Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 06:21 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
if its the same 'ring time' as the 997.2gt3 can't be too much overhyped? Not that I am qualified to comment either.
I am qualified to say I have had the joy of a Cayman GTS for 1.5 days and it was EPIC - best Pcar I have driven. Having driven both versions - I think I would take the PDK

It also sounded the coolest car at the track, a few of us would hang at the end of the straight listening to the burble on the over run. You know its synthetic, but it's still a good sound.......
Old 07-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Gonna James? - you seem to have a car change itch to scratch...?

I'll let you take the GT3 for a spin to put you on heat :-)

Kiwi dude in the UK looking for a car - here is a primo example for you..??
Na I thrashed this out last time round and its not for me. A good talk to Rob Dong also helped in that decision too. I'm more a GT3 guy however it looks like that horse has bolted with GT3 values reaching tulip levels (like that George )

I still love the 993 and it's amazing the comments it still draws. However after owning it for a while now a few more horses would be nice however we all now thats expensive and rather futile. Not sure what I'll do yet.

I need to replace the discs all round before the next trackday and with the weak NZ dollar I'm not sure offshore is the best option. Parts Plus in Wellington are like $320 + gst a rotor. Any suggestions gents?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:43 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

In the weekend paper... "Values are increasing every week"
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:00 AM
mjg
Pro

"It's not selling, but we adjust the TradeMe ad price up by 5% every time we remember!"
Old 07-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Garry D
Instructor

Hi James
I don't know what these guys are up to , when I asked the price was $20 k more
that the car was offered to the next person .
Old 07-27-2015, 07:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
In the weekend paper... "Values are increasing every week"
That's hilarious. How long has that been on the market now? 6 months?
Old 07-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trademe ad for the toy shop 993tt says sold.

Low kms 996tt looks nice, the 55k 964 RS "clone" waits for a dance partner..... That used to be a nice car when in the UK, somewhere in transit it's lost some fruit.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Maybe. Maybe not. The GT4 is warrantied for road and track for 3 years. At least you can get out and use it for its intended purpose without worrying about expensive maintenance. The 6.2 GT3 is almost 12 years old. In the next few years most of them will be tucked up in bed and here we go again.

Comparing UK market to NZ is a bit futile. a GT4 there listed at approx. 70k GBP but all sold out. If you want to buy an allocation now would probably cost you 100k. Seems to be the way with all new Porsche GT cars in the UK these days. 6 GT3 60k private. In NZ the GT4 will depreciate from sale not unlike the GT3 & RS before it. horses for courses. If you want a new track toy covered with warranty that will be easy to live with and fun on weekends or as a DD the new car has significant advantages.

Dave. The factory correct wheels are the non staggered lip right?
I've got to do more research. In and out of third world wifi so having a bit of trouble loading suitable photo's. From what I can see 930 type wider Fuchs have a sloping rim profile from the florets which then turns flat, not a step. I'm certainly no expert on Fuchs but these look different somehow.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Speaking of Fuch's. Dave, have you seen these Braids ? Rennline are selling them as well

http://www.braidusa.com/Wheels/Comp/BZ/BZ.htm

Yes, I came across those. I haven't priced them as my interest in bigger / smaller Fuchs rests purely in giving the SC possibly smaller diameter and fatter feet to fill out those notoriously tucked rears - on a budget without concern for performance / weight / originality. That and a third set of 15 x 7's for the T just to get a different look on any other day. The genuine deep sixers are the real deal and would get track days and fast Sundays. Replica's mainly for driveway purving and my favourite passtime of acquiring, refinishing and swapping out wheels.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:53 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Did anyone get a photo of the black SC (with the C3.0 badge) at Caffeine and Classics? Was on 16"s running balloons; looked good although can't remember the exact size.

That 993 Turbo must have changed hands every weekend to support the price increases...

Thanks for organising the next track day Paul. Signed up. Looking forward to partaking in two events back to back with no visit to a workshop in between.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:04 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yes, I came across those. I haven't priced them as my interest in bigger / smaller Fuchs rests purely in giving the SC possibly smaller diameter and fatter feet to fill out those notoriously tucked rears - on a budget without concern for performance / weight / originality. That and a third set of 15 x 7's for the T just to get a different look on any other day. The genuine deep sixers are the real deal and would get track days and fast Sundays. Replica's mainly for driveway purving and my favourite passtime of acquiring, refinishing and swapping out wheels.
It sounds like you know what like and you like what you know. They do 15's but in fixed offsets. 17's for the '64 in pretty much any offset you want. Personally i don't like Fuchs on dark coloured 964's. I think they look great on Herman
Old 07-27-2015, 04:04 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Did anyone get a photo of the black SC (with the C3.0 badge) at Caffeine and Classics? Was on 16"s running balloons; looked good although can't remember the exact size.

That 993 Turbo must have changed hands every weekend to support the price increases...

Thanks for organising the next track day Paul. Signed up. Looking forward to partaking in two events back to back with no visit to a workshop in between.
No worries - just need the weather gods to do their bit.

Willl be interesting to see if demand is still so high straight after the first event.

Cheers
PM
Old 07-27-2015, 04:10 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
No worries - just need the weather gods to do their bit. Willl be interesting to see if demand is still so high straight after the first event. Cheers PM
Fingers crossed my track insurance is sorted by then. The quoted premium is 15% cheaper through Prestigio, however still working on the driver training aspect. No word yet whether 15 track events per year is sufficient experience =8'0
Old 07-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Fingers crossed my track insurance is sorted by then. The quoted premium is 15% cheaper through Prestigio, however still working on the driver training aspect. No word yet whether 15 track events per year is sufficient experience =8'0
Track insurance? With the Z221 and track insurance I'm convinced we will see a 1.16 from your R John, and I predict after the cocaine effects of that you will never look back :-)
Old 07-27-2015, 08:54 PM
savantx
Intermediate

Blue 996 Turbo sold this morning... So I bought the Silver one with PCCB's. Will drop it off for it's major service this week.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?