Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I feel very lucky, and equally sad, that i did then, and now can't, take advantage of the twice a week Ruapuna test day's. A whole day, 20 minutes alternating sessions between car and bikes for $40. Sometimes you would have the track alone or at least with your spotter. I'm glad i sold my track bike now. I would just not have been able to enjoy it as i once did
Hot Damn that's unreal! And a great track to book. Looking forward to getting back to Ruapuna next March!

We may be jumping the gun a bit on Quinn. That said it has a bad taste from the beginning for budget track goers who want insurance cover LOL! Puke will find they are in demand but the issue there is the track is a sideline and they will not operate many weekends of the year due to horse races. the facilities are also meager.

The provinces are where its at folks. Forget your over priced Auckland business, move to Taupo, Waiarapa, Cantebury or north eastern Otago plains, buy and absolute SPREAD for high 6 figures, have great quality of life with plenty of toys and cheap and unlimited access to some of the best race tracks in NZ, your kids can go to school safely and learn to hike, camp and river raft, your missus will forget about Jimmy Choo shoes and youll have plenty of time and capital to invest on your clicks and mortar internet business which runs in teh background while you sleep making you 50c on every dollar invested and with which you can travel all around the world with when the kids are down at Otago university and its not cool enough to snow ski yet but too cool to waterski and too wet to bash up the race track....

Whats everyone waiting for?
Old 10-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Warwick. Those wheels will look very nice indeed on a black 964. Classey choice. Next step up is BBS E88, but the Works much better value....

Sean Seamer has the information you need. He has been through the whole sizing thing on his 964 RS rep. If you PM me Ill put you in touch because I dont think he hangs around here much anymore.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
We may be jumping the gun a bit on Quinn. That said it has a bad taste from the beginning for budget track goers who want insurance cover LOL! Puke will find they are in demand but the issue there is the track is a sideline and they will not operate many weekends of the year due to horse races.
Too many cats and dogs! Pet food problems at both our local tracks...
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Warwick. Those wheels will look very nice indeed on a black 964. Classey choice. Next step up is BBS E88, but the Works much better value....

Sean Seamer has the information you need. He has been through the whole sizing thing on his 964 RS rep. If you PM me Ill put you in touch because I dont think he hangs around here much anymore.
As much as if like some e88's I just can't get much head around the $10+k it would cost to land them. At a little over $3k I can get a quality wheel and two thirds the cachet for a third of the cost. No disrespect to Work wheels as they make a top shelf product. These bad boys only weigh a little more than the e88's and are three piece wheels.

Thanks Macca, I have a direct line to Mr Seamer. We've done a little Porsche business together in the past and been meaning to catch up for a while now
Old 10-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

[/INDENT]
Originally Posted by 996tnz
Too many cats and dogs! Pet food problems at both our local tracks...
Old 10-28-2015, 09:17 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Did you consider Rotiforms Warwick? They make some interesting three piece forged sets and my perception is that they're a cheaper alternative to BBS.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 PM
Dust 00
Track Day

I have a direct line to Mr Seamer. We've done a little Porsche business together in the past and been meaning to catch up for a while now
Let us know how you get on with your specs, I have my eye on a set of Works as well but in bronze on bronze. I've just put Bilstiens and H&R springs in, what spring/shock set up are you running?

Name:  image001.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  115.8 KB
Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dust 00
Let us know how you get on with your specs, I have my eye on a set of Works as well but in bronze on bronze. I've just put Bilstiens and H&R springs in, what spring/shock set up are you running?

Attachment 986362
Hi mate, welcome to our little corner of RL. That pic looks the shiz. I have a black car and bronze would look kick ar$e too but i'm sold on the platinum gold. I'm running Bilstein pss10's
Old 10-28-2015, 10:17 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a cross post from the 964 forum but if anyone here would care to chime in?

I'm looking into buying a set of Work Brombacher and would like your opinions on sizing. I am running around RS ride height and a fair amount a camber. The car is used for a mix of road and track, though these wheels won't be used on track as they are there for posing. That said, I am not interested in a slammed car just one with a good stance. It goes without saying i want to minimise rubbing and my be willing to use thin spacers (up to 7mm) as required

Here are the possible specs options

Obligatory eye candy.

I have no wise words in terms of offsets and the like but I do make the observation that you will soon join the hundy club?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:02 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
I have no wise words in terms of offsets and the like but I do make the observation that you will soon join the hundy club?
Dave, i have a loooooooong way to go yet. Throw in a engine and transmission rebuild and i'll be wearing the t-shirt
Old 10-29-2015, 12:43 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Big hi from the hundy club. More members welcome

Just did the nose bearing sleeve. It was a job I was dreading as big torque values and some horror stories out there. No more leaks from that end
Attached Images    

Last edited by John McM; 10-29-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:26 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
Big hi from the hundy club. More members welcome

Just did the nose bearing sleeve. It was a job I was dreading as big torque values and some horror stories out there. No more leaks from that end

Well done John. Most of this fettling stuff is about confidence and common sense. Passed another fear and adding to the confidence to do more on the car yourself
Old 10-29-2015, 01:33 AM
young_dennis
Advanced

This is a cross post from the 964 forum but if anyone here would care to chime in?

I'm looking into buying a set of Work Brombacher and would like your opinions on sizing. I am running around RS ride height and a fair amount a camber. The car is used for a mix of road and track, though these wheels won't be used on track as they are there for posing. That said, I am not interested in a slammed car just one with a good stance. It goes without saying i want to minimise rubbing and my be willing to use thin spacers (up to 7mm) as required

Here are the possible specs options

Obligatory eye candy.

I have set of these in 18's. Currently on my old car. (I can't remember the specs of the wheels though) I can see if my cousin has time to get the specs of the wheels
Old 10-29-2015, 02:14 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Well done John. Most of this fettling stuff is about confidence and common sense. Passed another fear and adding to the confidence to do more on the car yourself
Yes, and a kick up the butt. I went into CCS to buy power steering fluid. The workshop gave me a litre. Then I mentioned I was doing the nose bearing sleeve and the guy said take our tool if you want, which I did and suddenly no excuses. The tool fitted perfectly. It was a relative breeze.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:39 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
Did you consider Rotiforms Warwick? They make some interesting three piece forged sets and my perception is that they're a cheaper alternative to BBS.
Hey Jake I kinda like the "Fuchs" style they did. There range has increased since the last time i looked

Originally Posted by young_dennis
I have set of these in 18's. Currently on my old car. (I can't remember the specs of the wheels though) I can see if my cousin has time to get the specs of the wheels
Thanks mate. The more info i can get the better. Were they the platinum gold?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?