Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_chch
In the 22 months I've had my SC, a few of my friends have all picked up 911's of various specs from out of town. Another SC, 2x C4 964's, 3x C2 964's.. and of those, only 1 of these cars has been moved on.

The White low K's 964 that made its way down here last year is a really nice car. Not surprised at all by the price paid.

Still have no idea how to gauge prices though. As was witnessed by Vince's C2 sale, it doesn't take much to taint a sale! The internet can a scary place to sell. A few good words can be a blessing, and a whisper of doubt can shut it all down in a second.

There's usually a winner in the end though....
It does seem quite a few of the cars are heading down that way and folk down there are prepared to pay top dollar. Its curious given the property appreciation in Auckland and the fact that I understand some of the roads down that way are still compromised. I guess alt of money has been made in certain industries since the Earthquake and that also Christchurch has always had more than its fair share of interesting cars and this obviously folk who are car enthusiasts.

Best 964 I ever did see was this 964 (which i wondered if was teh one that sold to CHCH?). Sold in 2010 for 50K (asking 55K) with genuine 33.5K on the clock. I also heard it may have been bought and exported to Australia (Fox collection?). Im not sure about that as would make sense its the one you are talking of. Cleanest and lowest km 20 year old car Ive ever seen when it came up for sale 5 years back....of course was asking top dollar then. If a 993 C4S with 37k km on it can get $219K then this 964 could get over 100K assuming its still in same condition today...
Attached Images        
Old 11-02-2015, 12:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey Paul. Glad you bought it for the right reasons mate! By the way you have been quoting offshore 996 GT3 & Carrera 3.2 prices lately, I was starting to worry you have become the "property investor" equivalent of a "Porsche Guy" for a moment! ;-)

When I was at Milford CC with the boys a few weeks back i heard something mentioned about Ollies RS. I wasn't paying much attention. I think the deal fell over. Looks like back on the market.

Yeah - they got the dolly bird on reception to fill in the window card obviously LOL!

Dont you all have a track day shortly to talk about?
Old 11-02-2015, 01:43 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, 14th. The screaming T will be there
Old 11-02-2015, 01:47 AM
Maxem
Drifting

The View from 964's and 993's
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2015, 02:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That's more like it Dave!

I think the lonely 964 owner may have plenty of time to take in the lovely rear, spoiler less lines.

There are no 993's for you to chase David. They are collectors cars now ;-P

Looks like there will be fun up the pointy in with the 996 GT3s. Paul, I assume with the new brakes and geo you have a new set of Z221? I have no doubt you'll see off Nigel & John this time.

Some Cayman R vs race Cayman fun looks like it will unfold. Im rooting for Peter to get into the 15s in the R. If Chris B has it sorted could be and early 15 in there or better?

I note Steve R has not defined his car at registration. be interesting to see what gets wheeled out aye. Will the 997 have some new go fast settings or kit or will it he revert to the 964 Gulf car? Be interesting to find out :-)
Old 11-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Be quite good if the gulf longhood came out, then I'm hoping Pel is there in the carburetted SC. Now we're talking; we need some more interesting oldies.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:26 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would have loved to but the day was full, will be overseas so can't even come down for a perv at your new girl! Signed in for December though... What feet are you running?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeah, 14th. The screaming T will be there
I saw it today as I came back from the Naki. Someone I didn't recognise appeared to be working on it. Dan was non committal whether Herman's box could be finished before I travel to Aus in two weeks. With Christmas fast approaching after that I'm starting to expect a January finish, possibly not making the track day as I won't have time to shake down etcetera.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:35 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hey Paul. Glad you bought it for the right reasons mate! By the way you have been quoting offshore 996 GT3 & Carrera 3.2 prices lately, I was starting to worry you have become the "property investor" equivalent of a "Porsche Guy" for a moment! ;-)
If my properties performed like my Pcar portfolio, I would have grossly over-renovated, sold for a massive loss and gone broke by now....... :-(

(and had fun doing it...........)

I do think you need to quote overseas prices as they are international commodities. Unlike property, you can move them?

I don't agree with your x2 for exporting to Aussie and have shown you in PM's numbers by Aussies who regularly import. My dad also imported about 3 x 308's into Aussie when they were $25K USD and the Aussie was equal to the American a few years back. Things may have changed now, but I think they only cost him several K to import and comply. He used to play with them for a while and then sell for a small profit.

I also think there is a 25 year rule, which makes importing classic cars much easier.

I think you will find Notty imported half our long hoods there??

Last edited by kiwi 911; 11-02-2015 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John why is the box build pushing out, parts availability?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I agree David. Its always nice to have a mix in the field. But its a small field this time.

I'm bringing the 993 out to play for the Festival of Speed in Jan if any of the air-suckers want to join me on the track for 15+16+17 Jan. Might be a great way to debut the Orange T to the wider community - Dave?

John, that's one very long gearbox rebuild mate! Kick some *** and lets see you at the 11 Jan RSG meet or at the very least have your car at the Porsche Festival of speed. Im keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:02 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I saw it today as I came back from the Naki. Someone I didn't recognise appeared to be working on it. Dan was non committal whether Herman's box could be finished before I travel to Aus in two weeks. With Christmas fast approaching after that I'm starting to expect a January finish, possibly not making the track day as I won't have time to shake down etcetera.
You'd better do a Dave and buy something interim as a do up while your rebuild takes shape :-P
Old 11-02-2015, 03:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pel
John why is the box build pushing out, parts availability?
The last parts (diff clutch pack) should arrive this week, but there may be other work ahead of fitting it (probably Track day participants with last minute requests!). My work schedule doesn't allow odd days off so it could take multiple weeks until I can collect the finished gearbox. Then I will have multiple systems to sort out, as I've touched a lot of different areas and again I can't get away to sort out geo and dyno runs. That may push items out until people come back to work in mid Jan.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:03 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pel
Would have loved to but the day was full, will be overseas so can't even come down for a perv at your new girl! Signed in for December though... What feet are you running?
7" Fuchs with 205 50 15 Dunlop Direza Z2's. Not so inclined to go down the super sticky route just yet but will see how that goes.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:05 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
You'd better do a Dave and buy something interim as a do up while your rebuild takes shape :-P
I still have the Cayenne. I let Donna drive to the Naki and she was carving up the corners.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?