Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2015, 02:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Bloody brilliant!!! No more crap from our Aussie mates for a while :-)
Attached Images  

Last edited by Macca; 10-31-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

This is the way we do it....
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2015, 03:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

You can bet the Melbourne crowd will pull the usual AFl is our game excuse but I don't care. Winners are grinners
Old 10-31-2015, 03:53 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
The truck has been trawling town with two ABs flags last few weeks. you'd be proud Pete!!
I am mate, I am!!!

Wooohoooo!!!!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:13 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
This is the way we do it....
Loving the beach party style Macca! And great effort from the AB's to see their World Cup tally marrying up better with their talent.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:33 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Oops, just reread my essay - too many late nights last week, overlaid with Friday track buzz. Plus I'd already taken the Turbo off at the hairpin once too, as Paul can attest.

Doug, I couldn't refill the Grinch up after, so will take some jerry cans over this week - just didn't think to take my wallet out of the T before you drove her back to Chris's. Trust you enjoyed the run - was pleased to find some decently long new bug streaks on her windscreen after.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Looking at the flags on our wagon this morning tho they are rather small I think they must have helped a little. Wish I could be celebrating in London right now with friends!!!
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2015, 09:53 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Oops, just reread my essay - too many late nights last week, overlaid with Friday track buzz. Plus I'd already taken the Turbo off at the hairpin once too, as Paul can attest.

Doug, I couldn't refill the Grinch up after, so will take some jerry cans over this week - just didn't think to take my wallet out of the T before you drove her back to Chris's. Trust you enjoyed the run - was pleased to find some decently long new bug streaks on her windscreen after.
TBH I took it real slow not wanting to risk anything.

Felt bad reading your post about the pads running out on you. I planned to only run for an hour as I had to leave early and just get used to the car at 8/10ths so ran with a set of cheap rear pads and we had and a set of up to 50% used front pads. I'm sure you would have been driving much harder. In the rush to leave and you taking over didn't think about the pads. Sorry about that. Lesson there.

Had trouble finding 3rd a couple of times in the grinch and found two problems:

The right front cv boot is split and has been throwing grease everywhere.

Also there is an awful suspension groaning like noise from the front left when driving normally. Mentioned it and you said it's been there for a while. Don't notice it on the track. I jacked her up and had a good wiggle and spin of the wheel and it felt good. Somethings not right though?
Old 10-31-2015, 11:14 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ABs!

Originally Posted by peterC2S
And plenty of choice too. 981, 987 Gen 1 & 2, S or base, manual or tip/pdk. Pretty much every combo available.

Interesting that the only option not available is a low priced, higher miler Gen 1 Manual S suitable for race car conversion!
+1 for perspective: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-970549660.htm

Cheers,
Mike
Old 11-01-2015, 12:09 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That seems like very good value
Old 11-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That's awesome value. Manual, NZ new low km. What an incredible amount of car for the $$$. Id be compelled to buy this over a 997 C2 if I was in the market to spend 80K.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:56 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by O2GO
TBH I took it real slow not wanting to risk anything.
Thanks Doug, splatters must've been mine then as I was late down. Was hoping you'd given her a bit of a lash TBH, provided PSM didn't fail out on you.

Felt bad reading your post about the pads running out on you. I planned to only run for an hour as I had to leave early and just get used to the car at 8/10ths so ran with a set of cheap rear pads and we had and a set of up to 50% used front pads. I'm sure you would have been driving much harder. In the rush to leave and you taking over didn't think about the pads. Sorry about that. Lesson there.
Nothing to feel sorry about. I was driving, and did look at the pads of both cars when I first got there. Just didn't take the time to recheck them. Those extra sessions must've hammered them pretty hard, or maybe they had that insulation layer at the base which doesn't brake. I take it the rears were probably the C-plus ones from BNT were they? Do you maybe remember what the fronts were?

Had trouble finding 3rd a couple of times in the grinch and found two problems:

The right front cv boot is split and has been throwing grease everywhere.

Also there is an awful suspension groaning like noise from the front left when driving normally. Mentioned it and you said it's been there for a while. Don't notice it on the track. I jacked her up and had a good wiggle and spin of the wheel and it felt good. Somethings not right though?
Thanks for advising. What's your feeling on the boot - bodgeable or needs replacement? Yes, that front left noise has always been part of the Grinch experience for me, since first starting her up at the Masters (as you say, only seems to do it at low speed in the paddock) but was worse yesterday. Felt pretty self conscious backing her in to park for the after match function (chips and coke) but no-one commented, other than a couple noticing our 'Mad Max' windscreen fan.

Not sure, but sounds like something is binding a bit rather than operating smoothly. Will see if I can work out where that's coming from when I take the petrol out to her + look the rotors over too. I'm not overly mechanically inclined but will take a second jack + stands and work the suspension a bit to see if I get it to do it while I'm looking at it. With it only happening at low speeds, maybe some 'stiction' in the system causing it to judder a bit during slow gradual displacements? If I can't find it we should probably get her looked at. Her gearbox did graunch a bit on me too once or twice for the first time too, but not enough to miss a shift. John's thought a while back was to get the most use out of the current box as possible. From a stop , I often curse reverse and sometimes first as they can take a couple of goes but have got on well with her once moving. She may need some love on that front soon or a name change to 'The Graunch' might be on the cards I suppose.

It was great seeing you guys out on track together, wish I'd thought to bring my decent camera.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-973808933.htm

^^^ Macca...........?? (RS Rep time??)
Old 11-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-973808933.htm

^^^ Macca...........?? (RS Rep time??)
Interesting. They look lovely dont they but they are heavy and soft and prone to coming out of true. Those rear offsets wouldnt work for me in the rear at RS height either unfortunately and I think hes asking rich. I can land them new for less.

The custom made kershers I sold you and now with Luke are far nicer made, lighter, wider and fit.

You can still buy the real deal for $9700 a set including freight and Ive seen sets change hands for $6000 NZD or less on RL (there was a big group buy a few years ago for $3000 USD landed a set from factory to NZ! I really wish I had have bought a set now...).

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P93...nnSport-Wheels

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?