Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 05:39 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Not good news at all. How is yours coming along?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Possible not John. fulcrum physics dictate that each cm of length have a non linear square?) affect to pressure at the pivot point?
I would ask my engineering student son but he's playing games on the computer

This is what I've really paid for, the length to get under the engine and lift Herman high.
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I would ask my engineering student son but he's playing games on the computer

This is what I've really paid for, the length to get under the engine and lift Herman high.
I read it too quickly and it said you had paid for your son to become an engineer but that he was on the computer so you will never know the answer to the question ;-)
Old 07-28-2015, 07:03 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

John, I'm sure his education is helping him tune the cars in your virtual Gran Turismo garage.

What is the minimum height on the new jack? I've given up trying to sell my second set of wheels, so will likely refinish them and shod them with stickier tyres. Will need a jack and stands to make them useful...
Old 07-28-2015, 07:12 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
John, I'm sure his education is helping him tune the cars in your virtual Gran Turismo garage. What is the minimum height on the new jack? I've given up trying to sell my second set of wheels, so will likely refinish them and shod them with stickier tyres. Will need a jack and stands to make them useful...
80mm is the minimum height. model DK13HLQ http://www.acjacks.com/acjacks_003.htm

It would be overkill for changing wheels. You can use a race jack for that task. Just jack up each side on one point and change both wheels on that side. Repeat for the other side. The AC Jack is to lift the car onto Jack stands for engine removal etc.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, I'm sure his education is helping him tune the cars in your virtual Gran Turismo garage.

What is the minimum height on the new jack? I've given up trying to sell my second set of wheels, so will likely refinish them and shod them with stickier tyres. Will need a jack and stands to make them useful...
jake, Repco had a deal on a lightweight alloy jack for $199 a few weeks back... They may still have some. Looks similar to the small one in johns photo above. Spec seemed pretty good too.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
Not sure what you are looking for exactly but here is a pic of my wheels. This is front 15 x 7 (rear 15 x 8) note the lip anodized but the very edge is polished. I understand these to be period correct style.
Thanks Graeme. I thought after 40 years study of the 911 that I'd know what I'm looking at but not so. Maybe up to 9" they are the same profile as yours with a sloping part then the straight lip and after that they get a step like in the Magnus picture.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Maxem
Drifting

I noticed some discusson on rego fee's a few weeks back but patchy wifi put paid to reading it properly. Went to do the SC yesterday and was informed it will be $400+ a year. I couldn't register it though because the WOF is out but that is what the guy at the desk told me it was now worth. Would that be right? I hope the over 40 year rule is still alive so at least the T will be cheap.

Last edited by Maxem; 07-28-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:59 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

$400 a year sounds like nonsense. Your SC will be $238 - it fits into ACC levy band 1, which in theory presents the most risk of injury and has the highest cost.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Geesus
Track Day

Originally Posted by savantx
Blue 996 Turbo sold this morning... So I bought the Silver one with PCCB's. Will drop it off for it's major service this week.
Well done on the purchase!
I'll keep my beady eyes open for any 996 GT2/3 and Turbo or possibly even a 997 GT3....
Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by savantx
Blue 996 Turbo sold this morning... So I bought the Silver one with PCCB's. Will drop it off for it's major service this week.
Welcome to the Turbo club William - it's addictive. Didn't see the listing so don't know her details but if her coolant line fittings haven't already been reset solidly in the block (pinned/collared/welded) you might want to look at ticking those off along with the service. They're pretty bulletproof otherwise.

Hope to see yours out and about soon. Mine has a replacement oil hose on the way after one split on Targa Tour. Luckily it never dropped below the bottom fill mark but my garage floor still looked like a giant Rorschach test afterwards...

Who got the blue one?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Maxem
Drifting

$400 a year sounds like nonsense. Your SC will be $238 - it fits into ACC levy band 1, which in theory presents the most risk of injury and has the highest cost.
That sounds beter. I think I had a bit of a dud guy at the counter. What I also didn't realise that the new fee's came in at 1 July and so while I was away I held off re registering a car thinking I'd get the new good rates but it turns out that if the last day of the previous rego period was before 1 July then it is still charged at the old rates.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:36 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
That sounds beter. I think I had a bit of a dud guy at the counter. What I also didn't realise that the new fee's came in at 1 July and so while I was away I held off re registering a car thinking I'd get the new good rates but it turns out that if the last day of the previous rego period was before 1 July then it is still charged at the old rates.
The old rates were $286 so not that much damage done in that case. Much bigger savings on other cars e.g. Golf GTI is down to $147 and Cayenne to $171.

BTW: Whats the update on your '69T?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:57 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Thanks Graeme. I thought after 40 years study of the 911 that I'd know what I'm looking at but not so. Maybe up to 9" they are the same profile as yours with a sloping part then the straight lip and after that they get a step like in the Magnus picture.
the extra width 7-8-9" is created by extra depth in the barrel and the step and lip to the outer appear to be the same. The extra depth in the barrel creates the deeper dish.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:33 PM
savantx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Welcome to the Turbo club William - it's addictive. Didn't see the listing so don't know her details but if her coolant line fittings haven't already been reset solidly in the block (pinned/collared/welded) you might want to look at ticking those off along with the service. They're pretty bulletproof otherwise.

Hope to see yours out and about soon. Mine has a replacement oil hose on the way after one split on Targa Tour. Luckily it never dropped below the bottom fill mark but my garage floor still looked like a giant Rorschach test afterwards...

Who got the blue one?
Cheers, I don't think the coolant lines have been done. I was planning to drive it for a few months before going to the trouble. Do you have any recommendations on pinning experts? Is Motorscience the go-to? The price of the full service is pretty comparable so I ended up booking in at Conti's.

A quick mover on the blue one??

Also if anyone has a 996 stereo unit they want to part with let me know, I've got a Sony double din unit I would like to change to the original.

Based on my quote for a few parts from Conti's this morning I am guessing Pelican Parts is the way to go as well?

Last edited by savantx; 07-28-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?