Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 03:06 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, it sure looks like just you and me playing with air cooled on the 12th :-(
Old 11-02-2015, 03:07 AM
Dust 00
Track Day

Originally Posted by Macca
Best 964 I ever did see was this 964 (which i wondered if was teh one that sold to CHCH?). Sold in 2010 for 50K (asking 55K) with genuine 33.5K on the clock. I also heard it may have been bought and exported to Australia (Fox collection?). Im not sure about that as would make sense its the one you are talking of. Cleanest and lowest km 20 year old car Ive ever seen when it came up for sale 5 years back....of course was asking top dollar then. If a 993 C4S with 37k km on it can get $219K then this 964 could get over 100K assuming its still in same condition today...
I am pretty sure thats the one, but it may have cup wheels on now and looks even nicer than those pics. Rest assured its getting enjoyed now and not just sitting in a glass box.

There is alot of great stuff lurking about in chch, some cool long hoods and lately a few tubos (993, 964s, 930) coming out to play. (Note the baby seat in the back of the 993).

Name:  IMG_5721.PNG
Views: 230
Size:  1.21 MB

Name:  IMG_6676.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  254.5 KB

Name:  993turbo.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  217.5 KB
Old 11-02-2015, 03:12 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
If my properties performed like my Pcar portfolio, I would grossly over-removed, sold for a massive loss and gone broke by now....... :-(

(and had fun doing it...........)

I do think you need to quote overseas prices as they are international commidities. Unlike property, you can move them?

I don't agree with your x2 for exporting to Aussie and have shown you in PM's numbers by Aussies who regularly import. My dad also imported about 3 x 308's into Aussie when they where $25K USD and the Aussie was equal to the American a few years back. Things may have changed now, but I think they only cost him several K to import and comply. He used to play with them for a while and then sell for a small profit.

I also think there is a 25 year rule, which makes importing classic cars much easier.

I think you will find Notty imported half our long hoods there??
Ive sent you the Australian Import duties and Customs regs on importing a car less than 25 years old. You can read what you like in it but Davids wife (25 years in Australian Customs and still there working towards her happy Govt retirement package) provided that an it was David I was bidding the Vince 964C2 for.

Otherwise I think the other Australian bidder may have kept going beyond 55k?

Happy to provide anyone the official Au customs work up sheet for a car under 25 years old used from NZ that was provided me direct from Australian customs if one wants to have a looks see. Its even signed off by Erin, Dave partner using her Australian Customs official email address.

Back in the good old days mates were sending E26 5 series to Australia (ex Japan into NZ) when the rules may have been different. If you owned the car 6 or 12 months (cant remember which) then you could avoid some costs. Youd register it in your Aussie mates name here in NZ first for a while and drive around in it. Have a few mates that did that too. Free transport for sending it over with the paperwork. can register a car under any name you like in NZ (or at least could back then).

I dont know what you've been shown but send it through and lets see. If theres another way to get a 964 993 or similar into Aus cheaper than my guide rule of NZD x 2 (then converted to AUD) Im all ears as it sounds like a business opportunity I might be interested in.

If it really were the case why wouldnt every 964, 993 and GT3 be going to Australia. How many of those cars have you heard of leave our shores for Oz?

As for UK, well the math is simpler (VAT, shipping, insurance, compliance, road registration) and the forex is the real driver there.

Comparing the prices in market A separated by distance, tax/compliance structures and currency isn't the way you eventuate the value of an item in market B mate. When it does happen its generally known as "arbitrage".

I have no doubt that when the Kiwi comes under renewed pressure from the GBP and assuming the market there stays buoyant, we will see more cars go to the UK. The math works better there. However unless there is a significant differential and the car is over 25 years old it doesn't work for the Australian market under the current rules.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:18 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I still have the Cayenne. I let Donna drive to the Naki and she was carving up the corners.
Like a cold spoon through ice cream? Can't imagine a car that heavy carving so well but have read comments from Doug multiple times on how well they drive so half believe it.

Have managed to talk my partner into joining me for the SITT in its entirety. Quite looking forward to showing her around the west coast of the South Island and everything before and after, but I expect it will mean I need to share wheel time. Hopefully she takes a leaf out of Donna's book and can keep up with Macca!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dust 00
I am pretty sure thats the one, but it may have cup wheels on now and looks even nicer than those pics. Rest assured its getting enjoyed now and not just sitting in a glass box.

There is alot of great stuff lurking about in chch, some cool long hoods and lately a few tubos (993, 964s, 930) coming out to play. (Note the baby seat in the back of the 993).
Great to hear the 964 is getting driven. The risk with cars like those is that once someone pays a premium for them, and that premium is largely linked to mileage and condition, then they are often too scared to put miles on them or use them for what they were intended...

