Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 05:37 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Nice try. I have seen more details and......
... and it says "all the work has been done" and really you want a project?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:50 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nmaisey
I think it's blue if you look closely.

Sam does this make another of us considering the more dedicated (manual) track car route?

I'm thinking 944s2.....but tossing up selling the 964 as I love it so much

you me and pel could have our pick of 944 race cars by the sounds of it. we could race in the Porsche series together!

Sounds like fun...

However I get the feeling if Sam leaves the 964 gang its for a 997.

chrisch was considering moving his left hook SC some time ago, he may have changed his mind but it looked like a nice car. Obviously no 944 on track but better for double duty.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:54 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Don't forget Paul's up for one too!

Slowly getting my head around this.........

Looking at the track patina on the GT3 bonnet and with the car basically doubling in value - my botox is puckering a bit. I could sell the car, buy Jen and I newer Audi's and get a 44 race car for the same doe.

I think it would be quite cool if we all got race cars. I would be really keen to do the Arrow Series with the IB and 44 guys, an other marques like Alfa's etc.

I think this is evolution of RSG with the track cars we have. I can't see us moving onto to GT3's.

I think Pel snaffled the last cheap 911. I would call it now that you couldn't buy a RHD, manual 911 for less than $50K now, whereas there are a few 44 race cars around for circa $20-30K, or you could buy a tired road car for under $10K and have fun spending around $30K for a no stories race one.

Last edited by kiwi 911; 01-29-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Slowly getting my head around this......... Looking at the track patina on the GT3 bonnet and with the car basically doubling in value - my botox is puckering a bit. I could sell the car, buy Jen and I newer Audi's and get a 44 race car for the same doe. I think it would be quite cool if we all got race cars. I would be really keen to do the Arrow Series with the IB and 44 guys, an otdher marques like Alfa's etc. I think this is evolution of RSG with the track cars we have. I can't see us moving onto to GT3's. I think Pel snaffled the last cheap 911. I would call it now that you couldn't buy a RHD, manual 911 for less than $50K now, whereas there are a few 44 race cars around for circa $20-30K, or you could buy a tired road car for under $10K and have fun spending around $30K for a no stories race one.
I think Pel will tell you he paid what that car was worth no less as like everything there isn't a free lunch and the car has had not inconsiderable money spent on it already in his tutelage....

As long as the car is insured at market I'd try not to let it bother you Buba. First it was the resprayed 993, then the appreciating GT3. Now the perfect original 3.2. Try not to let all this ruin the experience for you. Or else shel it all and buy something that isn't so precious that you can really love and enjoy like a favourite pair of Italian loafers lol!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:24 AM
Pel
Pro

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I think Pel snaffled the last cheap 911. I would call it now that you couldn't buy a RHD, manual 911 for less than $50K now.
Irony is, between brake upgrade, gearbox build, Fuchs recon, tyres, harnesses, steering wheel, lightweight battery, carb tuning, other misc parts & servicing, Im probably around 50k

20% leakdown from 5th cylinder will need attention at some point too.

For road use the engine is fine (if it looks dry, it seems enough for most) was no need for a box build either. Been said before but most guys using an old 911 for a Sunday drive are probably unaware, but have the same issues lurking below, a track hasn't exposed them however.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:27 AM
Pel
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
First it was the resprayed 993, then the appreciating GT3. Now the perfect original 3.2. Try not to let all this ruin the experience for you. Or else shel it all and buy something that isn't so precious that you can really love and enjoy like a favourite pair of Italian loafers lol!
This is gold
Old 01-29-2016, 10:19 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

fresh enthusiasm after a great 2 weekends at HD and everyone's keen to upgrade, buy a new race car, etc. good stuff.....
Old 01-29-2016, 04:02 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Pel will tell you he paid what that car was worth no less as like everything there isn't a free lunch and the car has had not inconsiderable money spent on it already in his tutelage....

As long as the car is insured at market I'd try not to let it bother you Buba. First it was the resprayed 993, then the appreciating GT3. Now the perfect original 3.2. Try not to let all this ruin the experience for you. Or else shel it all and buy something that isn't so precious that you can really love and enjoy like a favourite pair of Italian loafers lol!
Macca - I might be harbouring a secret loafer fetish....??

I really do like these Porsche Design loafers, but they are the 2013 collection and long gone.......

I could see you in these Gucci Loafers mate??
Attached Images   
Old 01-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt38088
fresh enthusiasm after a great 2 weekends at HD and everyone's keen to upgrade, buy a new race car, etc. good stuff.....
To the contrary Graeme some of us are even happier with what we have already got (and very much looking forward to the SITT) :-)
Old 01-29-2016, 06:52 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the contrary Graeme some of us are even happier with what we have already got ... :-)
Ditto - still falling deeper in love with mine too. A caged manual alongside would be nice though I suppose.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

But I have to say Buba those Porsche loafers do get me a bit light headed ;-)
Old 01-29-2016, 08:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

P.S. Just inquiring who may have taken the picture at the festival Im using in my Avatar? Is it possible someone could email me the full resolution image? Im not sure if it was Buba or Jake or someone else?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:08 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I was best man at a wedding a long time ago. The night before the wedding the Bride decided she wanted some obscure music for the first dance and told the groom to find it. When he couldn't she rang up our motel room and tore a strip off him. When she had finished she asked if he still loved her? His reply was priceless, 'yes but sometimes more than others'.

That's where I am at with Herman right now, but I know the first drive will bring back the love.

Right now I'm hanging on as Donna carves the Cayenne through the Awakino gorge. 2.5 tonnes of air conditioned comfort has no right to be this agile.

Btw funniest thing seen so far is a middle aged guy doing a road trip on a scooter. Loaded up with too much stuff and barely able to do 60. A
Old 01-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Feel the same way with the 993 at times John. I love the car, dont get me wrong, but there a days when if someone offered me attractive money for it I might move it on. Sometimes I feel the urge to try something new and although my long term tenure habits are hard to break Im in a lifestyle position where I need reliability, simplicity, and are always space challenged. The older I get the more inclined i am to spend every moment with them driving them and having an epic adventure and less of my time cleaning, fixing , modding them and staring at them in the garage i do not have in the country i do not live. everyone is different. Im pretty sure Id regret selling the old girl and would only consider it with a legal "48hr first right to refuse" if a formal offer were made to the next owner etc This was the agreement I had with Tomas for the car before getting cold feet...
Old 01-29-2016, 08:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Understand. I spoke with a 964 owner who had random offers to buy his car. Thing is, as he said, "once you sell how do you find another"? In most cases you can't, which is why you are getting unsolicited offers in the first place.

I wonder how long until Chris B coughs his 964 up? Only three people were approached on that one so the wider market value still hasn't been determined for that level of car.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?