Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 12:47 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Your a funny man Graeme :-). Bubba likes to cook for Jenni in high heels when the kids have gone to bed. How did you think he got those big calfs? Those are more his cuppa yes I reckon (and likely more than a Euro holiday too!).
haha all in good humour of course but this could go downhill fast
Old 12-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Pel - Not sure for what purpose? Pretty sure Steve is a certified scrutineer though not sure if he is a 'designated PCNZ' one.

Terry Riding is the PCNZ person who arranges sitting of licenses etc but that's not a scrutineering role.
The SC's Motorsport Authority Card is in the previous owners name, speaking with Motorsport NZ today, they advised me I couldn't enter an event with the logbook and card not in my name. Was advised I need to fill out an "Authority Card Application T007" and have the car checked by an "A" Designated Scrutineer or Technical Officer" prior to them issuing me an Authority Card and Logbook in my name.

I was assuming since the 944 has a WOF plus full cage, harness and seats you would have been through this?

I will try Steve first.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:55 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
The SC's Motorsport Authority Card is in the previous owners name, speaking with Motorsport NZ today, they advised me I couldn't enter an event with the logbook and card not in my name. Was advised I need to fill out an "Authority Card Application T007" and have the car checked my an "A" Designated Scrutineer or Technical Officer" prior to them issuing me an Authority Card and Logbook in my name.

I was assuming since the 944 has a WOF plus full cage, harness and seats you would have been through this?

I will try Steve first.
Yep - spot on. For that purpose I actually used Dan as he had just got his scrutineer's licence.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:06 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but compared to the value in a TypeR civic in track spec or a typeR Integra I think the Hondas win for value. Track spec S2000 could be fun too...
I think the Renault Sport products are great, I'm just not sure if I could bring myself to buy one personally, biased I know!

As you say, the Honda's are just great value for money and I love an engine that can rev. I've always been a fan of DC2 Integra Type Rs but they are getting hard to find in good condition these days and the final shape DC5s are easier to get hold of, plus the have the K20a which is an excellent engine. I will probably go have a look at one in the new year. To many cars on the wish list currently though (a couple of motorbikes too!) so some tough decisions will need to be made.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
The SC's Motorsport Authority Card is in the previous owners name, speaking with Motorsport NZ today, they advised me I couldn't enter an event with the logbook and card not in my name. Was advised I need to fill out an "Authority Card Application T007" and have the car checked by an "A" Designated Scrutineer or Technical Officer" prior to them issuing me an Authority Card and Logbook in my name.

I will try Steve first.
Pel. Im not sure what events you are looking at but if Sprints and time trials for Festival you may not need a current card just a WOF etc?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:45 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pel. Im not sure what events you are looking at but if Sprints and time trials for Festival you may not need a current card just a WOF etc?
Correct, I think it's more if it has a card, it needs to be correct. That's what im hearing from them.

Could probably argue my case on the day but not worth the risk.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Correct, I think it's more if it has a card, it needs to be correct. That's what im hearing from them. Could probably argue my case on the day but not worth the risk.
Can you just pretend it doesn't have a card and let it be judged on the WOF or is the full cage a giveaway?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:21 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Can you just pretend it doesn't have a card and let it be judged on the WOF or is the full cage a giveaway?
Pel has it right. From experience you don't take the risk negotiating with authority on race day. They have no real sympathy.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:52 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

I've been looking at rebuild kits and to do all sixteen pots will cost in the region of $950 in parts alone. Thats before stripping and painting, labour, etc. Each kit contains a (probably redundant) piston and seals. I haven't found anywhere that sells the seals alone.

Has anyone rebuilt their calipers and found cheaper alternatives?
Old 12-15-2015, 03:07 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
To many cars on the wish list currently though (a couple of motorbikes too!) so some tough decisions will need to be made.
What bikes are you considering Stuart? Road, offroad, track or all three?
Old 12-15-2015, 03:11 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I've been looking at rebuild kits and to do all sixteen pots will cost in the region of $950 in parts alone. Thats before stripping and painting, labour, etc. Each kit contains a (probably redundant) piston and seals. I haven't found anywhere that sells the seals alone.

Has anyone rebuilt their calipers and found cheaper alternatives?
Have a chat to Logan, he rebuilt his when he picked up the 964.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:36 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
OK Guys
got a preferred assembly time for Saturday??
Whos bringing partners etc so I can firm up the numbers
At present, parking on the wharf is difficult, but I am 'talking' with management for a leave pass

Metre long Pizza again, or sausages on the BBQ?
Hi Phil,
I have a threesome saturday, no not that sort, but three events all on the same night. I plan to get to them all and no idea of timing so just save me some standing room on deck. One of the events is a staggy and as you and I know there is opportune times to turn up to those to catch the high class entertainment.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:52 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Just a quick perv at the partially complete interior of the Orange T.
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
Just a quick perv at the partially complete interior of the Orange T.
That looks awesome mate!!!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?