)

Have fun on the SITT Phil - you will really enjoy it, best road trip of my life, lack of time didn't allow the luxury this year........
Old 02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
PHG
Racer

Cheers Paul
looking forward to it too
Usual issues tho',, sudden business and things mean I cant get away with Rons group, and the trip down will be a sprint rather than a cruise.. nothing like arriving wired..!!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Cheers Paul looking forward to it too Usual issues tho',, sudden business and things mean I cant get away with Rons group, and the trip down will be a sprint rather than a cruise.. nothing like arriving wired..!!
Arriving wired Phil is leaving QT at 5am for Invercargill, taking a wrong turn with Buba and then sprinting for 2hrs in the dark overtaking road trains on 2 way highways trying to catch up with the main group (eventually caught them at the gate to the track). 200km jet Spring before 8 hours track work to be repeated (at more leisurely pace = slow) at the end of the day. As Buba will attest it was a bit hair raising and this time I think we will tone it down a bit....
Old 02-25-2016, 06:57 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Arriving wired Phil is leaving QT at 5am for Invercargill, taking a wrong turn with Buba and then sprinting for 2hrs in the dark overtaking road trains on 2 way highways trying to catch up with the main group (eventually caught them at the gate to the track). 200km jet Spring before 8 hours track work to be repeated (at more leisurely pace = slow) at the end of the day. As Buba will attest it was a bit hair raising and this time I think we will tone it down a bit....
Invercargill was possibly the most tiring day on the whole trip. Running in the dark at speed with fog is tiring, let alone a full track day and a long drive back to Queenstown. Cut the track day short and get to Bluff this time. It's worth it.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 PM
O2GO
Drifting

"The invercargill day was tiring". Set the GPS, leave early enough to not rush and all the stress goes out of it.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

On the subject of selling stuff I have a unit full of collectable Porsche paraphernalia I'd like to shift. The problem is it's too difficult to multiple list on eBay or TM with 50-60 listings taking up exorbitant time in the short bursts I'm in NZ.

Paul, I wonder if the club could organise an auto jumble like they have at the big Porsche events overseas where we can hire a table and set up in a disused industrial unit in Albany on a weekend day for 8 hours, advertise it far and wide and we will get people form Whangeraei to Waitakto arrive. I have a brand new vintage Porsche mountain bike I could throw in there as a headline piece along with my 1972 Porsche vintage "Skibob" (go look it up and me surprised) along with some rare books and a very large collection of vintage 993/996 brochures etc if you needed to get some marketing excitement going through but the club. I think it would be a HUGE event with most likely to come home with different "junk" than the stuff they took there. It's something the club really needs to look at or if not then perhaps I can organise for RSG in conjunction with the PCNZ with table rental hires and stall holders fees going top RSG coffers for rain day emergency fund? Just an idea but needs to me marketed properly (get on board guys like Higgs, Nott etc to bring along some old parts and interesting stuff). All of us have wives wanting us to clean stuff out I'm sure so would be an easy sell to the bride...
Great idea Macca! Count me in.

On the subject of "unwanted forum attention" by public servants or the like, we could have some fun. Thinking like this: http://www.419eater.com/html/ahmed_sadiq.htm

Anyone want to go fishing?

Cheers,
Mike
Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Macca will talk to committe about your garage sale idea, i have 993 hardback seats, techequipe gear **** and handbrake, IB steering wheel, 993 used bits and lots of other items i need to move on.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:36 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey_audiogeek
On the subject of "unwanted forum attention" by public servants or the like, we could have some fun.
Cheers,
Mike
You'll know it's working when the whole Southern Track Tour gets diverted into a back paddock at Highlands for a 'special service' - and the entire pit crew are wearing extra-long surgical gloves...
Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

On the subject of "unwanted forum attention" by public servants or the like, we could have some fun. Thinking like this: http://www.419eater.com/html/ahmed_sadiq.htm

Cheers,
Mike
Absolute crackup.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:03 AM
PHG
Racer

Cheers,
Mike
where the heck did you find that Mike..
absolute fun..I have done small versions myself but that guy was GOOD..!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Buba.

That reverse Nigerian scam letter is GOLD!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 02:13 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Cheers,
Mike
It had occurred to me that if we found a way to triple the speed reading on a speedo, then took a video going up the motorway at 100km/hr real and tripled the speed of the video, then posted it we could have some fun with the po po.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?