Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 05:00 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the $40K 964 ship has loooong sailed.........??

I can regret not paying $45K for the for the CCS Red C4 last Christmas or the Man C2 for circa $65K 2 months ago in my leisure.......

Sounds like Pel has sold his TT to an ex 993 lurker on here??
Old 12-24-2015, 05:07 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
You gotta love the ambition. Sometimes me thinks that people hear about rising porsche prices, but it doesn't apply to them all.

I'm giving these guys in ChCh my cars on consignment when the time comes. I like their "international pricing strategy".

I enquired about the SC for $89K and see it didn't sell??
Old 12-24-2015, 05:19 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Paul. Im not sure any of the CHCH outfits have been selling their cars using the "international pricing strategy". But maybe it works well on the books for the taxman to do some GST recovery if you already have an offshore deal signed up? Maybe wink wink nudge nudge?
Old 12-24-2015, 05:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Good work Pel. Congrats Craig etc.

David. I haven't seen your car in the flesh so I cant be critical. One think that seems at odds. Silver door furniture on brown when the dash is a slab of black? Maybe anodize the silver ally black? Or put a strip of steel in the dash? or cover the dash top with the natural brown leather? I dont know but maybe something needs balancing here. Just a thought...

I also personally like the other wheels you had on better. Im not much a fuch guy tho (unless staggered with wild offsets etc). Nice that you have the choice however and can pick and choose when you like!

Last edited by Macca; 12-24-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:33 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I think the $40K 964 ship has loooong sailed.........?? I can regret not paying $45K for the for the CCS Red C4 last Christmas or the Man C2 for circa $65K 2 months ago in my leisure....... Sounds like Pel has sold his TT to an ex 993 lurker on here??
Doug's mate bought one for $42 very recently so not out of the park.

Macca, time for the annual Trademe ad?
Old 12-24-2015, 05:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Actually, today I went looking in my store and found a whole lot of interesting stuff. Including original factory new old stck 964 door jam/engine bay stickers! I need t spend a day or two there to have a proper clean out!
Old 12-24-2015, 06:06 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pel
Question for the defender guys out there, considering taking a punt on this sight unseen. The price seems OK for a limited edition model? Was after a small vehicle, everything looks a bit mundane except this, anything in particular I should look out for?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...1004094085.htm
Was this the 50th Anniversary model? Ad is gone now so can't tell.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Good work Pel. Congrats Craig etc.

David. I haven't seen your car in the flesh so I cant be critical. One think that seems at odds. Silver door furniture on brown when the dash is a slab of black? Maybe anodize the silver ally black? Or put a strip of steel in the dash? or cover the dash top with the natural brown leather? I dont know but maybe something needs balancing here. Just a thought...

I also personally like the other wheels you had on better. Im not much a fuch guy tho (unless staggered with wild offsets etc). Nice that you have the choice however and can pick and choose when you like!
Yes, the natural ali door pulls are now at odds so need darkening down a bit. Maybe the carpet ali edging at the door sills to as in Johns pic above should be black. Other than that, the black and brown / tan combo works well.

The Fuchs; the deep sixes were a must have - being such rare beasts - and also finished to roughly the correct configuration. Yesterday when I saw the car again I was blown away by them, IMO they complete the early 911 look. They do need a bit of spacing at the rear and the car could run lower now too. I have three sets of feet now, the 6" fuchs, 7" black centered fuchs with track tyres, and a set of cookies which I am using to experiment with colour and tyre sizes.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Actually, today I went looking in my store and found a whole lot of interesting stuff. Including original factory new old stck 964 door jam/engine bay stickers! I need t spend a day or two there to have a proper clean out!
I'd be keen to take those off your hands Macca.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes, the natural ali door pulls are now at odds so need darkening down a bit. Maybe the carpet ali edging at the door sills to as in Johns pic above should be black. Other than that, the black and brown / tan combo works well. The Fuchs; the deep sixes were a must have - being such rare beasts - and also finished to roughly the correct configuration. Yesterday when I saw the car again I was blown away by them, IMO they complete the early 911 look. They do need a bit of spacing at the rear and the car could run lower now too. I have three sets of feet now, the 6" fuchs, 7" black centered fuchs with track tyres, and a set of cookies which I am using to experiment with colour and tyre sizes.
My carpet strips are new so I have the old ones if you want to see what the aesthetics are like. Are you going to protect those sills?
Old 12-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
My carpet strips are new so I have the old ones if you want to see what the aesthetics are like. Are you going to protect those sills?
I'll take a good look at your oldies, thanks. I will investigate sill plates, could b a laser cut and fold job. Black or bronze Ali.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I'll take a good look at your oldies, thanks. I will investigate sill plates, could b a laser cut and fold job. Black or bronze Ali.
There is an honesty with the OEM black sill plates. They are practical and they aren't that expensive.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:09 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
There is an honesty with the OEM black sill plates.
JMC - that's the sort of ***** comment an architect would make - "honesty and integrity of the material selection".

Next you will be talking about the cohesiveness of the built environment and using indigenously sourced materials........

You have been reading too many reno magazines.

By the way - Merry Christmas..........
Old 12-25-2015, 02:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
JMC - that's the sort of ***** comment an architect would make - "honesty and integrity of the material selection".

Next you will be talking about the cohesiveness of the built environment and using indigenously sourced materials........

You have been reading too many reno magazines.

By the way - Merry Christmas..........
Didn't Santa visit Rotovegas?

Reading Guy Martin's book here until I can access channel 75.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:37 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Written off black 993 manual:

http://www.turners.co.nz/Damaged-Veh...e/911/14466283

That's a RL forum members car isn't it? Mark/Pauls old wheels?

Wonder what happened to it? My guess it will go for silly money?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?