Christchurch has always been an interesting car market. Theres been alot of wealthy enthusiasts and collectors based there and in the past at least some interesting exotics were sold new in CHCH. I think the Ferrari count per head population is possibly greater than Auckland LOL!

Ive never seen the 930 SE in your first photograph. Must be the other one (other than David Macs Uk import). The white T I think Im familiar with. It was Sporto and lived in WTGN many years on Tinakori road just upo from where I was living.

Heres the really interesting thing. UP101 (993 Turbo) was for sale in July 2008 (as peer David spread sheet) as a NZ new Arena red car with grey leather. Sold by Gillies in 2006 then again my armstrong in 2008 and the mileage at the time of sale (35K in 06 & 36K in 08) ties in with carjam records! One assumes someone colour changed it...
Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Like a cold spoon through ice cream? Can't imagine a car that heavy carving so well but have read comments from Doug multiple times on how well they drive so half believe it.

Have managed to talk my partner into joining me for the SITT in its entirety. Quite looking forward to showing her around the west coast of the South Island and everything before and after, but I expect it will mean I need to share wheel time. Hopefully she takes a leaf out of Donna's book and can keep up with Macca!
No worries mate. Jo can drive the GT3 when Yuka is at the wheel of the 997TT! See - theres a plan for everything ;-)
Old 11-02-2015, 03:44 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

You are right, I remember UP 101 as Arena. Not such a popular colour in the period after launch and I wiuld have avoided that when there was choice. Nowadays, probably do able and befitting of the era.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:50 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Great to hear the 964 is getting driven. The risk with cars like those is that once someone pays a premium for them, and that premium is largely linked to mileage and condition, then they are often too scared to put miles on them or use them for what they were intended...

Christchurch has always been an interesting car market. Theres been alot of wealthy enthusiasts and collectors based there and in the past at least some interesting exotics were sold new in CHCH. I think the Ferrari count per head population is possibly greater than Auckland LOL!

Ive never seen the 930 SE in your first photograph. Must be the other one (other than David Macs Uk import). The white T I think Im familiar with. It was Sporto and lived in WTGN many years on Tinakori road just upo from where I was living.

Heres the really interesting thing. UP101 (993 Turbo) was for sale in July 2008 (as peer David spread sheet) as a NZ new Arena red car with grey leather. Sold by Gillies in 2006 then again my armstrong in 2008 and the mileage at the time of sale (35K in 06 & 36K in 08) ties in with carjam records! One assumes someone colour changed it...
UP101 is a personalised plate so obviously been on an Arena Red car too.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:53 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Man, you guys are seriously a bunch of trainspotters. I wouldn't have it any other way
Old 11-02-2015, 04:00 AM
shiraz
Racer

How many of you are coming thru east coast- Canty area? Have made arrangement offline to meet up with Doug for a little "tight n twisty."
Those prices/mileages discussed above are just plain silly - at less than 2000 km/yr over 18 yrs it probably has issues from lack of use. Seals, suspension etc.
Cheers - David
Old 11-02-2015, 04:01 AM
Dust 00
Track Day

Thumbs up

I understand the change to black on the 993, full respect for the family utility approach too.

Ha, that Farrari legend sounds like our Lamborghini legend about the deep south!

This intersting speedster semi recently came to our shores and again in Chch - the reversal of the "big european buy back".

Name:  IMG_1823.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  148.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1826.jpeg
Views: 229
Size:  106.4 KB
Old 11-02-2015, 04:40 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Nice - I like speedster's...........

I believe a ChCh person purchased 3 speedsters off a well known collector - a 55, 89 and 12 models - just needs a 964 to complete? (maybe they have one??)
Old 11-02-2015, 04:57 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ive got a serious "sideways towards the cliff" moment in there. Didnt own a GoPro at the time but my wife and I remember it vividly.

I have the footage from the car behind me but all he sees is dust. Hit 100m of gravel road repair at close to 90kmph in a windy section. car wanted to change direction without me. To say it was a scary moment is understatement. I dipped the clutch, dabbed the brakes and hail Mary. It worked. Got back onto it with gusto straight after (Jo wasnt happy about that). Figured its like falling off a horse you have to get on again straight away. Will dig up footage somewhere.

Ill find the footage and post it.

In the meantime back to hand cranking the generator to get some internet LOL!
Oh also forgot to mention that 3 tour cars got tangled up at the same spot on a marbley gravel section of road. The kids in cars Falcon, a BMW 135i and a rental car that had joined the tour when a competitor had to pull out.
Not a good look..............
Old 11-02-2015, 06:17 AM
esonefour
Intermediate

Kids and cars will need a bit more than a polish, didn't see the camry or 135i it wasn't the stage that you had to sign a disclaimer?
Was a very nice white 69 911T on the 2 day tour, half cage looked great.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:31 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

yes signed a disclaimer

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?