Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got an older ipad and almost can't use it. It is so slow. Tried all the Google tips but still useless. 2 other ipads in the house are lightening fast. I do have trouble from time to time with RL but I do access the site through safari and not the App. Never on PC. Slow to change I guess. Biggest bug for me is loading only one image per post and have noticed a bit of freezing and double posting but am unsure if that is just the unresponsive ipad.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 PM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get double post sometimes too - using laptop. Frequently need to scroll across screen too, irritating.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Confused. You must be using a different app? "IB Autogroup" on the AppStore is v 1.6.2 which is what I'm using. What iPad app are you using that is v 9.0.2 and where are you getting the version number from. As I'm in the Internet industry I'll say again, these apps and the website are effectively mid-2000's rubbish. Why I'm refusing to renew my paid subscription.
Sorry Doug that's my iOS version. Using IB Autogroup on iPad and Garage Talk in iPhone 5.0s. Both iOS 9.0.x
Old 10-10-2015, 09:57 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Good work Walter. I love watching the Vtec power up the main straight.
Thanks John. Yep, a good launch out of HD's T10 sweeper and she does well right on through. Just under half our passes were between track out of T10 and turn in for T1, though that includes the four off the start. Here's the breakdown from after:

Race start: 4
All corners (between turn in and track out): 12
Main straight (post start): 9
Other straights: 7

Includes lapped traffic and probably one soft pass of someone heading in to the pits. Turn 3 looks to be the hardest one for pulling off a pass.

Timing issues with qualifying saw me start off the back of Grid 2. Things are closer in Grid 1 of course. Running P39-11 then P29-3 sure felt like a nice way to start the new season though.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:16 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Walter and other 2k cuppers, I can't make bbq session on 30/10 as its Donnas birthday. I will get bb2's master cylinder sorted that week and look at brake pads etc so someone else can have a run.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:24 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Yeah the length of time it takes to load picturs on the phone and iPad is quite painful.

I see some useful scope creep here John. You may as well spend a little extra while you are in in there. The intake manifold is a nice idea. If its plastic then you will need to prep the surface well. I paid $600 to have mine done including prep work, primer and two top coats but it really does set the engine off beautifully. You have a wonderful new alternator fan. You should think about getting the fan surround HPC (ceramic) coated. The housing gets very hot. This will set the fan off and with the intake plenum painted and the new sound pad and all the internals wires and pipes cleaned the engine will look spic!
Lots of scope creep. I have metal intake runners so probably more options e.g, could polish and clear powder coat them.

Noted on the rear suspension. When I did the fronts the guy said they were in great condition so I would expect the same of the rears but you never know. Certainly easy to do them now but time is tight as I am in Sydney as much as Auckland until the Porsche picnic. I still have RMS, nose bearing, distributor caps, crank reference sensor, fuel filter, carpet, trim etc to do plus the front of the house, laundry, toilet etc to do. I think I'll lose some of the low priority things like the air con
Old 10-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Walter and other 2k cuppers, I can't make bbq session on 30/10 as its Donnas birthday. I will get bb2's master cylinder sorted that week and look at brake pads etc so someone else can have a run.
Yeah, I'm on for that. What do I need to do to enter?
Old 10-10-2015, 10:33 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Deleted double post
Old 10-10-2015, 10:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeah, I'm on for that. What do I need to do to enter?
You and Paul are definitely head of the queue. You need a valid race license. Then PM Walter or Neil and get the details as they entered the cars for the season. The entry website is Motorsports entry. http://www.motorsportentry.com/
Old 10-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John low priority is the laundry surely - who uses that room anyway? LOL!

Yes with alloy intake you can powder coat. Plenty of options. If prepping yourself sure it will cost no more than $200 to paint.

Its almost impossible to tell the state of the 911 rear shocks with the engine in the car (loaded). Have them test them static. Id be pretty sure after 15-20 years and the use they've been given the could do with a rebuild? Again no point cutting corners this stage if you are lifing the car back to "zero" better off being a month late and spend a little extra to get it all done once and properly than re visit it again (I made the mistake and between 2011-2014 I covered every single part of the car from drive shaft to wheel bearing to aircon to control rod from gearbox to engine to dissy to suspension and brakes - if Id done it all at once would have saved alot of time and money rather than the three times I had to revisit some areas). Of course you need rear geo anyway after engine/gearbox drop?

Question is will it get driven in anger every again after? I hope so :-)
Old 10-10-2015, 10:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Front control arms should be roughly right as I marked the eccentric bolt position however I'm almost certainly doing the spring plates as well so that makes an alignment absolutely necessary.

No room for a garage queen in my world. If I pepper the bonnet with stone chips I'll simply get it sorted. Much easier matching fresh paint.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:10 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Again no point cutting corners this stage ... if Id done it all at once would have saved alot of time and money
John, appreciate that the aircon may be 'a bridge too far' for you just now. If it was me, I'd just replace that dodgy part under the fuel tank that costs all the labour to get to (evap or condenser - can't recall, and presuming you're most of the way to it already) and leave the rest of it for later attention.
Dave, a race licence is not obligatory for the BBCTD, just helmet, suit and an entered car. If you have yours, all the better but as long as you know your flags you should be right.

http://2kcup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=804

Motorsportentry.com is the usual site for races but not sure for the BBCTD. Entry is probably on the 2KCup Facebook page else use the email addy in the link above.

You'd better take the Grinch (RSG1/62) unless it's spoken for. Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:45 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

No room for a garage queen in my world. If I pepper the bonnet with stone chips I'll simply get it sorted. Much easier matching fresh paint.
Precisely what I wanted to hear mate! Paint is the easiest thing to repair. Just get everything else right and enjoy...
Old 10-11-2015, 12:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Precisely what I wanted to hear mate! Paint is the easiest thing to repair. Just get everything else right and enjoy...
I'm quite excited at the thought of driving a 964 which is close to new condition as it should be tight. Even the gear shift which I thought was fully sorted with the new cups will benefit from the new transmission mount. Control arms and recently reconditioned front shocks will keep the front on line. New spring plates will give me scope for more rear camber. I suspect I'll be hunted when back on track so need to turn it up a notch. Nothing like a fully sorted suspension to give confidence to push it.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:23 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Same here - Bathurst on the big screen all day. Compulsory viewing - best sporting weekend of the year with a couple of cracking RWC games to boot.

COTF is less of an issue at Bathurst - so much else can happen with multiple stops, safety cars, driver changes and the rest. Bit of rain for the Gis would be interesting but looks clear and dry. His shoutout lap was amazing given how wet it got relative to the first runners.
Halfway now and behind the safety car, with rain threatening. Family recovering from crook guts so been a day of motorsport, having watched Grand Prix (1966) this morning with the kids already. Great movie, if a bit sobering.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?